Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forthcoming water restrictions

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Seems it's going to be every three days now. It's good that they have a plan now, only took them a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

hopefully with the rate of current rain fall we won't have restrictions for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thaedydal wrote: »
    hopefully with the rate of current rain fall we won't have restrictions for long.

Shirley the problem can't be actual lack of water? I was assumed they just couldn't get it treated as quick as people were using it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Nolimits wrote: »
    Shirley the problem can't be actual lack of water? I was assumed they just couldn't get it treated as quick as people were using it?

The problem is the reservoirs are extremely low. The freezing weather caused lots of pipes to crack underground and that results in massive water loss. These cracks are difficult to find and fix because they are 6 or 7 feet under the ground. Also, people leaving their taps on overnight to stop their pipes freezing results in loss of water, and then businesses and houses empty over Christmas having burst pipes and nobody knowing about them. All that combined with very little rain over the past few months means that water levels are extremely low.

And don't call me Shirley :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Castlecurragh never appears on the list on the Fingal website but our water's getting cut like everyone else? Am I blind and just can't see it or is there a reason why we're being left off the notification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Castlecurragh never appears on the list on the Fingal website but our water's getting cut like everyone else? Am I blind and just can't see it or is there a reason why we're being left off the notification?

Im across the road from you(Brookhaven) and we are never mentioned either, its all under the Blanchardstown area id guess

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They're probably all listed as Blanchardstown or Mulhuddart. They've numbered the different areas now and if you click on the link at the bottom of the list, where it says "download FCC night time..." it'll give you a map and you can see which area your estate is in.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/EmergencyInformationUpdates/#d.en.30721

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's just strange that nearly ever other street/estate in Mulhuddart is listed but not my one (of Jeffk's). Why aren't they coming under the whole 'mulhuddart/blanchardstown' banner as well? Unless Fingal don't know the names of all their estates...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/EmergencyInformationUpdates/#d.en.30721
    Important Notice: Changes to Water Supply Restrictions

Fingal County Council is glad to report that as there have been significant improvements to the stored capacity in the reservoirs, it is intended to ease back on the water restrictions over the coming days. There will be no further planned shutdowns to the water supply for the foreseeable future, however, there will be reduced water pressure between the hours of 7pm and 7am across the County on a rota basis and in this regard we are continuing with the schedule that has been in place up to now.

Fingal County Council wishes to thank all consumers throughout the County for their patience during the current periods of water restrictions.

REDUCED WATER PRESSURE - PLANNED AREAS

Monday 17th Jan : 7pm to 7am - Area 1

Swords, Kinsealy(part), Skerries, Lusk, Rush, Loughshinny, Bayside, Sutton and Baldoyle

Tuesday 18th Jan : 7pm to 7am - Area 2

Malahide, Portmarnock, Bremore, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Porterstown, Clonee, Barnhill, Westmanstown, Lucan, Littlepace, Castaheany, Huntstown(part), Hansfield/Ongar, Mulhuddart, Blanchardstown and Kinsealy(part)

Wednesday 19th Jan : 7pm to 7am - Area 3

Swords, Cloghran/Baskin, Mulhuddart, Castleknock, Farmleigh, Blanchardstown, Carpenterstown, Huntstown(part), Hartstown, Blakestown, Clonsilla, Coolmine and Phoenix Park Racecourse

Thursday 20th Jan : 7pm to 7am - Area 1

Swords, Kinsealy(part), Skerries, Lusk, Rush, Loughshinny, Bayside, Sutton and Baldoyle

Friday 21st Jan : 7pm to 9am - Area 2

Malahide, Portmarnock, Balbriggan, Bremore, Balrothery, Clonsilla, Porterstown, Clonee, Barnhill, Westmanstown, Lucan, Littlepace, Castaheany, Huntstown(part), Hansfield/Ongar, Mulhuddart, Blanchardstown and Kinsealy(part)

Advertisement