Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant close to grand canal theatre?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to take my girlfriend out tomorrow night and I'm wondering can anyone recommend a good restaurant with a bit of class close to the grand canal theatre where we both wouldn't look too out of place (we're both 20). Once it looks nice and the foods nice then I'm happy. So boardsies.. suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Ely HQ is quite nice, the last time I was there during the summer it was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I'd recommend Bridge Bar and Grill. Good food, atmosphere and some good menu deals. Chicken wings are delish too!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

olaola wrote: »
    Ely HQ is quite nice, the last time I was there during the summer it was pretty good.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Bridge bar and grill is nice but a little pricey.
    I'd recommend Herb street or Milanos - there is also a chinese restaurant crystal boat that i've heard good things about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I was in Riva for lunch and it's not bad at all. :)

Was very disappointed with Milano, both with food and service. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Riva is quite good. I'd avoid Herbstreet (I think it's only open for lunch anyway).

Milano's is nice for a cheerful pizza. Ely HQ is good, but sometimes I don't think it's worth the money. I think Riva strikes a better balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Has anyone tried Kudos before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

belacan wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Kudos before?

I've had take away from it a few times. Meh. Nothing special.

Advertisement