Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OP, I agree with you on the basic principle of using a bidet after going to the toilet. Washing is 100 times cleaner than rubbing some crappy paper (pun entirely intended) around your ass. Some futurologists predict that toilet paper will not be used within the next 100 years. The Japanese are already using some pretty advanced toilets to eliminate the need for paper.

But since we are in Ireland, I still think the need for paper exists, when not at home anyway. There are no real alternatives to using paper at work, restaurants etc. Using baby wipes is much the same as normal paper in an environmental sense. Plus they block up toilets frequently. But using them to "polish" post wipe is good practice!

Not sure why people feel the need to laugh at somebody who is a bit cleaner than most people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I agree with the no shampoo thing - if you manage to survive the few weeks of greasy stuff while the hair repairs itself from shampoo damage then you will have the healthiest looking hair thereafter, and a simple wash with water once a week and no more is all that is needed to keep your hair in great condition.

The no bog roll thing - dry wipe - wet wipe - dry wipe routine works for me, also including the daily arse cleansing as the final act of the morning shower.

I had better let the missus know to watch out as the last thing that I wash in the shower using the sponge and the first thing she washes......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

Ironic, seeing as you usually are.

Stop being a dick ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Have you thought about all of the water you're wasting though?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The clean shiny bum doesn't cancel out the unwashed hair. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Stop being a dick ffs

Did someone make you a Mod or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

kjl wrote: »
    yeah, I don't eat the ****.
    You hope. Just don't forget to scrub under your nails, around your nails and remove any jewelry before washing. Watch out that you've no cuts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

amdublin wrote: »
    This is the vilest thread ever.

Bollix this is the sort of thread AH needs more of In fact I reckon we should petition the Mods to make it a Sticky :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

emmetmcl wrote: »
    Have you thought about all of the water you're wasting though?

It takes 37 gallons of water to make one roll of toilet paper, I think I am using less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The cleaning process begins with hot water being jetted into my anus.
    Pics?

Lol hard at the captain!!!

• Advertisement

It takes 37 gallons of water to make one roll of toilet paper, I think I am using less than that.

Will you please stop Googling tree hugging sites to pull your information from.

No modern factory would use that much amount of water to make a roll of bog paper.

Not even close.

And most of the water they use is then recycled.

Or are you going to try & tell us again that some types of water cannot be recycled?

Go on.. for the laugh.

How much water does your bidet use per use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

Did someone make you a Mod or something?

No. Why? Just calling it like i see it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

Although, the roll of paper lasts through many toilet uses. So if you add up all the water you use each time you rinse out your bum there's probably not much of a difference. Water is very easily recycled though so it's not considered wasting as such.

Again I'm not hounding you just making a point.

Will you please stop Googling tree hugging sites to pull your information from.

No modern factory would use that much amount of water to make a roll of bog paper.

Not even close.

And most of the water they use is then recycled.

Or are you going to try & tell us again that some types of water cannot be recycled?

Go on.. for the laugh.

I think it is fairly exaggerated but paper production does in fact use a lot of water oddly enough

tricks wrote: »
    Although, the roll of paper lasts through many toilet uses. So if you add up all the water you use each time you rinse out your bum there's probably not much of a difference. Water is very easily recycled though so it's not considered wasting as such.
    Just done some quick sums: 1 roll of toilet paper has about 250 sheets. Assuming 3 sheets per use that's about 2 litres per bum wipe, which is probably less than a bidet would use, but we'll need jkl to give us an accurate reading of how much water he uses when washing his bum. Of course a bidet will also have to heat the water too, which the bog roll factory won't need to do, which will save electricity and help save the planet.

kylith wrote: »
    Just done some quick sums: 1 roll of toilet paper has about 250 sheets. Assuming 3 sheets per use that's about 2 litres per bum wipe, which is probably less than a bidet would use, but we'll need jkl to give us an accurate reading of how much water he uses when washing his bum. Of course a bidet will also have to heat the water too, which the bog roll factory won't need to do, which will save electricity and help save the planet.

Also need to factor in the extra water used to wash his hands, which would - or at least should - be more than the average hand wash after a normal person drops a log.

I think it is fairly exaggerated but paper production does in fact use a lot of water oddly enough

True. But most modern plants have zero effluent discharge, meaning that they recycle all the water they use.

I use about 10

It's just so soft!! :P

Plus he washes his bum AND flushes the toilet so it's twice as much

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

This thread has turned out to be very informative! Are ye taking the ply of the paper into account in the calculations? ;)

• Advertisement

Also need to factor in the extra water used to wash his hands, which would - or at least should - be more than the average hand wash after a normal person drops a log.

Forgot about that
    True. But most modern plants have zero effluent discharge, meaning that they recycle all the water they use.

I went to the waste-water treatment plant in Ringsend for a college trip last week so this aspect of the conversation is great fun for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

This has already been addresses, see page 8

You posted this on page 7? How many posts/page do you use so I can decipher?

I use about 10

It's just so soft!! :P
    Shocking extavegance :eek:
    This thread has turned out to be very informative! Are ye taking the ply of the paper into account in the calculations? ;)
    Well, most toilet paper is 2 ply. You'd probably only need 2 sheets if it was 3 ply, so that'd be 125 wipes instead of 80.

Shocking extavegance :eek:

But it is SO SO SOFT. My mammy buys lovely toilet paper.

I use minimum 3 ply paper - virgin paper.. none of that recycled muck - then fold a good load of sheets around each other, 3 times, to get a nice comfort zone of around 9 plys.

So whatever the OP is saving in toilet paper, I am more than making up for it.

But it is SO SO SOFT. My mammy buys lovely toilet paper.
    My mammy enforced a strict 2 sheets only rule. To this day I get an illicit thrill using 3 sheets.

My mammy enforced a strict 2 sheets only rule. To this day I get an illicit thrill using 3 sheets.

:eek:

Does she watch you pooing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Really? That is absolute bullsh*t. Read something on rates of deforestation please. They do replant tree's in some places but it is nowhere near the amount needed and it takes a long long time for a tree to grow, within which millions more will have been cut down. Yes eventually the trees will grow, but by then there will be only a fraction remaining.

No I'm not an arse-washing recycling obsessed eco maniac, I'm just stating your facts are wrong

Like any crop, growers try to plant enough to meet demand, demand is falling due to recycling and people not wipeing their bums. If demand for wood products ceased completely, we'd only have enough trees planted for ormamental/landscaping purposes.

• Advertisement

Does she watch you pooing :eek:
    No, thankfully, but by gods did she go mental if the bog roll ran out too quick.

Advertisement