Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External motion sensor light malfunctioning intermittently

Options
  • 07-12-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of lights in the yard operated by a single motion/light sensor switch.

In the last few days the lights have stopped working a couple of times.

Any ideas regarding a possible cause?

Could it have anything to do with the unusually cold weather?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Could it have anything to do with the unusually cold weather?

yes it could there is a temperature operating rage for these units. Also there is a big difference in the quality of some of these sensors, usually the standalone units are better than the units with the built in sensors, but some of them can go a little dicky in the cold, plus if they are installed near a flat roof cats sometimes set them off to catch insects in the glare, so it would not surprise me if they set them off to get the heat from them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

Motion sensor light still off, so I'll have to wait and see whether it's a cold temperature issue.

Hasn't been so cold in this neck of the woods as elsewhere, so surprising that conditions would have exceeded manufacturer's spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you could try to reset it, turn the power of to it for a bit from the MCB/fuse and see if it resets on power up. I also thing that if you have a master switch for some of them that there is a sequence of switching that you can do to reset them also puts them back to factory reset, something like on and off three times , someone here will know it, it thin 2010 knows the code, but try the power on and off too

Advertisement