Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FIFA 11 Manual Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

He will be online tonight, and all weekend.

I'll be online later too, not sure if we've added each other yet, if not my PSN is waxandshine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

neil.p.b wrote: »
    I'll be online later too, not sure if we've added each other yet, if not my PSN is waxandshine

Friend request sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Gilly when are you around to play our game? Off this week so should be able to get on a good bit this week.

waxandshine.

When can you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Gilly, you around for a FIFA thrashing tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

waxandshine.

When can you play?

He's here now and said he'd be online tonight, before and after the united game.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    He's here now and said he'd be online tonight, before and after the united game.

Sure. Is ten alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

colsku wrote: »
    Gilly, you around for a FIFA thrashing tonight?

Should be online tnite mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Sure. Is ten alright?

He said he'll be on from about 9.30.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    He said he'll be on from about 9.30.

Okay, Just-Contribute will be on at around ten.

• Advertisement

Okay, Just-Contribute will be on at around ten.

He'll be online from now until later, so half-nine is fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

sephiroth_dude....accept my friend request!! I'm BPK27. I'll be on tonight after the United game probably for about 30 mins, if anyone is on I'll play if not. Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

tiernanmul_gos hasn't been on boards in about 10 days, and I've sent requests over the past few weeks to play via PSN when he's online with no response. If he contacts me then great, but otherwise I've given up on playing him to be honest.

Töpher wrote: »
    tiernanmul_gos hasn't been on boards in about 10 days, and I've sent requests over the past few weeks to play via PSN when he's online with no response. If he contacts me then great, but otherwise I've given up on playing him to be honest.

This right here, and Sephiroth never accepted my request

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

I hear ye barking lads. I've sent them both pms to let them know about the deadline. If neither play their games then their fixtures will go down as 3-0 losses. If they show up though it'll be all the better. Either way we'll be onto the ko stages next week

Not barking man, was just saying I was giving up on him (I'd actually forgotten that a deadline had been applied! :pac:).

Gilly about tonight?

Töpher wrote: »
    Not barking man, was just saying I was giving up on him (I'd actually forgotten that a deadline had been applied! :pac:).

Wasn't having a go bud just a bit of bogger language:D sepiroth dude replied earlier in the thread after the pms had been sent. Teirnanmul gos hasn't been seen since the sign up bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bigred100 wrote: »
    This right here, and Sephiroth never accepted my request

I never recieved a request from ya :O.Oh well doesn't matter now.

I never recieved a request from ya :O.Oh well doesn't matter now.

Fo' realz? I'll send it again, if technology was at fault surely we can play the games. You still could have sent one though....:pac:

• Advertisement

neil.p.b wrote: »

Sorry about that. Our grandad died Wednesday. You can take the six points, once it doesn't affect the outcome of the group.

Sorry about that. Our grandad died Wednesday. You can take the six points, once it doesn't affect the outcome of the group.

Sorry to hear that lads. Im going to update the tables now. I dont think that it effects the outcome of the group

The deadline for all league games to be played has passed. Ive just finished updating the league table(s) and the final standings are attached in the link below

http://boardsmanualcup.leaguerepublic.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=1563217&psSelectedDivision=8600366&psSelectedLeague=6554613

For the players that for what ever reason failed to play a game, their fixtures went down as 3-0 losses. With that in mind the games for the KO stages are:

Athletico Madrid (bigred100) v Valencia (Desire to Aspire)
    Boca Juniors (Gillysome) v Lyon (Topher)
    Spurs (TBon3) v Newcastle (DH2K9)
    Sunderland (Philly C) v Aston Villa (Troutfisher)

The quater finals and semis will be played over 2 legs. It would have been nice to use away goals but we cant really. If the scores are tied after the second game then it goes to extra time and then pens to decide the winner. I'll pm all involved in the ko stages now and ye can arrange your fixtures. Good luck to all:)

Gillysome wrote: »
    The quater finals and semis will be played over 2 legs. It would have been nice to use away goals but we cant really. If the scores are tied after the second game then it goes to extra time and then pens to decide the winner.

Would it not be better to just play a third game if the scores are level as there's a chance that the 2nd game mightn't be a draw so you'd have to start a new game up regardless if that happened.

Philly_C wrote: »
    Would it not be better to just play a third game if the scores are level as there's a chance that the 2nd game mightn't be a draw so you'd have to start a new game up regardless if that happened.

That's true:pac: i didn't really think that out too well.......... Yeah that's fine by me. Should we do the away goals then with the player that invites as the home side?

Gillysome wrote: »
    That's true:pac: i didn't really think that out too well.......... Yeah that's fine by me. Should we do the away goals then with the player that invites as the home side?

I think a replay would be fairer. It's not like the home team has any advantage in Fifa, as opposed to real football.

BPK27. You around tonight?

Atletico Madrid 0 - 0 Valencia.

A decent game. Even, though BPK had the better of the chances.

Atletico Madrid 1 - 1 Valencia.

I went behind after two minutes, and was desperately chasing an equaliser for the rest of the game. In the 85th minute, my frustration got the better of me, and Soldado was sent off for an off-the-ball tackle. A blessing in disguise, perhaps? Two minutes later, and up steps Albelda, smashing in a low pile-driver into the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

The best goal I had ever scored, considering it was on manual.

Atletico Madrid 0 - 1 Valencia.

Another even, but frustrating game. Shooting really is a bitch on manual. We took this to extra-time, and with just five minutes left, up steps Soldado to head the ball in for a dramatic winner.

Fabulous games mate! I'm looking forward to playing you again.

Lyon 1-1 boca juniors

Lyon 1-2 boca juniors

Enjoyed these games, results are a bit harsh on topher though. Both games were very similar and were end to end. Topher doing most the attacking and me dangerous on the counter. Lyon should have taken an early lead in the first but slotted wide from 6 yards with no keeper to beat. Boca took the lead through riquelme and Lyon equalised very soon after.

Second match was alot better. Lyon took the league when a shot hit the post hit the keeper and went in. Boca equalised through riquelme again. Good goal won it in the end through Palermo from about 25 yards. Good games bud well played

• Advertisement

Crackin' games against Gillysome tonight, though Lyon went out 3-2 on aggregate to Boca Juniors, but reminded me why I f'cking love manual FIFA, great fun altogether. The winning goal deserved to win any tie, fabulous strike on the half volley from distance at an awkward angle running away from goal.

Advertisement