Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FIFA 11 Manual Cup

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good stuff,better brush up on my skills so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

im in,psn: sephiroth_dude,whens it taking place?

Very soon all going well. Ideally we need two more heads but if not we'll work something. We should get started b4 new year anyway. I'll pm ye all a few days b4 we start.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

When is this starting?

Just start off the odd numbered groups if someone else doesn't sign up soon.

Right lads were not looking good for getting the numbers to do it champions league style. How do ye feel about the two leagues idea with the top 4 from each going thru to the ko stages? At least that way we'll all get a good run of games regardless of where we finish. 4.5 star teams or lower are winning the poll so we'll go with the majority. If ye want to start picking teams we can start to generate the leagues and fixtures. Pick 3 teams in order of preferance(4.5 star or lower). Pm ur picks to me or one of the other administrators and we'll get motoring. Should we say next Monday to start it? That way everyone has a days grace after the new year celebrations. I'll pm ye all just incase some people have forgotten they put their name in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gillysome wrote: »
    Right lads were not looking good for getting the numbers to do it champions league style. How do ye feel about the two leagues idea with the top 4 from each going thru to the ko stages? At least that way we'll all get a good run of games regardless of where we finish. 4.5 star teams or lower are winning the poll so we'll go with the majority. If ye want to start picking teams we can start to generate the leagues and fixtures. Pick 3 teams in order of preferance(4.5 star or lower). Pm ur picks to me or one of the other administrators and we'll get motoring. Should we say next Monday to start it? That way everyone has a days grace after the new year celebrations. I'll pm ye all just incase some people have forgotten they put their name in

Sounds good to me. I'm heading skiing from the 8th-16th of Jan (so is gillly09) Hopefully that doesn't call too many problems. We can try get a good few of our games played before we go, and the catch up asap once were back, hope thats alright. I'll pm you my teams now mate.

Forgot to say neil.p.b is also coming skiing with us. So thats the 3 of us out of action for a week, but as I said we can get a good lot of our games played before, and then catch up with anything we miss straight after, hope thats okay.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. I'm heading skiing from the 8th-16th of Jan (so is gillly09) Hopefully that doesn't call too many problems. We can try get a good few of our games played before we go, and the catch up asap once were back, hope thats alright. I'll pm you my teams now mate.

Forgot to say neil.p.b is also coming skiing with us. So thats the 3 of us out of action for a week, but as I said we can get a good lot of our games played before, and then catch up with anything we miss straight after, hope thats okay.

Thats 100% man. Ye can get yer fixtures in advance if ye want or just catch up after yer back. Sorry about the lack of info on this lately....between 1 thing and another i havnt been online much. Im gonna get cracking on the pm's now. All going well we should have a shape on things by the end of the week. I may get bk playing fifa too, havnt been on in a week:pac:

All pms sent now. Start adding each other on the psn and we should be good to go next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

If it's alright, I will be replacing Just Contribute in this tournament as he will not be able to complete his fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Gillysome I sent my teams.

If it's alright, I will be replacing Just Contribute in this tournament as he will not be able to complete his fixtures?

Yep no problem. You happy to go with his team pick or do you want to change it?

• Advertisement

Gillysome I sent my teams.

Just updating the teams now, think everyones picks are in. Post the list up shortly:D

Yep no problem. You happy to go with his team pick or do you want to change it?

I'm happy with his team, yeah.

Come on the Villa.

T-bon3................................................Tottenham Hotspurs
    Neil.p.b................................................Bayern Munich
    -gilly-09-..............................................Arsenal
    Topher.................................................Lyon
    Gillysome............................................Boca Juniors
    Just Contribute................................Sporting Club Braga
    Sephiroth Dude..................................Liverpool
    Bigred100............................................Athletico Madrid
    DH2K9.................................................Newcastle United
    Emmetmcel..........................................Celtic
    Colsku.................................................Hoffenheim
    Troutfisher.........................................Aston Villa
    Desire to aspire.....................................Valencia
    Shagnastii...........................................Still to pick
    Tiernanmul_gos.................................Still to Pick
    Philly C................................................Sunderland

Will you be using League Republic to organise the tournament?

Will you be using League Republic to organise the tournament?

yep fowler87 has it kind of set up already. He started the thread and put me and adam as admins. Fowlers playstation kicked the bucket since though:eek:

yep fowler87 has it kind of set up already. He started the thread and put me and adam as admins. Fowlers playstation kicked the bucket since though:eek:

Alright. When will the groups be decided? I'm itching to go... :pac:

Alright. When will the groups be decided? I'm itching to go... :pac:

Good question:pac: I actually miscounted on the number we had. There are 15 of us in it. odd number what ever way we do it:( I was favouring splitting into 2 leagues with 7 in each and the top 4 from each going to the ko stages. we could do it champions league style though with 4 groups of 4(1 with 3) and the top 2 go thru. I dont mind either way thou what ever way ye want it

Champions league sounds the best way.

I don't mind either way. If you like, I can get Just Contribute to play to make up the numbers?

• Advertisement

I don't mind either way. If you like, I can get Just Contribute to play to make up the numbers?

All the better if he can mate no hassle if not. I'll put all the names in a hat and draw out 2 leagues and 4 groups. Let all get back to see what way they want it and we'll work from there

Champions league sounds the best way.

Yeah it probably would end it alot quicker alright than a league basis. We'll c what everone else thinks and go with the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

I would defiantly back the Champions league format but either way is grand.

Just one question. Is it only the person who invites has to change the game settings to manual because I haven't played any of these boards competitions yet and would be a bit lost in setting up all the settings:( Cheers.

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Just one question. Is it only the person who invites has to change the game settings to manual because I haven't played any of these boards competitions yet and would be a bit lost in setting up all the settings:( Cheers.

No. Both players would have to change their own settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Definitely Champions league style if we get the numbers. Not sure about changing your setting ive only played a couple online matches in manual. But i think if you invite someone to a manual match both players are automatically on manual. Can anyone confirm this?

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Definitely Champions league style if we get the numbers. Not sure about changing your setting ive only played a couple online matches in manual. But i think if you invite someone to a manual match both players are automatically on manual. Can anyone confirm this?

Yea you can change it so thats its set to manual. This removes the controller settings so both players are stuck on all manual and can't change it.

We have sixteen now, yeah?

We have sixteen now, yeah?

If just contribute is playing then we have the 16 alright. Do you want to pick a new team so seeing as he had already picked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Looking forward to this now!

PS I am crap!

• Advertisement

Really glad we got the 16. Hopefully we don't have any drop outs. Really looking forward to this.

Advertisement