Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Service Inclusive package

• 07-12-2010 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

BrianD3 wrote: »

I have taken this from another thread.

There is approx 1,000 difference in the price of the 2 packages over 5 years for a 5 series diesel, I got 7 years out of my brake pads on the last new car I bought, so the brakes would not have been changed. It also covers wiper blades, WOW.

In the UK the full package is 990stg
    http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/about/auc_service_inclusive/0,,,00.html

Maybe all new cars should come with 5 year warranty and 5 year service packs inclusive.

Maybe some dealer somewhere will finally just do this and have a no haggle price. One price, no need for salespeople, no rip offs. Then every single car on the road under 5 years old would be in perfect mechanical condition and running better beacuse of regular servicing. People would have no problem bringing their cars to the garage when they knew it was pre paid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

dcmraad wrote: »
    Maybe all new cars should come with 5 year warranty and 5 year service packs inclusive.

Maybe some dealer somewhere will finally just do this and have a no haggle price. One price, no need for salespeople, no rip offs. Then every single car on the road under 5 years old would be in perfect mechanical condition and running better beacuse of regular servicing. People would have no problem bringing their cars to the garage when they knew it was pre paid.
    If customers were prepared to pay for it we'd have both now. Although i'm still betting not all cars would be serviced properly.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dcmraad

Anan1 wrote: »
    If customers were prepared to pay for it we'd have both now.

I have been car hunting a month now. I have lost count of the amount of calls or garages I have been too. Some garages are getting 1,000 euro more for a new car off someone who cannot haggle, so we are paying for it now.
    Anan1 wrote: »
    Although i'm still betting not all cars would be serviced properly.:)

Have to agree, reminds me of a gary larson cartoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have been car hunting a month now. I have lost count of the amount of calls or garages I have been too. Some garages are getting 1,000 euro more for a new car off someone who cannot haggle, so we are paying for it now.
    It's a universal truth that some people will be better negotiators than others, always has been always will be. Just don't be one of those people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

People would have no problem bringing their cars to the garage when they knew it was pre paid.

Sadly, lots of people seem to have a psychological aversion to garage maintenance. It's not that they are too mean to pay for a service, because they spend a fortune changing cars for new ones regularly, but they intensely want the car to "just work" so that they never have to open the bonnet, never mind go to a garage for a service.

The NCT test has actually made many of these people change their car before they have to go through the trauma of talking to a man in overalls at the NCT centre.

Advertisement