Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Chinese Takeaway Leixlip

Options
  • 07-12-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Hi their

just moved to the area and have two chinese menus in the door

- red house
    - canton house

Just wondering which is nicer?

or is there better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Red house is horrible, canton is way nicer.

or you could try the wok in if you really wanted too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

allanb49 wrote: »
    Hi their

just moved to the area and have two chinese menus in the door

- red house
    - canton house

Just wondering which is nicer?

or is there better?

Miss Wongs in Ralph square, beside AIB

All you can eat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Canton House is fab and they do lovely Thai on their menu too.
    Red House is mank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

canton house is good, massive portions.

Miss wongs is gone way way downhill, used to be great years ago, ive stopped getting it now......that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Wok Inn - Beef with green pepper and black bean sauce. Why oh why won't you deliver to Maynooth :|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Wok Inn by far! 624 5078/5. They do take forever to deliver at Friday and Saturday peak times though. I live off their beef satay and crispy shredded chilli chicken, amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Wok Inn is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I wouldn't eat from there anyway

yuuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Only ordered one on Saturday night, won't be again now!!! Feck sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ca3nie

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0207/breaking24.html

Wouldnt be buying anything from Wok Inn after seeing this in the newspaper today and the Red House just looks horrible! Canton HOuse seems to be the nicest around :o

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

I think that the Wok In is the best takeaway in Leixlip by far, I order chicken curry from them on a Friday night, and it does be quite delicious. :) In fact I ordered from them just now, and again the food was great. I would avoid Red House at all costs, I've had various bad experiences from them. One time I tried them again just for pig iron and the food was up in 5 mins, and was freezing! Also the chicken appeared to be semi-cooked, so I heated it in the microwave for a couple of mins to be on the safe side. Food is crap! Never again. Anyway that's just me, what about anyone else? Never really tried Canton House, what's the food like there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I think that the Wok In is the best takeaway in Leixlip by far, I order chicken curry from them on a Friday night, and it does be quite delicious. :)

Someone didn't read the rest of the thread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Someone didn't read the rest of the thread :o

It was actually Miss Wongs that was closed down - the newspaper reported it wrong which is terrible for the Wok Inn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

emmeim wrote: »
    It was actually Miss Wongs that was closed down - the newspaper reported it wrong which is terrible for the Wok Inn

Miss Wongs is gone cos they couldn't afford the rent, not cos of the FSA.

The FSA closed the Wok Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Miss wongs really gone?? few years ago that place was jammers all the time, own fault though, quality had gone way downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

df1985 wrote: »
    Miss wongs really gone?? few years ago that place was jammers all the time, own fault though, quality had gone way downhill.

Totally agree , food went downhill & they deserve to be out of business . If you go to FSAI.ie you'll see it was Wok In that was closedp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Have ordered several times from Wok In without knowing it was closed in January..and orderd since then loads of time...not gonna stop now, I don't see a good alternative.

Advertisement