Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early Cata opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Well I have been in decent pugs so far .. I would trap one enemy and the mage would poly another. Our tank knew what he doing ( I stuck with him for most of the instances ) Thinking of going survival, I hear its the way to go for Cata raid DPS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm going to have to stick to guild runs i think. Pugs are pissing me off more then they ever have before. Tanks not bothing with cc, and then rage quitting when the healer can't keep up. Mass AOE from everyone. DPS attacking then cc'd target. People are ****ing stupid. I think i've had to successful runs so far.

Totally agree, for the first time in 6 years ive gone with dps for cata,normally im healer but fancied a change.
    Lastnight i got into 3 random heroics on my mage, 40 min queue for each only for the party to disband within minutes each time.
    Such a pain! im seriously considering leveling my priest tbh,so sick of waiting for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pugs are dreadful, I'm strictly guild runs now

The LFG tool shows just how poor the general player populas is , the new Cata heroics are a test, and most people are failing so poorly.

7 attempts yesterdya to do my daily.

8th attempt with guild run it was a breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Pugs are dreadful, I'm strictly guild runs now

The LFG tool shows just how poor the general player populas is , the new Cata heroics are a test, and most people are failing so poorly.

7 attempts yesterdya to do my daily.

8th attempt with guild run it was a breeze

Doc why go alliance man they are just ....... level 85 my self Pugs are bad but hey i have to use them as not enough of the guild is 85 slow gits we have being running semi guild runs anyway work quite well when people listen.

Funny thing is watching dps trying to AOE everything down and dieing people need to start paying attention and thing how they play there class now kinda like vanilla wow .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jeawan wrote: »
    Doc why go alliance man they are just ....... level 85 my self Pugs are bad but hey i have to use them as not enough of the guild is 85 slow gits we have being running semi guild runs anyway work quite well when people listen.

Funny thing is watching dps trying to AOE everything down and dieing people need to start paying attention and thing how they play there class now kinda like vanilla wow .

The focus and dedication that is required on each pack is refreshing, but who says that it wont change come later in expansion, we might well be just bursting through heroics once more, hopefully its not a challenge thats short lived.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    The focus and dedication that is required on each pack is refreshing, but who says that it wont change come later in expansion, we might well be just bursting through heroics once more, hopefully its not a challenge thats short lived.

I agree Wrath was way to easy and get very boring very fast i enjoy hard instances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

here here on Pugs.

Tank left after 2nd boss cos he wanted a shield, then just said see ya and left. took 40 mins just to get that group in the first place. Plus the same old QQ hasn't gone away, ur dps is crap, healer keep up and all that bollocks.

Lookin forward to some guild runs tho for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

healers CANT keep up without cc or dps with a clue.

tried the first boss in sfk hc the last day, he just kept healing to near full as i was draining my mana bar trying to keep up the ****ters :/

resto druids SUCK for aoe healing now

Playing casually these days so I'm still only 83, but god, wtb mana!!
    I'm trying to get out of the habit of keeping everyone 100% and it's a challenge having to actually manage my mana :D
    Great fun though. But insane instance waiting times.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Playing casually these days so I'm still only 83, but god, wtb mana!!
    I'm trying to get out of the habit of keeping everyone 100% and it's a challenge having to actually manage my mana :D
    Great fun though. But insane instance waiting times.

I have no waiting time spec tank/heal on druid and gear for both i click join pug and bang i get instance straight away. mind you twisting nether server is fairly full on horde side .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

30+ minute wait as dps on Sunstrider Horde anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

30+ minute wait as dps on Sunstrider Horde anyway.

Fuck sake, and what kinda times on battleground ques ?

Ha and i remember them saying the ques will improve greatly when cata hits, nuh uh! they are now 3 times as long! :rolleyes:

Joined my first heroic Dungeon yesterday night , was the stonecore I think . Joined in on the boss that is a worm who spawns the shards that explode when they reach you.

The 4 others where in the same guild, I instantly thought yes this can't possibly go wrong! ( Oh lord I was in for a treat ! )

I was told I Would be killing the shards, thats fine with me I don't have a full set of pre heroic items yet but dps is what I know and dps is what I can do ....

We start the encounter. Shards spawn ... they spawn 5/6 at a time ( what I counted anyways ) Now if you ask a hunter to kill the shards he can do this , but since we where changed to focus. I do not have the luxury of a crazy high mana pool..... so I drop the first 3 within a few second , then out of my lack of Focus have to drop Fevor and use one cobra shot to kill the remaining ones. .... . First one went good ... but I noticed my team mates had not moved an inch during that spawn .... and begin to worry ... I was lucky to get the attention of said shards with the last spawn ....

next spawn comes around, they start heading towards the healer, I start spamming the multishot button to try and gear them my way , my pet killing two in the mean time .. alas when my focus was drained after a mere 2 multi shots I have 4 heading my way. Disengage and start doing dps drop them all . However I did not notice the remaining one work his way gradually towards our healer ... who seemed to be cemented to the floor because he refused to kite ... Boom, healer dead we wipe and I get vote kicked from group .....

and I got the feeling I wasn't the first to be kicked becuase I joined the random instance right when they where about to start the encounter....

Now I may have said very little in a lot of words ... and yes it was partially my fault for not catching the last little ****er ... but people need to meet me half way here ... if you see the shards comming your way .. move.. It was the fact they kicked me instantly before even trying the encounter a second time that got me cheesed off. I had done Grim Batol on normal with a pug , we wiped once or twice on the boss that spawns the similar exploding mobs but we had fun .. learning the tacts ourselves rather than looking it up on wiki.....
    Forgot where i was going with this...

TL;DR I got kicked from a group

I have no waiting time spec tank/heal on druid and gear for both i click join pug and bang i get instance straight away. mind you twisting nether server is fairly full on horde side .

Instant tank queues, no surprise there ;)
    I queue heal/dps, stil a delay
    nix wrote:
    Ha and i remember them saying the ques will improve greatly when cata hits, nuh uh! they are now 3 times as long!
    I would guess that "I can't be bothered finding the entrance" is a factor

nix wrote: »
    Fuck sake, and what kinda times on battleground ques ?

Ha and i remember them saying the ques will improve greatly when cata hits, nuh uh! they are now 3 times as long! :rolleyes:

BG queues are as bad. Last few days, i've only had an hour or so a night to play. Log in, queue for BG, do Archeology, 30 mins later i get a WSG which we probably end up getting steamrolled in (at least in the last few days anyway), and then 30 minutes more Archeology.

Fun times. Definitely considering transferring to a different server/race, if it means the queues go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,477 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

5man heroics = 5 man raids in questing and reg dungeon gear. Screw this, Im grinding rep :p

first boss in shadowfang is kinda fun though, even with all the wipes. 2nd bosses in blackrock are interesting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Finding the normal dungeons fairly easy now, gearing up a bit, still a couple greens but reforging feral gear to get more +hit and +expertise has helped an awful lot to push me top of DPS most runs. Might try heroics later on tonight for a laugh, see how it goes :/
    Even have a complete set of offspec blue healing gear though I've not bothered to even try healing in dungeons yet, not even bothered to lay out my second talent spec yet either for that matter :p

Been trying to hunt down Aeonaxx for the mount but no luck so far, also trying to get the Camel mount but no luck there either as of yet - list of new mounts here -
    http://www.wowhead.com/blog=176438/cataclysm-mount-guide-lions-drakes-and-camels-oh-my

Some are just fantastic looking but I really want that Camel mount as it looks so stupid !

I don't know how people can spend 12+ hours flying around trying to find a rare mount. It's almost certain you won't get it. It looks pretty cool though, and sounds like an interesting encounter. Either way, i still think the Netherwing Drake's are the best looking flying mounts around, even with some of the new additions.

Managed to do some good dps for the first time last night. Never really bothered reading up on it before, but not what my Rogue has some decent gear (still not 85), he can actually do a lot of damage. Will finish the grind to 85 tonight, and start gearing him up for heroics i think.

No, I wouldn't spend that amount of time. I'm completing all the quests in that area at the moment, so between those and farming really, I just pop over where it's supposed to fly around every now and again and check. I couldn't be arsed sitting there for hours waiting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I love this expansion! every bad thing has been improved! its just really well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,477 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

dailyblink5.jpg

I've lost count of how many people have attacked my sapped target so far.

Tanking in pugs is hard now i have to do it but really hate too pug are just to dumb and wont listen to anything ,meet a hunter that didn't know how to trap

Tanking in pugs is hard now i have to do it but really hate too pug are just to dumb and wont listen to anything ,meet a hunter that didn't know how to trap

Trapping can be difficult when there are any class that uses AoE , ,generally when I trap, I am the one who pulls ( with misdirection onto the tank ofc ) so I can chose which one gets trapped , rather than tank pulling, mobs miss the trap , then the second trap is gone within 2 seconds thanks to DK

However , I have recently got trigger happy with the disengage button for moving around fight quickly. More than once I ended up in lava

EDIT- But it is still better when a tank who knows this pulls !

Tanked Heroic for the first time ever last night on my Druid :)

Am usually healing or DPS.
    I was only messing when I joined as a tank too, pissed off at the 40 minutes queue times for DPS so kept joining as a tank then leaving the dungeon to go to Org and telling them I was going afk for 15 minutes, not to kick me and I'll be back - yeah I got my jollies from it for a while :D

Ended up though I just stayed for one (Heroic Throne of the Tides), was only doing it for a laugh and told them that I'd never tanked on the Druid before (they'd been there for 2 hours trying to kill the first boss and had gone through 4 different tanks!).

Anyway, first boss went down on second try and after 2 hours (!) we got to the last boss Neptulon. First try on last boss, everyone but me died in the first few minutes but I managed to solo (wtf!) all the remaining mobs on Naptulon while kiting the demon looking small squid things behind me at the same time. At that stage I died, couldn't solo the squid boss thing myself with whatever else was still causing me damage (like black bubbling oil or something causing me damage). Also took me a while to find him, can't tab target, have to actually go find him attached to the dome up the top side.

Second try, same thing again. Third try though it went smooth, really good and we completed the instance :) Dead happy with that now, even if only crap dropped. Some of the trash was harder than the bosses really :eek:

I've also made over 70k gold now just selling ore and herbs, upgraded my Pally to the highest flying skill (9k gold in total!) in prep for levelling him up next when/if I get bored of the Druid. Although the Druid is such a versatile class, so glad I left it to last to level up pre Cata as I realise now how much of a fantastic class it really is.

Delighted though that instances are hard now, hope they don't change that although some of the trash could be made a tad easier - heroics are almost like mini raids at the moment, enjoying not being able to faceroll everything.
    Feel sorry for healers, they seem to be bombing out of mana fairly quickly trying to keep everyone including the tank up. I don't need a huge amount of healing on the Druid, it's everyone else that seems to be a drain on the healer - I suppose people have to adjust, including dps, and not rely on the healer to pick up their own mistakes.

There's my Druid now http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/bohs/advanced
    Still a lot to improve gear wise but I'm getting there - right aul mess really but at least I've reforged for high hit/expertise.

Any Druid tanks out there got any tips ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

havent played in about a week and even still have only played about 5 hours since launch.

not much desire to play it either.

its all meh, that undersea zone is pure tripe

Got my Rogue to lvl85 a while back, and quite enjoyed the levelling and the new zones. Some excellent areas. Now though, i feel like i'm back to the way it was when i was lvl80 and not interested in raiding. Gearing up is a bloody chore, as the queue's on Sunstrider are a ****ing joke (bg's and pvp). I've already rolled two alts on different servers (Druid and Priest) just so i wont have to queue as DPS.

Also going to roll a Goblin Shaman, but i need a server without ****ty queues for Horde.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

WOTLK ruined the game for a lot of people of think, everyone just got used to lvling up an alt and gearing it up in no time, now with cata it's a bit of a chore to gear a char up so people are un happy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Got my Rogue to lvl85 a while back, and quite enjoyed the levelling and the new zones. Some excellent areas. Now though, i feel like i'm back to the way it was when i was lvl80 and not interested in raiding. Gearing up is a bloody chore, as the queue's on Sunstrider are a ****ing joke (bg's and pvp). I've already rolled two alts on different servers (Druid and Priest) just so i wont have to queue as DPS.

Also going to roll a Goblin Shaman, but i need a server without ****ty queues for Horde.

tried doomhammer? alot of us irish there too

• Advertisement

TechnoPool wrote: »
    WOTLK ruined the game for a lot of people of think, everyone just got used to lvling up an alt and gearing it up in no time, now with cata it's a bit of a chore to gear a char up so people are un happy :rolleyes:

To be fair, i never really bothered gearing up in WotLK either, bar some PvP gear. And i'd be quite happy to do that now as well, except for the stupidly long queues. I've said many times before that end-game just doesnt really interest me.
    Omphin wrote: »
    tried doomhammer? alot of us irish there too

How are the queues for bg's?

Advertisement