Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FIFA 11 Manual Cup

Options
  • 07-12-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭

Ive been thinking for a while about setting up a Boards manual cup for anybody interested. I know theres a few on the site playing manual fifa and hopefully a few more will change over from assisted/default settings.

So if ya want a few unassisted and generally more realistic games of fifa, throw yer Boards tag and PSN down below and wel try to get it up and running soon...

First of all, I dont want to take anything away from TheWools who has a cracking setup in the already established leagues on boards. Its just near nigh impossible to find manual matches in the game at times so hopefully wel get a core manual players through the tournament...

Rules
    1. No assistance allowed; including auto switching set to manual, auto switch move assistance to none and pass power assistance to off. Analog sprint, however should be set to ON.
    2. Pick any 4* club team
    3. Boards fifa rules charter to be acknowledged and implemented during the cup

Star rating of teams allowed in the competition 15 votes

Any Star teams
    0% 0 votes
    4.5 star or lower
    20% 3 votes
    4 star or lower
    46% 7 votes
    3.5 star or lower
    33% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm 100% in. PSN: Adam-88-S

A manual cup would be great fun. If you need a hand doing anything, I'm sure I can help, would love to see this up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Cheers Adam, I see yer flying high in the rankings so would be good to test ourselves against the best:D If ya want mate, Il put ya down as a co-adminstrator along with myself and Gillysome on the soccerrepublic site Im planning to use. Havent a dogs notion on how to use the site but the mods on soccer republic said theyd help me out to organise it. Il PM ya the details of the link if yer interested mate.

I said 4 star teams (as using 5 star teams as ya know can lead to frantic/sloppy play during games) because it will add a bit of more skill and realism to matches. But if anyone wants to pick a lower starred team (as I myself am planning to use Udinese) thats mighty. Hopefully over the next few weeks a few more will drop into the thread and put their name down

Yea sounds good. Fire away. I'm sure well get a few more anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Count me in. PSN: Just-Contribute

I'm just playing to have fun and make up the numbers. Never played manual before so not expecting much.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

I'm definitely in. great idea mate. Psn - Gillly09:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Im in PSN is Kells97 I neverplayed manual before.

Now we're flying it:pac:

To the lads who havent played manual before, Id get practicing. I dont mean to sound patronising or anythin, its just that its a change from the assisted play and takes a couple weeks to get used to. Probably wont start for another while until we see how many players we have so in the mean time, ditch those assisted settings and see how ye get on! Everyones entitled to take part though, so the more the merrier.

Adam, Il get the site details PM'd to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Only seen this now, sign me up. PSN Uroboric.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

I'll play aswell.

PSN: philly_c_

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Count me in

PSN:waxandshine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

out of the country till friday, but if I'm not too late I'd love to join. User: colsku

colsku wrote: »
    out of the country till friday, but if I'm not too late I'd love to join. User: colsku

No problem as long as you realise its all manual settings we're playing... Planning to get this started over the Xmas period/first week in the New Year.. atm we should have around 8-10 players..

Ideally, seeing as this is a cup, you would want eight or sixteen players.

You could always make a league?

Ideally, seeing as this is a cup, you would want eight or sixteen players.

You could always make a league?

Well it is gonna be a league but theres gonna be a knockout cup (say top 4 facing off) at the end of it... But if we could get a couple more, maybe we could get two leagues going with the top teams in each group playing each other in the knockout stages... wel see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'd say splitting it into leagues of 4 with the top 2 progressing would be the best idea if possible. If you went for one big league, you might find the guys nearer the bottom would stop playing after 3 or 4 games if they were miles adrift.

Töpher wrote: »
    I'd say splitting it into leagues of 4 with the top 2 progressing would be the best idea if possible. If you went for one big league, you might find the guys nearer the bottom would stop playing after 3 or 4 games if they were miles adrift.

Agreed. Like L'prof's World Cup during the summer, but with four groups of four.

Töpher wrote: »

If we get 16 players, I agree with ya, thats the best option. However, I reckon 10-12 players is the maximum we're gonna get and we'll be left with odd numbers during knockout then. So splitting the leagues into 5/6 per league with top two in each facing off respectively to get a winner is probably the best route... However, if we do get the 16 players, we'll go with the 4 group champions league style cup;)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Fowler87 wrote: »
    If we get 16 players, I agree with ya, thats the best option. However, I reckon 10-12 players is the maximum we're gonna get and we'll be left with odd numbers during knockout then. So splitting the leagues into 5/6 per league with top two in each facing off respectively to get a winner is probably the best route... However, if we do get the 16 players, we'll go with the 4 group champions league style cup;)

Just say we only get the 12. Could we not have 4 groups of 3 with the top 2 progressing. That way we would have 8 players, then 4 and then the final?? Or am I miscounting? Maths was never my strong point:pac::P

Gillysome wrote: »
    Just say we only get the 12. Could we not have 4 groups of 3 with the top 2 progressing. That way we would have 8 players, then 4 and then the final?? Or am I miscounting? Maths was never my strong point:pac::P

Yea that would work too. 16 would be ideal though. I suggest playing everyone twice in the group stages also.

If we get 16 and do it champions league style, i think having a uefa cup type knock out for the bottom two teams of gthe groups would be good. It'd just mean even if you're not doing too well in the league you've still something to play for and it should stop people dropping out if they lose their first couple of group games.

• Advertisement

neil.p.b wrote: »
    If we get 16 and do it champions league style, i think having a uefa cup type knock out for the bottom two teams of gthe groups would be good. It'd just mean even if you're not doing too well in the league you've still something to play for and it should stop people dropping out if they lose their first couple of group games.

In theory, that is correct. However, this was tried in the Fifa 10 Knockout Tournaments, and there were a lot of unplayed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

I'd be up for that

PSN: BPK27

Lads just letting ye know that my PS3 has shat out over the weekend while playing fifa and wont read any disk now:( (only 2 years old... thank you Sony:rolleyes:)... So when the league starts, Il have to give it a miss cos I probably wont have my PS until the middle of January.

Still want to get this league up and running ASAP though and will help out the other two admins (Gillysome and T-b0n) if need be on any recording of results etc..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

ill enter tiernanmon_94 but iwont have fifa 11 till chrimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I'm in, PSN: emmetmcl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

I'm in: PSN:DHUSSEY1

4 more spaces left if we're doing it champions league style

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm in. PSN: fr_dick_byrne

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

im in,psn: sephiroth_dude,whens it taking place?

• Advertisement

im in,psn: sephiroth_dude,whens it taking place?

January some time, we will keep you posted.

Advertisement