Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol dearer in the Republic than in N.Ireland

• 07-12-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Expected now after the budget!

Average price Ireland (currently) = 135.9 Plus 4C rise = 1.40 EUR
    Average price In N.Ireland = 1.39 EUR (1.20GBP /.8657)

Nice one eh!

Can anyone tell me what the actual current Tax rates on petrol and diesel are in UK and Ireland? Curious to find out if its the garages who are really ripping us off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Curious to find out if its the garages who are really ripping us off
    Fuel margins are notoriously tight for petrol stations. You need to look at the distributors and oil companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Expected now after the budget!

Nice one eh!

Can anyone tell me what the actual current Tax rates on petrol and diesel are in UK and Ireland? Curious to find out if its the garages who are really ripping us off

I think your exchange rates are a bit out, nearer .84 at the moment. Even after the Budget petrol still cheaper here, and Diesel a lot cheaper. I honnestly thought we were going to be hit harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

dont forget the road tax difference. not all of us have post 2008 cars or can afford them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Spipov wrote: »
    dont forget the road tax difference. not all of us have post 2008 cars or can afford them.

Its sort of wrong that those who can afford post 2008 efficient diesels have got off the lightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Based on your GBP price of 1.20 per litre, that would equate to Eur 1.42 at the rate of 0.8433 quoted on Yahoo just now meaning that it's still cheaper down here.

Factor in the hidden charge for foreign currency (about 1.5 to 2.5%) that the credit cards hit you with plus the cost of actually driving across the border and I won't be heading to Newry to fill up any time soon.

Isn't the rate of VAT increasing in the UK in the new year? That will widen the gap even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Dr_Kolossus

eagerv wrote: »
    Its sort of wrong that those who can afford post 2008 efficient diesels have got off the lightest.

If nothing FF are consistent, its the little guy who always gets hit hardest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Given that the OP has been proved incorrect and the fact we have a thread running on the budget already I'm going to lock this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement