Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia - 175 Visa (secure job in Ireland)

Options
  • 07-12-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I have a relatively secure job in Ireland but with the economy the way it is, I'd seriously consider a move to Australia. A lot of friends have went and brother is going next month.

For those of you in Australia or in the process of applying for your visa, what was/were the main factors in your decision?

I know that if things were looking bleak in my company, I'd be applying right away. However, I know that a 175 Visa takes a long time to process so I'm thinking that, even with a secure job, I might apply for a Skills Assessment (I'm in IT) and then do the IELTS until I can get the 25 points for English.

This would cost a total of $400 + 185 euro which is about 485 euro. I think this is a worthwhile investment because it gives me a backup plan and, should things go further downhill, my application would already be passed a lot of the hoops.

What's your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Seems a bit cheap? Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Seems a bit cheap? Are you sure?

I think he means its just for the Skills assessment & IELTS, the 175 would be another $2575 on top.

I think IELTS only has a shelf life of 24 months & skills assessment validly varies depending on the assessing body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I reckon you would be right.

OP you need to ask yourself do you want to live here?

Advertisement