Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help (gaming)

Options
  • 07-12-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

sorry mods if this is in the wrong spot....

lads im trying to get my head around using the keyboard but not getting any joy at all..(dirt2)
    Im only new to gaming on the pc. have been using thre young lads xbox in the past but he`s conferscated it to his room so i built a gaming pc for my self to use...
    my question is can I hook up a joy pad like the 360 to my pc?
    if so what would ye recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

wired 360 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

indough wrote: »
    wired 360 controller

Is that it....no software...just plug it in and good to go?

it should be good to go under windows alright, what version are you running?

it should be good to go under windows alright, what version are you running?

win 7 home premiem

ah yeah it should just install it automatically then id say, worked for me anyway with no hassle whatsoever. they used to sell a wireless version with usb dongle for the pc but i dont think they make them anymore. wired is probably better anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

ah yeah it should just install it automatically then id say, worked for me anyway with no hassle whatsoever. they used to sell a wireless version with usb dongle for the pc but i dont think they make them anymore. wired is probably better anyway

Can still get them alright, you just can't get the wireless receiver by itself anymore and use your existing 360 controllers. Now it only comes in a bundle with a controller (thanks M$). :mad:

You can still get it off some amazon sellers though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1291750142&sr=8-9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

have been using thre young lads xbox in the past but he`s confiscated it to his room so i built a gaming pc for my self to use...

This isnt the world i grew up in....there's a serious fundamental problem with that sentence!

Nice one..thanks for ya help...And I`d say my keyboard say cheers also cause it was about to get fisted.....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I just got a xbox 360 wireless reciver for about €8 including shipping from Dealextreme. Chances are that you wont get it before Christmas though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Arcto wrote: »
    This isnt the world i grew up in....there's a serious fundamental problem with that sentence!

Why can't all parents be like that? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

For any driving games (or any games), just try the WASD format - for anything really

W = forward
    S = back
    A = turn left/strafe left
    D = turn right/strafe right

then add on little bits and pieces

Invest a little time in it I'd say - I have heavily played about 15 to 20 PC games over the years and I've used WASD for all of them basically
    I can post much faster times and move much more fluidly using keyboard over my 360 usb controller or momo steering wheel

If you want the controller now, then pop down to your local game shop and a USB PC xbox 360 controller should be what you are looking for - cost me about 35 quid, cheaper on ebay

Advertisement