Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for christmas day?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, just wondering does anyone know where's open for christmas day? I'm working till 9pm on Christmas Eve so won't have the energy or time to make it all the way home for my mum's cooking :( My and my boyfriend are hoping to eat out instead, we were thinking of this place http://www.ireland-guide.com/establishment/la_bigoudenne.3256.html which gets rave reviews online and I spoke to the owner today and the menu for christmas day sounds fabulous. The only problem is it's in Fermoy and there's no gaurantee of how easy it will be to travel, so I want to look into options in the city too. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

heard an add on radio for Radisson hotel in littleisland... doing xmas lunch/dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Rahc

If you're driving, head down to Kinsale.. the Blue Haven is open for Christmas lunch and the food is always delicious there

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

scuby wrote: »
    heard an add on radio for Radisson hotel in littleisland... doing xmas lunch/dinner

Yup. I was working last xmas day (and this one 2:mad:). Work order the grub in from there. Delicious. Slept for the rest of the day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Barn opens Xmas Day won't be cheap but their food is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Barn opens Xmas Day won't be cheap but their food is amazing.

That sounds great - I can really imagine a real Christmas feel to the Barn on Christmas day. I really like the place, many don't because they say its dated and old fashioned. That is what I like about the place. Eating in modern reastaurants with stainless steel and glass everywhere and no table cloths bugs me.

If I am paying 25 euro for a steak I want a table cloth and a linen napkin!!:mad:<end rant>:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement