Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Station Purchase

Options
  • 07-12-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I've always had a bit of a keen interest in geography (without knowing too much) and the weather and when things like the recent snow kick up, my interest grows a bit more. With this in mind and lucky coincidence, I saw this in the Maplin catalog the other day:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=228825

Christmas is coming so I'm thinking of suggesting it for a pressie for me. I just wanted to see if anybody had any opinions on this. I saw some previous posts about a similar one and I gather that the opinion was that it's not the best ever, but good enough to get started out. If any alternatives could be suggested, I'd prefer for a purchase in Ireland - now that the country is in the shits etc.

I live in a semi-d house in Lucan so was thinking of positioning it on a pole beside the back garden shed, giving it access to wind (albeit probably a bit sheltered by other houses in the estate) and making it accessible to me.

Any thoughts/feedback appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement