Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Take it easy out there

• 07-12-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Crashed this evening travelling about 40 / 45km straight stretch of road. Car hit bad ice and spun, hit the raised ditch and up and over on the roof. Car is wrote off but thankfully nobody or me was injured - take it really easy out there guys - I thought I was taken it handy (100km zone) What I couldn't believe was the attending Garda believed the road hadn't been treated since the previous Friday - it's a national routeway :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

PFL wrote: »
    What I couldn't believe was the attending Garda believed the road hadn't been treated since the previous Friday - it's a national routeway :eek:

If thats true then thats pretty bloody scandalous. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Sorry for your troubles,

Have felt the car trying to step out a couple of time over the week (M50 early in the am ), aint a nice feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Hi Guys,

Crashed this evening travelling about 40 / 45km straight stretch of road. Car hit bad ice and spun, hit the raised ditch and up and over on the roof. Car is wrote off but thankfully nobody or me was injured - take it really easy out there guys - I thought I was taken it handy (100km zone) What I couldn't believe was the attending Garda believed the road hadn't been treated since the previous Friday - it's a national routeway :eek:

I have to drive from Carlow to Dublin on Friday via the M9 and I'm nervous enough about it as it is.

Sorry about your misfortune, seen many in the ditches the past days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Hi Guys,

jayus you are lucky was it on the n4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Close - N61 between Boyle and Tulsk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i know this means nothing but i love cars, what car was it ? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Close - N61 between Boyle and Tulsk

i drove that today going to castlerea area from boyle , f**king letal white knuckle driving all the way , the roads are pure ice and have never been gritted , hope you are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

mondeo wrote: »
    I have to drive from Carlow to Dublin on Friday via the M9 and I'm nervous enough about it as it is.

Sorry about your misfortune, seen many in the ditches the past days

this was the M9 this morning
    2ih5l05.jpg
    :eek:

i know this means nothing but i love cars, what car was it ? :(

Toyota Avensis - a good car to have a crash in kept me safe
    duckysauce wrote: »
    i drove that today going to castlerea area from boyle , f**king letal white knuckle driving all the way , the roads are pure ice and have never been gritted , hope you are ok.

I'm shocked no gritting on the road it's main road from the West to Athlone and is classed as National secondary routeway - am okay was very lucky bit shocked had to climb out passenger window upside down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Absurdum wrote: »

jaysus:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there should be a thaw setting in by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Can I ask what speed you were doing? Just so we can get an idea.

EDIT: Sorry, you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hi Guys,

Crashed this evening travelling about 40 / 45km straight stretch of road. Car hit bad ice and spun, hit the raised ditch and up and over on the roof.

on the roof - you must have got an awful fright!

were you doing a "shakin stevens" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Sorry to hear about that. At least you're ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I drove Limerick - Skibbereen - Limerick today to get a client out of a hole for tomorrow. I didn't get to leave until 12.30 too. Roughly 3 1/2 hr journey each way. Got home at 9. I'll sleep tonight!

Edit: I didn't literally have to get a client out of a hole. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

good to hear you are ok, cars can be replaced people cannot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

2ih5l05.jpg
    jaysus:(
    The M3 has looked a lot like that for most of this/last week :mad:

fryup wrote: »
    on the roof - you must have got an awful fright!

were you doing a "shakin stevens" ?

Ya was a bit surreal, lots of people stopped to help including the offer of tea and sandwiches. As bad a state the Country is in we are an unique caring people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

Glad to hear that you're OK, OP, and that there were no injuries.

Peoples caring reactions after you've had an accident do help a lot, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    The M3 has looked a lot like that for most of this/last week :mad:
    ditto on the M3, but worth mentioning that it probably wasn't the best/safest time for Absurdum to be taking a picture! living up to the username methinks :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ya was a bit surreal, lots of people stopped to help including the offer of tea and sandwiches. As bad a state the Country is in we are an unique caring people.
    I've noticed that myself, the bad weather seems to be bringing out the best in people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

homer90 wrote: »
    Sorry for your troubles,

Have felt the car trying to step out a couple of time over the week (M50 early in the am ), aint a nice feeling.

its a horrible feeling. I had this while changing lanes on the m50. I've seen the service trucks on standby around the bridge which I see a lot of since back roads are just too dangerous because they were never gritted.

sorry to hear about your Car op. I hope people pay more attention now. seen a lot of tailgaters and general poor driving in what are defiantly conditions for taking care on the roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've noticed that myself, the bad weather seems to be bringing out the best in people.

I live in one of Dublin's many apartment complexes where nobody knows anybody, this week we've all been out pushing, shovelling and shoving each others cars and have all gotten to know each other. I even had a few pints with one of the neighbours on Saturday night

Glad to hear you're ok OP and no lasting damage done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

vibe666 wrote: »
    ditto on the M3, but worth mentioning that it probably wasn't the best/safest time for Absurdum to be taking a picture! living up to the username methinks :P

it's not my pic, someone posted it on twitter earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's not my pic, someone posted it on twitter earlier
    yeah, it could have been me! :pac:

(it wasn't, but it could have been. :))

Advertisement