Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thromboembolic Clinic

• 07-12-2010 7:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭

girlfriend is due Mid April 2011.
    just got an appointment today for the Thromboembolic Clinic in the Rotunda.

never heard of it before, anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Has she ever had a pulmonary embolism (clot in the lung) deep vein thrombosis (clot in the deep vein usually in the leg) or is she on any type of anti-clotting medication such as warfarin or heparin for any other blood clotting disorder?

If not then it seems very strange that she has an appt for the clinic.

You should ring and ask why she has been given that appt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That or is there a history of it in the family? I think I remember being asked if anyone in my family were on heart medications...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Has she ever had a pulmonary embolism (clot in the lung) deep vein thrombosis (clot in the deep vein usually in the leg) or is she on any type of anti-clotting medication such as warfarin or heparin for any other blood clotting disorder?

If not then it seems very strange that she has an appt for the clinic.

You should ring and ask why she has been given that appt
    That or is there a history of it in the family? I think I remember being asked if anyone in my family were on heart medications...

all slotting into place now, theres a history of mild Haemophilia on my side :(

Nope, wouldn't think it's that, they specifically asked if it was my side and not the fathers side.

I wouldn't have thought that would be it either. Haemophilia is passed on through the maternal line but usually only affects males, as I understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Haemophillia would only affect males. Very very rarely it would affect a woman so I believe.

Nope, wouldn't think it's that, they specifically asked if it was my side and not the fathers side.
    I wouldn't have thought that would be it either. Haemophilia is passed on through the maternal line but usually only affects males, as I understand it.
    Haemophillia would only affect males. Very very rarely it would affect a woman so I believe.

just been told that her grandad died of a blood clot of some order many years ago, and she said it to the "Domino Girls", so maybe its from this?

Could be that. Give the clinic a ring to double check, it's worth the peace of mind, believe me!

Could be that. Give the clinic a ring to double check, it's worth the peace of mind, believe me!

gona get her to do that tomorrow to double check, cheers :)

Advertisement