Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S-Boston handwarmer

Options
  • 07-12-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Mine came in the post this morning. Had to go to Clifden to get fuel, but it's warmed up now and by God is it ever toasty :D

Runs on Petroleum spirit lighter fluid, takes two AAA batteries, about 15 minutes to warm up. Comes with a little pouch, filling funnel and two batteries. Easy to turn off also, just separate the two halves and put them together with one the opposite way, blocks off the fuel so it burns off the fuel in the top half then gradually cools.

Best buy of 2010 for me and I've only had it going about 30 minutes!

Highly recommended!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

johngalway wrote: »
    Mine came in the post this morning. Had to go to Clifden to get fuel, but it's warmed up now and by God is it ever toasty :D

Runs on Petroleum spirit lighter fluid, takes two AAA batteries, about 15 minutes to warm up. Comes with a little pouch, filling funnel and two batteries. Easy to turn off also, just separate the two halves and put them together with one the opposite way, blocks off the fuel so it burns off the fuel in the top half then gradually cools.

Best buy of 2010 for me and I've only had it going about 30 minutes!

Highly recommended!

Quick google search puts a mental image in my fead of what your chating about :P

Could you disclose what you payed for it ?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

350418751676 on Ebay :) Not cheap, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

350418751676 on Ebay :) Not cheap, but it works.

I bought a handwarmer version years ago.... jeabus it was a piece of sh!te :P

that looks like it would actually work well though.... 25 hours from a single fill would be fantastic too ..

Great find !

When it gets hot, if you held the silver metal long enough (not actually that long) you'd get burned, pretty sure of it. The red bits are cooler to handle the unit. Stick it in the pouch after it warms up and off ya go. Was showing it to the ould fella, he didn't want to give it up :pac:

Turning it on takes 5 seconds, not 20 like on the advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

When it gets hot, if you held the silver metal long enough (not actually that long) you'd get burned, pretty sure of it. The red bits are cooler to handle the unit. Stick it in the pouch after it warms up and off ya go. Was showing it to the ould fella, he didn't want to give it up :pac:

Turning it on takes 5 seconds, not 20 like on the advert.

F--k why did I not see this one:( ordered one of the large Peacock hand warmers yesterday same price, but with the on/off idea it makes it more economical. I have a peacock for years and I am very happy with it, but that seems better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Interesting, I was thinking of getting one of the Zippo ones
    http://www.heinnie.com/Survival/Hand-Warmers/Zippo-Hand-Warmers/Zippo-Hand-Warmer/p-484-621-714-4633/
    Wonder how they compare:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Jonty wrote: »

I saw that, there was something wrong either they didn't/don't have it in stock or postage was huge, can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

I seen some over here for €6.50, http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=1023&sub=34&subcat=Miscellaneous
    Not bad, if they keep the hands warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I got my 2 Peacock warmers today from ebay ;11.50 each for the medium size models. Thats the cheapest I'v seen them at.

item number = 330503746917

standard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

If its the exact eBay number you listed clive, then I think you might have got a knock off version.
    " The unit produces a high radiant heat without a flame (in the same way as the popular Peacock brand)."
    Probably work just as well though.

dos29 wrote: »
    If its the exact eBay number you listed clive, then I think you might have got a knock off version.
    " The unit produces a high radiant heat without a flame (in the same way as the popular Peacock brand)."
    Probably work just as well though.

I just managed to get some Zippo lighter fuel, @€;3.50, on the way to college this morning so I'll give it try tonight. Also got some replacement catylist elements at the same time.

I hear about it may be knocked off but will test it later.

All working well now, I'v got something HOT in my pocket. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

Where did you get the burners Clive and how much did you pay for them? They last ages, I'm replacing mine after 2 winters of heavy use.

Liam_D wrote: »
    Where did you get the burners Clive and how much did you pay for them? They last ages, I'm replacing mine after 2 winters of heavy use.

The one I got is a rip off as it does not have "Peacock" embossed on the cover. BUT it's working OK.

Got burners from the same guy ;3.99 + .75 post for a pack of 2 replacements. ONLY 3 packs left
    Ebay Item = 330506265954

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

clivej wrote: »
    The one I got is a rip off as it does not have "Peacock" embossed on the cover. BUT it's working OK.

Well, so long as you done the guinea pig work, I might just grab one of these!!! :D

Advertisement