Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To people who get the feeling of "being looked at", how would you describe it?

Options
  • 08-12-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

What sensation do you get when you think you are being looked at? Is it like when someone is looking at you in public and you turn sideways/around and see them, or something more subltle?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Do you mean sensing a presence around you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Yes. When people are talking about ghosts they sometimes describe the feeling of being watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

this can be attributed to electromagnetic radiation. I know of one place where people reported such things as feeling watched, feeling a presence etc etc and it ended up being nearby mobile phone masts that where pumping out a lot of emf

Also too much caffeine , can give this effect.

you can also add

red Bull Vodka

Taking acid

taking a certain type of mushroom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lack of sleep can do this too. I work nights and at around 3-4am, without fail I start seeing things in the corner of my eye and feeling very strongly that someone is watching me. If I do 2 nights in a row, I can't shake the feeling for days.

It's easy to rationalise when you're not feeling it, but it's a horrible feeling when you're wrecked tired and trying to convince yourself that there is nothing there. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

The power of suggestion has alot to do with it to imho, i was in the edinburgh vaults in june and definatly felt like i was being watched in places, tho before we went into the vaults we were told stories of people seeing and feelin things down there, so i put it doewn to my subconcious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I think the vaults have been shown to have a high radio waves or something :p (Im not really up on the science of these things!! ) I just remember seeing it a few years ago on one of those paranormal tv shows.

As i say not sure how that stuff works, but could it apply where someone has had the the feeling on and off in the same place? If the person doesn't always feel it? Or it is that some people are more sensitive to sensing these radiation/waves (really dont know official terms)

I worked nights for 2 years and it can play with your head,for sure. I was always thinking I seen things on the cameras and out of the blue getting weird feelings like I was being watched. It was a lack of sleep combined with all the priming of 'scary stuff happens at night' :D

Advertisement