Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite apps and themes for your jailbroken iPhone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Is there an app to change app icons & names? Something available on Cydia maybe????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Is there an app to change app icons & names? Something available on Cydia maybe????

Winterboard and dreamboars allow you to theme your phone. Ifile is a browser got the phones file system. All icons can be changed by copy and pasting an image over the correct app image. Names can be manually changed this way too.
    I don't use winterboard or dreamboars myself as I find they use a lot of ram and i am paranoid about their battery usage so I've themed my springboard by altering the file system. Use google for step by step guides. Sinfuliphone.com is a great site. Am I allowed say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is there any tweak that allows one to watch buffered movies on apps nle. 4oD rte player or tv3 Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wow this thread went really dead!

Anyhow I just jailbroke my iphone 4 (I was bored of it) and was wondering what new tweeks and apps are out there these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

1. BiteSMS
    2. WinterBoard
    3. PasswordPilot
    4. FullScreen for Safari
    5. AskToCall
    6. Activator
    7. CyDelete
    8. FolderEnhancer
    9. Five Icon Switcher
    10. Slider Pro
    11. Zeppelin

As you can see, I use a lot of tweaks/apps from Cydia. :D

And here's my homescreen: (theme - inPulse)

Photo%2017-09-2012%2015%2059%2019.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

IntelliscreenX

MyWi (Essential for tethering)

Cyntact (Adds photos to contacts)

Sparrow+ (Push for Sparrow Mail, not an app itself, but I bought Sparrow a while ago and changed from the native Mail app as soon I could activate Push)

My3G

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I've downloaded a few of these things from cydia but how do I get them to work on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

cococoady wrote: »
    I've downloaded a few of these things from cydia but how do I get them to work on the phone?

You don't mention any app specifically and they all work a little differently so it's hard to answer that. Jailbreak apps take a little bit of configuration but it isn't difficult. The best idea is to search YouTube for tutorials on specific apps. Usually the first part of the video will focus on how to download it and the second part will help with config.

Advertisement