Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forthcoming water restrictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

BostonB wrote: »
    I don't understand how they don't have enough water.

Water demand has increase by 25% since the start of the cold spell in December. People are leaving taps running to preventing freezing leading to massive drain on supplies.
    On top of this, there has been little rainfall in the last month.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I don't know if these new ones are actually going to be the water off. It might just be reduced pressure, because they were asking people not to use washing machines, dish washers etc. during the times. If it was off completely they wouldn't be able to use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 james77

Due to an unprecedented demand on water supply in the Dublin Region, reservoirs across the region are at critical levels. Because of this increase in demand, water supply will be restricted across the coming days in order to secure the reservoirs.
    During the restricted periods there should be adequate supplies in your household water tank for very moderate household use. Please do not run appliances such as washing machines and diswashers during the restricted periods. We urge everyone across the county to conserve water during this period - go to www.taptips.ie for ideas on how to conserve water.
    RESTRICTED HOURS WILL RUN FROM 6pm TO 10am ON THE DAYS LISTED BELOW. THIS LIST WILL BE REGULARLY REVIEWED.

Monday 27th December from 6pm to 10am
    Swords, Feltrim, Drynam, Skerries, Lusk, Rush, Baldoyle and Howth Areas (Offington and Duncarraig)

Tuesday 28th December from 6pm to 10am
    Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan and Balrothery

Wednesday 29th December from 6pm to 10am
    Dublin 15 areas and parts of Swords.

its already 24hrs here in Waterville with no water...
    suppose to be 10am, but until now theres none..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

There was something on one of the websites that due to all the burst pipes and heavy demand, and low supply that they may turn off supply completely, without any notification, and anywhere, not just the places listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I'm in Blanchardstown, we left the country on the 22nd with water and heat and came back on the 26th to a frozen solid house. No hot water, little cold water and absolutely no heat. I'm a boarder here so I have no idea what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Tuesday 28th December
    Malahide/Portmarnock: 2pm to 12 noon (time brought forward to 2pm as reservoir is almost empty)
    Balbriggan and Balrothery: 6pm to 12 noon
    Ongar, Littlepace, Church Road, and Huntstown: 6pm to 12 noon

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/EmergencyInformationUpdates/#d.en.30721

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Those hours have already been extended to run till 12!
    Ref post #34, my guess is it's off altogether, as they are saying there's enough in our tanks for moderate usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

they've changed all the dates and times it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Random wrote: »
    they've changed all the dates and times it seems!

I think it's changed a few times, that's the really annoying part for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i know they have twitter but i've noticed it hasn't been always updated and it would be nice to have some sort of email list too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yep, very annoying.. missed the notice this time, and now I don't have water for the next 16 hours.

I think it's safe to say Fingal's water supplies aren't anywhere near the standards required.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say Fingal's water supplies aren't anywhere near the standards required.

It's happening all over the country, you can't really point the finger at one particular council. The thaw always cracks pipes and results in water loss, and it's not helped by people being reckless and doing stupid things like leaving their taps running all night to stop them freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ffs I had checked the site 3 times to day and didn't see the last update.
    Only knew the water was off when I went to fill the kettle.
    I had planned to make the kids have showers as well this evening as the water was due of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

My room-mate did his laundry last night unbeknownst to the pending cutoff.

No water left at all as a result. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Water cut off today in Ongar

I assume its the fingal people that have cut it off - Shower not working nor taps in kitchen

Taps in bathroom are ok (ground floor apt)

Fingal website says water is due back at 12... mmm... 5 mins to go....

"Ongar, Littlepace, Church Road, and Huntstown: 6pm to 12 noon"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

We jsut tried our water a few minutes ago, there was some noise, could hear running water but nothing but air coming out the taps, we tried connececting the hot tap up with a hose, but all that came out of it was the hot water that had gone in, now there is no noise and no water??

Blanchardstown isn't listed on the Fingal Website for tonight anymore? Is it not going off now, or what's going on?

I think the best thing to do is do all your watery stuff during the day if possible just in case it goes off. It seems a bit all over the place at them moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If you download the spreadsheet there are three pages of listings for tonight and parts of Blanch are still listed. Bizarrely the part I live in has not been listed at all since the restrictions started. Am not complaining, just wondering why...not that I'm going to post the area..just in case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

You could have the good fortune to be located on the same line as the hospital. They'll won't cut the water to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 robhall_ie

ONGAR D15

Anyone got up to date info (not on the fingalcoco.ie website @ http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/EmergencyInformationUpdates/#d.en.30721) because this site just keeps updating the same info and isn't very specific.

Just wondering if we can expect water back by tonight/tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oonions

Water cut off today in Ongar

I assume its the fingal people that have cut it off - Shower not working nor taps in kitchen

Taps in bathroom are ok (ground floor apt)

Fingal website says water is due back at 12... mmm... 5 mins to go....

"Ongar, Littlepace, Church Road, and Huntstown: 6pm to 12 noon"

Susie, the water in your bathroom is probably coming from your hot/cold tanks (in the attic). You should probably use this sparingly.
    When you have water in your kitchen - the mains are probably back and your tanks should refill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

belleray wrote: »
    You could have the good fortune to be located on the same line as the hospital. They'll won't cut the water to the hospital.

Sounds about right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

We just have water in our kitchen cold tap but none in the tank, could there be low pressure?

We just have water in our kitchen cold tap but none in the tank, could there be low pressure?

I'm thinking the same. My tank is not refilling but the kitchen cold tap is fine. I've been up to check it but all seems fine...except no water. I checked with my neighbours but they haven't been up to check their tanks yet so they may still have water there.

:(

While in the attic earlier which is an absolute maze of wooden beams that I've never seen in any house before, I mis-stepped and stood between the joists and my foot went through the board below. Luckily enough, it was exactly above the hot press so no gaping holes in any room. Tread carefully friends!

Tank full again. 1st shower in 2 days. Nice.

Tank also full :D

Ceilings intact despite several sock slips on the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Not good.....

New Years Eve - No Shutdowns

Saturday 1st to Sunday 2nd Jan - 4pm to 12 noon
    Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Clonee, Barnhill, westmanstown, Castaheany, Huntstown, Hansfield, Ongar, Mulhuddart and Blanchardstown

Sunday 2nd to Monday 3rd Jan - 6pm to 12 noon
    Swords, Cloghran, Baskin, Mulhuddart, Castleknock, Carpenterstown, Huntstown, Hartstown, Blakestown, and Clonsilla

Edit - best check the EXEL Sheet to find out if your locality is being switched off

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Water/FCC%20Night%20Time%20Shut%20Downs%2027th%20Dec%20to%204th%20Jan.xls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Not good.....

New Years Eve - No Shutdowns

Saturday 1st to Sunday 2nd Jan - 4pm to 12 noon
    Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Clonee, Barnhill, westmanstown, Castaheany, Huntstown, Hansfield, Ongar, Mulhuddart and Blanchardstown

Sunday 2nd to Monday 3rd Jan - 6pm to 12 noon
    Swords, Cloghran, Baskin, Mulhuddart, Castleknock, Carpenterstown, Huntstown, Hartstown, Blakestown, and Clonsilla

44 hours with only 6 hours of water for many of us....smelly new year

I boiled a little water today and washed my bits. I still desperately need a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They have changed the site again.
    Tuesday 4th to Wednesday 5th Jan - 6pm to 7am

Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan, Bremore, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Porterstown, Clonee, Barnhill, Westmanstown, Lucan, Llittlepace, Castaheany, Huntstown, Hansfield/Ongar, Mulhuddart, Blanchardstown, Kinsealy, and Baldoyle

Wednesday 5th to Thursday 6th Jan - 6pm to 7am

Swords, Cloghran/Baskin, Mulhuddart, Castleknock, Farmleigh, Blanchardstown, Carpenterstown, Huntstown, Hartstown, Blakestown, and Clonsilla

Advertisement