Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build a beast for me......

Options
  • 07-12-2010 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

First of all thanks guys, this board has lots of very experienced people, thanks in advance for all the help.

Right, ive 1,000 euros to build a beast of a gaming pc I have a monitor (27 inch) and o/S, (windows 7), if its worth it i can strech to 1100, "ifs it worth it" :)

I need the pc in 2 weeks before the 25th at all costs, so not sure if i should go with ebuyer or www.hardwareversand.de?

can anyone help me out!

Thanks again

P.S I should add that i would perfer (but not a nessesity) to have the place i buy from build the pc for me.... (very busy at the moment) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

just built a nice one for my self last week and can recommend the 6870 for gfx...its awesome... im using an i5 760 which works a peach clocked at 3800 with a noctua nh-d14 cooler doing its job nicely..
    my case is a fractual r3 which was a delight to build in.Very quiet..(also looks classy)
    Gigabyte mobo...cant fault it at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ill try put up a build in a while when i have time. in the meantime, id reckomend ebuyer instead of hwvs, as the delivery is sometimes held up by weather on the continent. why do you need it before the 25th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The Forsaken

thanks for your help guys, i need it as a xmas present by 22-24th, ive heard good things about ebuyer but havnt heard from anyone who had to return things? if the customer service is good ill buy it from them straight away.

Im considering overclocking the pc so was thinking i5 and Xigmatek Gaia and i should be able to get 3.3 -3.5 easily.

anyone have any comments on ebuyers customer service?

thanks for all the help lads........

remember i want a beast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

ive heard good things about ebuyer but havnt heard from anyone who had to return things? if the customer service is good ill buy it from them straight away.

I had to return faulty RAM to them. No major hassles or hold-ups, they dispatched the new ram the same day they received the ones I sent back. Think I had to pay for the postage to them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i've only delt with ebuyer recently, admittedly never used HWVS though.

ebuyer canceled an order i placed with them for a monitor, (out of stock) and didnt refund me the shipping cost for it, so i phoned them, got through right away, and it was settled in 2min. i also got refunded a bit more than i paid, and the guy said it was because of the inconvenience caused, and appologised profusely.

for that, i cant give them a higher reccomendation. also, their shipping was VERY fast. (maybe i was lucky, but i ordered on a friday, and got some of my stuff on monday, and the rest on tuesday iirc)

• Advertisement
Advertisement