Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Raves

Options
  • 07-12-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

First let me apologise if this is in the wrong section, I get confused on what goes where - thats what she said.
    Anyway, let me proceed.

I'm looking for Raves that take place in Galway, if anyone knows anything about them or knows where I can get some information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    OP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

there are no real raves in galway :(

piss poor nightclubs doing nothing too exciting going on around here most of the time

this might be worth a look over xmas tho

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=147452138636923&set=a.125078167540987.16410.109833862398751

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OrangePotater

Are you serious?
    No underground raves? None in big ol warehouses or at the docks?
    No raves at all? No Neon lights or unbearably loud music?

Cant actually believe that, was hoping to find a regular rave spot to hit up now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Are you serious?
    No underground raves? None in big ol warehouses or at the docks?
    No raves at all? No Neon lights or unbearably loud music?

Cant actually believe that, was hoping to find a regular rave spot to hit up now and again.

Nothing to see here tbh.

Apart from Night Clubs are there any events that even slightly resemble Raves then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Apart from Night Clubs are there any events that even slightly resemble Raves then?

Saturday night in Crowes can get a bit mental.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

You can be sure that if there was ever an undergorund rave planned in Galway, all the locals would be giving out about it on the radio (and on here) and the Guards would shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look through Clubbing to see what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

First let me apologise if this is in the wrong section, I get confused on what goes where - thats what she said.
    Anyway, let me proceed.

I'm looking for Raves that take place in Galway, if anyone knows anything about them or knows where I can get some information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    OP.

nice try, gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

That was exactly my first thought, are you a cop?

Raves in Galway? There isn't even a decent overground scene here. Went to an underground happy hardcore party, that was about as close as I've seen around here and there was too much glitter, pink fluff and **** music for it to be much fun. A rave it was not.

But dude, if there are raves do you really think it'll get posted on boards or even PMed to you? You could be a cop, a weirdo or worse! Get out and get meeting with people who have the same interests and maybe organize one yourself. Let us know where it's at ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Raves in Galway? Not in years... ah, the good old days :)

• Advertisement

Well first let me say thanks for all the replies and sorry to burst your bubble folks , I'm not gardai.
    Im a student of Marine Biology at GMIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Well first let me say thanks for all the replies and sorry to burst your bubble folks , I'm not gardai.
    Im a student of Marine Biology at GMIT.

I'd bet you say that to all the Perps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I'm the pope.....

The best you can hope for in Galway is a decent gig in Kellys or the likes of the Castle reunion. After that house parties.

Not heard of a decent rave round these parts since the 90's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry officer, I haven't heard anything about any raves...

/edit
    Melty got there first :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

18 years too late im afraid

haha, why is everyone so paranoid that im the gardai.
    Do Gardai actually come on boards.ie and ask regular folks about raves so they can make a bust?
    Pretty sad imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

haha, why is everyone so paranoid that im the gardai.
    Do Gardai actually come on boards.ie and ask regular folks about raves so they can make a bust?
    Pretty sad imo.
    No more sad that shutting down raves using any other method. Omg there might be young people there enjoying themselves, choosing to drink alcohol or take drugs and listen to music! Quick, better tell them what they can and can't do with their bodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

OP as you are new here I think that you should organise a Boards Christmas/New Year rave.

I spent some time travelling around Ireland during the amazing summer in 2003. I couldn't find one rave or beach party !.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

People don't want to run the risk of getting their gear confiscated, when I say gear I mean speakers etc.

Talking of Gear I was involved in a mega rave on a disused airfield in England. The Police got wind of it & basically said that all they were interested in were people selling drugs. So I borrowed my mates Spaniel, put a high viz coat on him & took him to the entrance.

It was really funny to watch guys approaching, seeing the dog & walking away to leave the stash in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Most of the original Galway ravers are in their mid/late 30's now, married, nearly married, practically married, and/or settled, or settled with kid(s). None of the above are conducive to going raving:D

There used to be a spot near Kinvara where one would happen occasionally; I've no idea whether they still happen there now or not, but they were happening there within the last 10yrs.

I am well past my mid 30's but I would love to go to a decent rave. I was living in the UK during the M25 raves. They were great craic especially trying to outwit the cops.

I was in the crowd during the amazing KLF set at Helter Skelter. My mate even got one of the 1000 £1 notes that were thrown from the stage.

See MR you're never too old to rave :D

220px-2K_-_Wheelchair.gif
    Two "old reprobates": The KLF come out of retirement for 23 minutes to make an appearance as 2K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

There used to be a spot near Kinvara where one would happen occasionally

There used to indeed... now there's a bunch of half-formed memories come flooding back.

Kitty's field:D

My OH would probably fancy a big rave himself too tbh. Somebody should really organize one and help people relive their youth:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Ah Kitty's field only over the road from me, here a nice memory of the place:

'Believe it or not South Galway/North Clare was the hub of the rave scene back in the late 80's early 90's.

The youngest son of a major english jeweller bought a farm of lad about 2 miles up the road from us. He set up a massive rave venue in 'Kittys field' in a townland called cappacosheen. He used to run buses from colleges in england on a monthly basis to the gigs. You'd have a field of a couple of thousand people out of their heads over a full weekend.
    Young fcuked up idle ilk turning up on our door step on saturday nights looking for Kittys field. I was barely hitting my teens back then and did understand the relevence of it all.... '

Taken from The free kick

I wouldnt attempt to spell cappacosheen:D

I was there a few times but at that stage I don't think they were at all as crazy as they had been. I also got dragged to the Hydro many a weekend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

is it something like this your looking for OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAHHW9YYpBo

theres nuffick apart from house parties going on but you cant beat a good session yeah? have a look around irishclubbingdotnet to find out about decent dance events in galway. sebastien leger is in kellys tomorrow if thats up yr alley

I wouldnt attempt to spell cappacosheen:D

I was there a few times but at that stage I don't think they were at all as crazy as they had been. I also got dragged to the Hydro many a weekend:D

Do you mean the Hydro Hotel in Lisdoon ?. I ended up there during the 2003 Matchmaking Fest - don't ask ;)

I was amazed as it was a brilliant night. Really nice atmosphere & some classic tunes.

The Hydro in Lisdoon yes; used to play classic tunes back then aswell:D

• Advertisement

The Sat night that I was there the "dj" was a Somali Waiter !. People just yelled out requests - much better than most clubs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement