Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Raves

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

There's a Castle reunion in the Oslo on Stephen's night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Discodog wrote: »
    The Sat night that I was there the "dj" was a Somali Waiter !. People just yelled out requests - much better than most clubs.

Were there guys with tshirts wrapped around their heads shouting Burn Burn?

That was a true hydro experience.....

A Castle reunion on Stephens night? I know a few people who'll be happy with that....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

A Castle reunion on Stephens night? I know a few people who'll be happy with that....

Ya, its on the 'I raved in the Castle' facefcuk page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

the danger with a rave these days is that not so much the law showing up but the people you really dont want there,scumbags,thats when things get messy.

cant blame people not wanting their gear (SPEAKERS :D) trashed.
    cdjs and the like cost a pretty penny for horsing into fields!haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Were there guys with tshirts wrapped around their heads shouting Burn Burn?

I didn't see any Taliban !.

The closest that you get to raves are the carpark ones at Festivals like Electric Picnic.

The gear is kept safe inside a van.

You could still get scumbags in the old days but people would beat the crap out of them.......... in a nice smiley kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

soundbyte wrote: »
    There's a Castle reunion in the Oslo on Stephen's night.
    So pissed i'm gonna miss this, going away for the christmas.

The facebook page is deadly, people uploading vintage tunes everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

barryd09 wrote: »
    the danger with a rave these days is that not so much the law showing up but the people you really dont want there,scumbags,thats when things get messy.

cant blame people not wanting their gear (SPEAKERS :D) trashed.
    cdjs and the like cost a pretty penny for horsing into fields!haha

I know some nice heads who had a small gathering this summer out in moycullen

some local farmers came down in the morning with shotguns to disperce a totally peaceful gathering of friends

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hmmmm...looking for a rave? Aren't you about 15 years too late?:pac:

1995 is thataway --- >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OrangePotater

xdeletiax wrote: »
    is it something like this your looking for OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAHHW9YYpBo

theres nuffick apart from house parties going on but you cant beat a good session yeah? have a look around irishclubbingdotnet to find out about decent dance events in galway. sebastien leger is in kellys tomorrow if thats up yr alley

This is exactly what i was looking for.
    Sucks that I missed parties like that, they look far better than we have on offer these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

barryd09 wrote: »
    I'm too young to know what a rave was like 'in your day'(:p) but I've heard certain people mention going to beach parties and the like around the place these days and some of them are unsavoury characters, to put it nicely, scummy chav types and druggies who think being off their tits means its time to fight, rob and wreck, not make friends with everyone! Maybe thats what it was like then though and you just have the rose tinted spectacles on?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

i think those days of loved up raves are gone forever,its sad.too many knacks about these days who look for a fight when off their heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vodoo

Was at a party in Galway city for this New years. Came down from wexford with some friends and wondered into this party/rave. seemed to be alot of hippys there which is alwas good and no knackers which is better. everyone was cool and friendly. Dubstep was being lashed out it was insane, the djs were very good. this was only my third night out in Galway and every night i have been there if ended up at random mash ups, that is also due to the fact that i have friends in galway who are in2 that sence but it just goes to show that the Galway ppl are still partying like its the early 90's ha. i left at 7:00am the next day but looked like it was never going to end. was wondering was anyone else there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement