Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Ten

Options
  • 07-12-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi, was looking for a place like this for the last few weeks but decided to press on myself and set up my own forum for my friends and family to push me on. I'm 29, originally from Leitrim, but living in Dublin for past 11 years (College & Work).

I decided that on the 10th October 2010 (10-10-10) I was going to set myself 10 challenges to accomplish before the 11th November 2011 (11-11-11) The challenges are:

1. Lose 30kgs weight!!
    2. Go on 50 blind dates.
    3. Perform in 10 concerts / gigs.
    4. Save 10% of my annual salary in savings.
    5. Swim a total of 400m each and every week. - Increases by 100m each month.
    6. Visit 10 different countries.
    7. Cycle a total of 50km each and every week. (Gym / Road)
    8. Attend 10 Cookery Classes
    9. Complete ten 10km races!
    10. Apply for 10 dream jobs!

You can follow my progress on my blog at www.challengeten.com, but I'm gonna start posting here too.

By the way, I'm looking for volunteers to do the Rowing Ireland Indoor Rowing championships in DCU on the 18th December. Full details are available on the blog, but the closing date is fast approaching (Midnight on Saturday, the 11th December). It's for a great cause too, the Irish Paralympic Team for the 2012 Paralympics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

50 blind dates :eek:

What happens if it goes well on date 1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

catweazle wrote: »
    50 blind dates :eek:

What happens if it goes well on date 1 ;)

He's planned his 30kg weight loss to coincide with the final, and conclusive, blind date! So no fear of the first 29 snagging :D;).

Seriously, Breifne, fair play on targets, it will make for a very interesting 2011. Perhaps once you've completed your first 10k, you can set yourself an additional challenge of getting your time down to a certain target by your final 10k... Not that you'll be doing anything else meanwhile, mind!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Breifne

Funny, it seems thats always the first question i'm asked? I have met 8 girls now, all different, most good, all entertaining!

One has been head and shoulders above the others, and have now been out with her twice, and a third this weekend.

Yeah, obviously I'm trying to get fit and achieve the targets, not just tick a box, falling through a 10k after 2 hrs!!

I have changed the 10 x 10k aspect of the challenge, to include a number of different disciplines, these will now include swims, cycles, rowing as well as running. I'm not looking to become a middle or long distance runner, just to get active and generally fit. Hope you enjoy following the progress!

Bad Week This Week, check out the latest post on http://challengeten.blogspot.com/2010/12/weekly-report-hitting-wall.html

Hadn't bothered posting in here for a while, but just figured I'd drop back in to say hello. My progress to date is as follows:

1) Weight Loss 13.2kg / 30.0kg (44%)
    2) Dates 26/50 (52%)
    3) Concert / Gigs 6/10 (60%)
    4) Save 10% of my Salary Completed
    5) Swim Distance per Week 32/50 (64%)
    6) Travel to 10 Countries 1/10 (10%)
    7) Cycle 50km per Week 33/50 (66%)
    8) Cookery Classes 4/10 (40%)
    9) Sports Challenges 9/10 (90%)
    10) Dream Jobs Completed

Full details on www.challengeten.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Great idea Breifne, and congratulations on the progress so far!

Advertisement