Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech alarm faulty sensor

Options
  • 07-12-2010 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi guys,
    i have an aritech alarm system with 4 infra red sensors and one contact sensor,
    my problem is for the last month or so the same zone has been going off,
    (last time yesterday morning at 5 am , delighted i was !! never mind the poor neighbours )

anyhow i rang the supplier (nightguard in galway) the guy on the phone was nice and helpful, but its an old system and he couldnt remember how to put that sensor into soak as he called it, but if i wanted to get a tech from his company around (€140) he's sure they could sort it>

so my question is does anyone have any knowledge or cures for me?
    any help would be great .

i have the password to access the control panel to get at the eng logs etc

thks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The sensor on that zone is more than likely faulty. If you go into the zone menu, then into zone attributes it is in there. If the sensor is as old as the system I would just get a replacement sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 westside99

i've never replaced a pir before
    * is there much to it ?
    * are they interchangable

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The connections on them all are pretty much the same.
    Make a note of the colours for the connections before you disconnect the old one, then connect the new one in the same way. Always ensure not to short the + power (Nearly always red) off any other cores.

westside99 wrote: »
    i've never replaced a pir before
    * is there much to it ?
    * are they interchangable

There is not much to changing the pir. The only issue would be the power in case you blow the fuse. It is easy to change as you will be using the same colours for the pir.

ok i've managed to get my hands on a aritech sensor ( newer than the one thats there)

on the old sensor i have 4 wires and two resistors
    red going to the +
    black going to the -
    then there are two terminals joined listed N.C.
    green wire to the N , and coming from N one resitor to C
    the second resistor from C to tamper terminal
    and finally the white wire to tamper

now the new sensor has 7 terminals

from 1 to 7 theres a wire joining them
    1 has -0v
    2 has 12v+
    3 and 4 alarm
    5 and 6 is tamper
    7 has LED

3,4 5,6 and 7 also has circuit kinda stuff on diagram to not sure whats its about

so if any of this makes and sense to anyone
    help please !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wire as follows

1 has -0v
    Black
    2 has 12v+
    Red
    3 Green & 1st Leg of a resistor
    4 2 nd leg of resistor & 1st leg of another resistor
    5 2nd leg of remaining resistor
    6 White
    7 Not needed Leave empty

Hope this makes sense. If not let me know & I'll draw up a diagram.

thanks mate , i'll give it a blast tonight when i get home

hi there,
    need some help, i just changed a sensor as per above, forgot to turn off the power though. so what happened is the fuse in the main mother board upstarirs blew, so i've replaced this but the key pad down stairs doesnt appear to work now and the alarm is going off !! any help?

From the sounds of it you have blown the fuse going to the keypad.
    Do you know which Aritech system you have installed ?
    Some have a diagram on the rear of the lid of the control panel which will indicate the fuse locations and the function of each fuse.

Advertisement