Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early Cata opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

TheUsual wrote: »
    What is a pug ? Sorry if it's a simple question.

When you mine minerals, do you just sell them, or change them into tablets at the forge and them sell them on the Auction House ?

PUG = Pick Up Group. Typically where 1 or more members of the 5-man group are random people.

I would put the stacks of raw mineral ore on the AH, because they can be used by jewelcrafters as well.

I'm nearly through Vashj'ir and halfway to 83 now (damn work). I'm liking the quests so far, and the scenery is spectacular. Not liking the 40-minute queues to get in, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

82 in under 3 hours couldn't be more bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its vaery fast leveling up alright.

have 2 toons on 81 from literally 4 hours. will try the rogue tonight and see if hes any fun, but i think the hunter is my main.

have a very low mage, like 14 or soemthing in heirlooms sitting in uc.

logged him last night, went to get the ferry to org, and my god does brill look good. its awsome.

just went to org and parked him though.

having never played a caster should be fun, plus for once im not dreading going to barrens..

have a pala at like 26 parked somewhere in heirlooms aswell.

think ill concentrate more on old content and level the hunter to 85 in between boredom sessions.

not sure if ill renew after this 2 month sub is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Would love to be level 81 if I can actually get in to start levelling, bloody q's of almost 3000 on my server mean I'm waiting ages just to log on. This aint what I pay for blizz :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

bombs away wrote: »
    Would love to be level 81 if I can actually get in to start levelling, bloody q's of almost 3000 on my server mean I'm waiting ages just to log on. This aint what I pay for blizz :mad:

if its that full no free move off no?

• Advertisement

It's about 80% horde on this server so there is a free migration for them but alliance are not so lucky. And when I do actually log on it's a total gank fest, 40 vs me, not fun at all. Guild wars 2 here I come ;)

p.s. started in the q at 15.00 today and still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TechnoPool wrote: »
    if its that full no free move off no?
    Realms Queues
    We're in the process right now of doing our quickest fix for queues which is simply raising player caps. Most realms that are seeing a high queue (once the cap changes go through) should see a substantial halving or more of their wait times.

Once that's done we can then continue to evaluate and take further action as necessary. In our years of experience, free character transfers are marginally successful in that the vast majority of players hate queues, but the vast majority also aren't willing to leave their realms and guilds to avoid them. It's a solution, and one we may employ, but it's one that isn't quick and easy, and with widely varying histories of success. (Source)

[...] We do have another round of player cap increases going out in the next little bit but bottom line is we're most likely going to have to work toward free transfers. They're not super simple to execute so it's not something that's going to be available today.

Anyway, we'll keep you informed as we go. (Source)

Free realm transfers have since begun on a few dozen realms, US.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Not very impressed at all. So damn easy to get to lvl 85. I was under the impression it was going to be extremely hard. Why they didn't make the cap 90??

Dungeons seem to be rehashes of old ones, but sure what's new there!

Archaeology is a bit boring, and I've yet to see the point of it. I'm low enough level though, so maybe I will get more than grey dolls when I move on.:pac:

I like the guild rep system. Me and my OH have moved from the raiding guild we were in back to just our mates, it's a bit of fun.

lol was at 600 in the q and the server shut down, beginning to pull my hair out.

Was thinking of rerolling on another realm, any decent one's with low medium populations you guys know of?? Would have to be pvp as I dont play on any other ;)

bombs away wrote: »
    lol was at 600 in the q and the server shut down, beginning to pull my hair out.

Was thinking of rerolling on another realm, any decent one's with low medium populations you guys know of?? Would have to be pvp as I dont play on any other ;)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status?locale=en_gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ive been in college havent had the chance to pick it up yet might get it tomorrow but meh im not really feeling that must have it vibe i got with the last two.

Been leveling a hunter tho when i signed up for the shattering like the revamped area's now im just trying to avoiding doin anything in outlands.

I dont like some of the changes now i was happy when i started but im at like lvl 66 and i wont have any skills till lvl 74 now !! who's bright idea was that :( zzzz

i'm 83 atm, theres hundreds of 85's on outland with 3000+ queues
    i wish everyone wasnt at level cap so quickly tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Nearly 83 on Wildhammer- EU. Just playing a few hours in the evening since
    Tuesday. it's very quick to level and my boomkin is just tearing sh*t up.
    I levelled as resto from level 20 via LFG and never played a big chicken before and am find this expansion easier than any other. I completed all
    of Hyjal and am about half way through VashJ... my only issue with the
    game at the moment is the 9 minute wait for groups as a healer.. I mean
    wtf?. WTB my insta que moar.

noworries wrote: »
    Nearly 83 on Wildhammer- EU. Just playing a few hours in the evening since
    Tuesday. it's very quick to level and my boomkin is just tearing sh*t up.
    I levelled as resto from level 20 via LFG and never played a big chicken before and am find this expansion easier than any other. I completed all
    of Hyjal and am about half way through VashJ... my only issue with the
    game at the moment is the 9 minute wait for groups as a healer.. I mean
    wtf?. WTB my insta que moar.
    aye I was playing my druid as resto but as it got closer to cata i started gearing feral for legit instant queues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm loving my Rogue at the moment. Really nice damage, and the quests are excellent. Lvl82 atm. Plus, just killed a mob that gave me 112g and 42k exp.

Do the hardcore raiding guilds always burn through the progression that quickly? Paradox is already 11/12 in 25m. I know you can attribute a lot of that to serious Beta homework but 5 days after the content launches? Thats a little ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nah its kinda average. Think it was a week before most of the main guilds were farming everything.

How long till the "give us more instances Blizzard, you owe us wah wah wah" starts up ya think?

a week.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    How long till the "give us more instances Blizzard, you owe us wah wah wah" starts up ya think?

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Overheal wrote: »
    Do the hardcore raiding guilds always burn through the progression that quickly? Paradox is already 11/12 in 25m. I know you can attribute a lot of that to serious Beta homework but 5 days after the content launches? Thats a little ridiculous.

That is very much the norm for them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Got to play over the week end , got from 80-84, madeabout 10000 gold selling Savage leather and Hypnotic dust ( 250 and 600 gold a stack respectively)

Liked Deepholm and Hyjal and am liking the look of Twilight Highlands , Hated Vash'jir with a passion. Did one instance , it was fun because we where all fresh 80's ( as in we did not ICC raiding so we where using early cata gear ) and it was actually challengingly fun.

Hunter changes are good , like Cobra shot and Aspect of the fox , makes Kiting a hell of a lot easier. Have found Worgen's to be my bane with there sprint ability. Got a corehound ( I know how many years later ) love there bloodlust ability !

Think I am gonna take up leather working , as my Enchanting is only 425, and could not be arsed paying inflated prices, or farming items to get it to 450.

Archeology is boring, might do it when I have completed the game :p

the bloodlust thing on core hounds is only new so don't feel too bad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Really enjoying this expansion. I've made over 20k gold in the last 2 days just selling ore/bars and herbs and associated stuff that comes from them (lifes, uncut gems etc.,).

Druid is at 84 now and have completed all quests in Hyjal, Uldum and Vash. Even done the Halls of Origination last night to complete the quest chain from Uldum.
    I like they way they've reverted back to BC style instances, but it's a bit of an arse when you've no CC in the pug, people are still used to AOE'ing everything and it must be hell for healers and tanks to keep it together - wiped I think it was 5 times in Halls of Origination. I forsee a nerf to instances coming soon to placate the masses.

The flow of the quests in the area's is very good and the thought gone in to some of them is excellent.

Enjoying it anyway, think I'll stick with the druid as my main now as I can't be arsed levelling anything else up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Very much enjoying more and more.

The challenge provided by Heroic dungeons is really entertaining, its literally taking an hour-2 hours to complete one run.

Trash packs in most instances are harder then bosses.

Granted this might calm down once people get geared, its interesting enough.

also oddly enough enjoying the vast amounts of reputation work I've to do aswell as the dailies and archeolgy and I'm very much enjoying the hussle and bussle of the AH.

I have to say, alot of people are making money, buts its very short term gain for themselves. Bars and herbs wont be pricey forever, the price is inflated because people ...are stupid dopes.

JC I got up first knowing that it would do well and I'm finding myself netting about 2k profit a day which is nice, but its a longterm investment. I'm gathering patterns and the materials now.

Ore etc wont be pricey forever because it will simply be flooded.

The AH is going to be a big part of my daily routine from now on and looking at things on my server, its going to be VERY easy to make alot of money longterm, even the people selling gems and other jewelcrafters.

Prices are going to be mad for a while, but Ipeople are undercutting so much, I'm able to buyout competitors stocks and relist for the norm price :D

Does anyone else think its odd that the Worgen don't have a jump ability, but the Goblin does?

I mean have you seen the Worgen NPCs? They ****ing jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Having done little to no research since i quit the game, how easy is the raiding content? Guilds breezing through bosses? or are we back to the good ole times of spending many resets mastering a boss?

I'm hoping the later but predict the prior :(

havent done any raiding yet but as far as the Heroics go, there seems to be an at least temporary return to old fashioned CC and a range of interesting new and old boss mechanics being used.

raids are hard at the moment with current gear :D

and heroics can be tough if people don't know what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Love the fact dungeons are hard, just got my BM hunter85 yesterday, ran a few normals. The group wiped more than once !!!! well we had a resto druid in feral gear -.- so the reason being his mana pool was not big enough for long encounters ! But it WAS fun. Rather it than the almost clockwork WoLK heroics tbh.

Have an item level of just 329 now, should I start doing heroics ? or keep at the normals till I get Ilevel 333 ? And what item level are we talking about for raiding ! I have actually never raided before ever :O First char you see

• Advertisement

I'm going to have to stick to guild runs i think. Pugs are pissing me off more then they ever have before. Tanks not bothing with cc, and then rage quitting when the healer can't keep up. Mass AOE from everyone. DPS attacking then cc'd target. People are ****ing stupid. I think i've had to successful runs so far.

Advertisement