Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland free student flights

• 07-12-2010 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26 V8power

I set up a student account with Bank of Ireland in August and have definitely used it more than the 20 times to avail of my free flights to a choice of European destinations.

Does anybody know how I go about getting the free flights.
    I want to use them to go to England in January.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Did get your ticket. I use mine up to 30 times and I've got nothing. I'll be calling them on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 V8power

I called into the bank a couple of weeks ago and they said that vouchers for the flights will be sent out in the post throughout the month of December, however I still haven't received it yet.

Also I was told in the bank then that the flights are on a first come first served basis - you get some form to fill out and you put down your flight destinations in order of highest preference choosing from a list of their dates and times!!! Sounds like you may not get the flight that you really want - wasn't told anything about this when I was opening the account!

You also have to give them something like 6 weeks notice before you want to travel so it doesn't look like I will be able to use the free flights for England in January!

Received text from BOI the other day stating that the weather delayed the posting of the flight vouchers and we should have them by the end of January.... What's the chances?!?!

Such bother - was never told anything about this when I opened the account, it sounded like we would be able to choose a flight to any of the listed destinations at a time that would suit us! - Was too good to be true, hard to get anything for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I received mine yesterday in the post.

Its about time, did you automatically get yours in the post or had it to be requested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

I have sent back my application form ages ago and it said they would contact you within 28 days but have not heard anything... I'm just wondering has anyone received word of where they got or when they are going? I would like to know to book my accommodation. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

ring these guys, they run the promotion.

http://www.winwin.ie/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BodgerH

The same promotion was/is on in 2011/2012.

Be wary with their offerings. I was offered 125€ for the second person (leaflet states 89€ plus taxes) for a Ryanair flight that costs 102€ for two passengers when booked through ryanair.com (including 24€ credit card rip-off)...

Win - win applies to the bank and the broker and perhaps the airline, but not definitely not to the customer/client/student!

Advertisement