Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite apps and themes for your jailbroken iPhone?

• 08-12-2010 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

List them here boys and girls :D

I only jailbroke my phone yesterday and I'm very underwhelmed so far, so im looking for your favourite apps and themes to impress me!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Glasklart is an excellent theme with lots of add-ons and stuff, so wholly recommend that. Rarely used anything else theme-wise, so that's all I've got. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

2189568405c1003315b0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Glasklart.jpg

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone find their themes are not working with the jb 4.2?

Themes are only a small part of jailbreak..why exactly did you jb?
    Apps I highly recommend are sbrotator and scrolling board.
    Scrollingboard allows you to scroll dock icons much like the pages on the main screen. SBRotator allows you to put your whole iphone into landscape mode etc...really nice looking.

Capture.jpg

Other essential apps are lockinfo which allows you visual assces to your mail/sms/twitter/calendar/weather without having to unlock the phone.

lockinfo1.0.1132.PNG

All of these apps you have to pay for in cydia..about $1.99 each...but well worth it imo.

Other apps such as tvmirrorout which allows you to output your iphone screen and any apps to your tv once you use a component/composite cable.
    I use it to watch sky sports on my tv..only costs me €7 a month on the iphone.

Another app is scrollingfolders..basically this overwrites the set amount of icons with a folder (12) and makes it unlimited....again an excellent app.

One more :) aptbackup..this backups up what apps you have installed on cydia so when you update you don't lose them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Other apps such as tvmirrorout which allows you to output your iphone screen and any apps to your tv once you use a component/composite cable.
    I use it to watch sky sports on my tv..only costs me €7 a month on the iphone.

Where did you buy the component/composite cable?

I've a 3GS running 4.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I wouldnt have that many apps from jailbreaking so to speak (apart from that which must not be named on this forum), the main thing i've got from JB is just great little tweaks to the system

TVMirrorout with Sky Player- Sky sports on my tv for €7, excellent

Infinifolders - No limit for number of apps in a folder

Folderenhancer - Create subfolders within folders

Five Icon Dock - More icons on your dock (there's now an infinite dock)

Mxtube - save youtube vids

SBSettings - Fantastic little panel that comes down when you slide across the status bar, gives you direct access to turn on/off wifi, 3g, airplane mode, and pretty much whatever you want

3g Unrestrictor - unrestrict apps that normally need to be connected to wifi to use, eg Facetime

Locktopus - password protect apps

Cydelete - Handy for deleting anything installed from cydia directly from the springboard

I've a 3GS running 4.1

I bought mine in Harvey Norman's I think...you can get some third party cables for about €15 but some of them don't work...
    google to check the recommended cables for tvmirrorout.
    Better off getting the composite cable especially if you travel a lot as in most hotels you have access to the composite ports which are normally on the side of the tv rather than the component which are on the back,

Another app I forgot was SBsettings...extremely handy as it allows you access to functions hidden away within settings like bluetooth/wifi etc with one swipe of your finger...RemoveBG is a plugin for it which allows you to kill all background apps with one push...extremely handy :)

I've a 3GS running 4.1

I got mine on ebay for 12e delivered, works a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

A cool utility is FakeCarrier. Allows you to change Vodafone IE etc to whatever you want.

I will also confirm the above about LockScreen, it's well worth the purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

The essentials:

BiteSMS
    Highly enhanced, customisable SMS client. I would honestly jailbreak my iPhone for the sole purpose of using this app! Features here.

14(ish) day free trial, then $6.99. If you don't want to pay the $6.99 after the free trial ends, you don't have to but there will be ads.

FolderEnhancer
    Enhanced folders, breaks the limit of 12 apps per folder.
    Allows pages in folders.
    Subfolders.
    See video here for more info

$2.49

SBSettings
    Simply swipe the status bar and down pops a menu with common toggles such as WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, 3G, Brightness etc etc. Gives the ability to access these settings from within any app. Theme-able and alot of new toggles for various other apps are available in cydia.

Free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the tips so far lads, keep them coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Suave
    3882938831_d428808bbe.jpg

iBox carbon
    bestcydiathemesforiphone.png

Alit
    p-480-320-de3fe318-4181-49ab-8dc5-406d15c716ed.jpeg

Mac UI

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Snaptap - uses the volume buttons to take pics and video rather than the button on the screen.

Graviboard - Nice tweak for the springboard, makes the app icons float all over the place, looks nice!

Barrel - another one for the springboard, makes the pages appear to be inside or outside a cube as you scroll through them.

Fastcopy - improves the copy and paste feature on the iphone by taking away the annoying delay and sometimes slow response.

List launcher - Gives a scrolling list of every app in spotlight alphabetically.

Pull To Refresh Mail - pull to refresh your emails.

Volume Boost ios4 - boost the volume though it makes listening to music through headphones very loud indeed.

All of the above are on Cydia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

1. LockInfo
    2. FolderEnhancer
    3. WinterBoard
    4. GraviBoard
    5. Activator
    6. CyDelete
    7. Disable Multitasking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Many of the apps I use on my jailbroken phone have already been mentioned but here is my current theme:

Springboard:
    img0160l.png

SBSettings:
    img0161k.png

Dialler:
    img0164.png

Keyboard:
    img0163.png

Many of the apps I use on my jailbroken phone have already been mentioned but here is my current theme:

Springboard:

SBSettings:

Dialler:

Keyboard:

Whats the name of that theme? I like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Hey is there any way I could get just your keyboard theme from above....looks nice and simple tbh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just bumping this, looking for more of your favourite apps and themes on your jailbroken iphone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭pah

Bitesms absolutely great!

5514555872_77362a6aa3.jpg

5513181347_0aa296a523.jpg

This is my theme, Buuf infinity HD

Cylay track your phone online or from another idevice, locate via gps retrieve call logs, send mags and take photo from camera remotely, $20usd a year for 2 devices, cheaper than MobileMe by a country mile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Winterboard - Definitely a must for any custom themes.

5 Column Springboard/Dock - Does exactly what it says, I find it to be perfect, not too squashed. There is a 7x7 grid available but to be honest it's just too cramped, you can't see what's going on.

SBSettings - Surprised this isn't an integrated feature on iOS already. Swipe the top bar and you get access to WiFi toggle, brightness, process manager, restart the phone, and anything else you want to add in there.

Activator is also a great one, you can set custom voice commands to do anything, open webpages, open apps, do certain functions, or use an action like shaking the phone or hitting a volume button and assign them to certain commands. Brilliant for the voice commands alone.

mossyhayes wrote: »
    *SNIP*

Not allowed to discuss that here ;)

FakeClockUp - from cydia. Speeds up loading animations for apps and as a result the phone runs ridiculously faster. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

maximoose wrote: »
    Not allowed to discuss that here ;)

FakeClockUp - from cydia. Speeds up loading animations for apps and as a result the phone runs ridiculously faster. Love it.

Replied to Vinny on this as i received a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I recently took the plunge on LockInfo and I have to say, I think it's fantastic. For the price of a pint, it just saves you so much time every day.

Do yourselves a favour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

This is the theme I use, called G.O.C. HD
    001_3.png

001_2_2.png

I like the android style unlocking so downloaded "androidlock xt", for anyone unfamiliar with it, you have to swipe your finger in a certain way over the 9 circles to unlock the phone:
    002_2.png

Some of the apps i like are:
    1. sbsettings - mentioned above loads, very handy, especially the remove background apps add on
    2. five icon dock
    3. iphonedelivery - delivery reports for sms
    4. roundcorners - you can see this if you look at above screenshots, gives the corners of the screen a rounded shape, looks well on the phone
    5. fake operator - change your carrier logo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

just wondering if there is an app for the following:

When you unlock an Iphone 4, you know the way the apps sort of roll into position? Would love that, simple I know but looks way better :D

Anyone know a tweak or app for that???

This thread is really dead!!!!

Anymore good jailbroken apps???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Springtomize is quite a good one, lots of little tweaks in the one app, such as fake carrier, tv screenlock(turns the screen off like and old tube tv, majorly cool!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

If you have a WiFi only iPad and an iPhone then MyWi on Demand is essential!

Lets your iPad automatically (via bluetooth - thus reducing battery consumption versus wifi) use your iPhone's internet connection - only when it needs it and when it is not connected to a WiFi network.

E.g. You are out-and-about with your iPad and have your iPhone in your pocket. You want to go online and would rather use the larger iPad display. Just unlock your iPad and open safari; MyWi detects that you want to go online and automatically pairs you to your iPhone. You don't even need to take it out of your pocket - it'll just connect you when needed and then disconnect when you're done.

So handy!

• Advertisement

This qustion is kind of apps related, not sure if I will be killed or not for posting it here!!

I got a fair amout of those Cydia apps mentioned in this thread & when I went to sync I noticed my 'other stuff' is up to about 2GB!!!

Is there any way of seeing your Cydia apps and how much space they are taking up and what not?

Advertisement