Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Tattooing in Donegal/Sligo and age.

Options
  • 07-12-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey there. (:
    Quick question, i live in egypt atm, and im going back to ireland for the winter break and ive been wanting to get a tattoo for awhile, but its too unsanitary here, so i prefer getting one there..

I know it's illegal to tattoo anyone under 18, but ive also read different shops have their own rules about people under 18 with parent consent or whatever.
    So im under 18, but i have parent consent.
    Anyone know for sure any places around Donegal or Sligo that will tattoo me, with my mums consent? Please let me know. (:

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I choose to ignore the question you actually asked.

getting tattooed under 18 is just plain dumb.

1) you simply have no grasp of who you are, and so incapable of knowing what you really want in the long run.

2) because you are not 18, your choice of artist is limited by who is willing to tattoo children. not an ideal situation

3) because you are still in puberty, your body and skin will continue to change at a quick rate. this can cause tattoos to warp, move and in my experience - they seem to fade rather quickly in the first few years (this is merely an observation)

your parent's consent is irrelevant. you cannot make an informed discision for you and they cannot either - becuase they aren't you.

do the adult thing, and wait.

Advertisement