Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Catches

Options
  • 07-12-2010 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

What are people catching? Anyone caught anything the last week or two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

Not much going on in Galway/Roscommon area where I'm from.
    River suck is almost at a fishable level now.
    Most if not all of the rivers have been in flood for the past 5/6 weeks now.
    I was going to go down to Clifden to give the sea a go but the cold weather got the better of me.icon9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I was out last week as the cold spell started. Was getting a cod or whiting every cast for an hour, bout 5 minute intervals, before it got too bloody cold and i fecked off home. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

I was out last week as the cold spell started. Was getting a cod or whiting every cast for an hour, bout 5 minute intervals, before it got too bloody cold and i fecked off home

Where were you fishing?

dvae wrote: »
    Where were you fishing?

Cork Harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Good stuff seafields what were you using for bait???
    Leftover pollock!!!
    :)

• Advertisement

TimMac wrote: »
    Good stuff seafields what were you using for bait???
    Leftover pollock!!!
    :)

Ha, no Tim. That pollock is long gone and i was assured he tasted lovely too.
    I was using frozen peeler. It was good sport but just not comfortable fishing in a northerly wind and it night time too during the cold spell.

Im obviously a summer fisher! :o

Advertisement