Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Eeeeeeew.........

I have a feeling a girl isn't in the picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kjl wrote: »
    The sh!tty water would need to be treated regardless, does your rudimentary understanding understand that you don't want to be drinking sh!t water?

It seems that you have a rudimentary understanding of sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

I hear this argument all the time, about trees being replanted. The fact that you are clearly forgetting about it that it takes a very long time for trees to regrow, somewhere upwards of 20 years. While they may farm some trees, I'm afraid I will need to see a source that says 99.99%, which no offence seems like a made up statistic.

Also you refer to water treatment plants, yes they can purify the water, nobody said they couldn't anyone with a basic understanding of chemistry should know all they have to do is boil it off, but do you understand that that take energy. If less people used shampoo then less energy is spend in the water treatment. Multiply that globally and you DO have a significant amount of environmental damage.

But I'm sure your one of those people who don't believe in global warming because of the cold weather we are having now.

And, it's still not ironic.

Yeah your right, the statistic is probably 100%. There is no shortage of trees in the world. If there was, the farmers in Ireland would be jumping on the skyrocketing paper prices bandwagon and planting trees.

You clearly know nothing about wastewater engineering. It is a mechanical/biological process that can pretty much run itself. No boiling whatsoever. The Wastewater plant in Ringsend for example produces its own gas (generates 3MW of power). Other byproducts such as sludge can be sold off as fertilizer.

mgmt wrote: »
    Yeah your right, the statistic is probably 100%. There is no shortage of trees in the world. If there was, the farmers in Ireland would be jumping on the skyrocketing paper prices bandwagon and planting trees.

You clearly know nothing about wastewater engineering. It is a mechanical/biological process that can pretty much run itself. No boiling whatsoever. The Wastewater plant in Ringsend for example produces its own gas (generates 3MW of power). Other byproducts such as sludge can be sold off as fertilizer.

So, he's wrong about the trees, wrong about the waste water treatment process & wrong about... something else... oh yes, the irony of it all.

I love it.

Rudimentary lesson learned, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bet u have awful willnots op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I too am not a lover of paper,I've been using wet wipes so long now normal bog roll fells like sand paper to my delicate self.Have to say washing seems like too much effort,I assume you need to remove the strides before the wash,other wise the rinse would leave you soaking. Please elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Eeeeeeew.........

I have a feeling a girl isn't in the picture...
    Or if the OP is gay no loving in the dirty bum!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

OK, even if I admit that I am wrong about the tree thing, which in fairness overwhelming evidence. The transport the toilet paper from the manufacture to the shops and then to your house would have an impact. The actual production of the stuff would impact the environment. So if everyone stopped using it, globally it would make a huge difference.

bidet's dont just grow on trees! they have to be manufactured too!!!

and they dont have legs to just walk to your bathroom, they also need to be transported! you have not thought this through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

Thanks bidet god.

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

So, he's wrong about the trees, wrong about the waste water treatment process & wrong about... something else... oh yes, the irony of it all.

I love it.

Rudimentary lesson learned, methinks.
    kjl wrote:
    So maybe if we all did this it would help save the environment.

you see the word maybe, perhaps you should look that up too.

I'm sorry if you feel that I was mocking you about your understanding of the word ironic. People of lesser intelligence always feel threatened when they are made a fool of. Perhaps my argument about trees and water were incorrect, which in fairness we still don't know for sure. I would love to see some proof about the eco-friendly nature of water treatment plants.

but the fact does not change that you didn't use the word irony correctly, and trying to piggyback your point onto other peoples posts simple shows me that you are incapable of creating your own argument.

Oh and just a final point on my communication to you, even if I am incorrect about it helping the environment, which fyi I never actually said, it's still not ironic so maybe you should go back and have a look at your 1st year English book and try to educate yourself a little more before constantly berating me with your waffle.

• Advertisement

flas wrote: »
    bidet's dont just grow on trees! they have to be manufactured too!!!

and they dont have legs to just walk to your bathroom, they also need to be transported! you have not thought this through!

Well, you can always use the bath tub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Why do people find not using toilet paper disgusting? In many countries around the world people choose to clean their arses with soap and water which to my mind would leave you much cleaner. With toilet paper all your doing is smearing crap off your backside, it doesn't clean you it just gets rid of the large chunks of crap stuck to your stovepipe.
    If you want to use paper just wipe with dry paper first and then repeat with some wet paper to make sure your clean.

:looks at username:

this man probably knows what he's talking about
    listen people, listen.

dubtom wrote: »
    I too am not a lover of paper,I've been using wet wipes so long now normal bog roll fells like sand paper to my delicate self.Have to say washing seems like too much effort,I assume you need to remove the strides before the wash,other wise the rinse would leave you soaking. Please elaborate.

Dido, that's how it started for me, but I used to run out of baby wipes all the time and have to resort back to paper. I felt I never really got properly clean with paper so I would wash at the end. This naturally lead to just skipping the paper stage completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

There's a certain irony to this story.

The OP thinks that by not wiping his arse with toilet paper, that he's gonna save the environment, yet washes his hole with soap & water.

Now either I'm missing something, or that doesn't quite balance out the way he thinks it does!

Im not sure which is worse, this contradiction, or the fact you took the time to research the arguement :pac:

I'm sorry if you feel that I was mocking you about your understanding of the word ironic. People of lesser intelligence always feel threatened when they are made a fool of. Perhaps my argument about trees and water were incorrect, which in fairness we still don't know for sure. I would love to see some proof about the eco-friendly nature of water treatment plants.

but the fact does not change that you didn't use the word irony correctly, and trying to piggyback your point onto other peoples posts simple shows me that you are incapable of creating your own argument.

Oh and just a final point on my communication to you, even if I am incorrect about it helping the environment, which fyi I never actually said, it's still not ironic so maybe you should go back and have a look at your 1st year English book and try to educate yourself a little more before constantly berating me with your waffle.

You should take your own advice then. Research things YOURSELF. Don't take the GreenPeace version all the time. You might end up doing something stupid:rolleyes:.

mgmt wrote: »
    You should take your own advice then. Research things YOURSELF. Don't take the GreenPeace version all the time. You might end up doing something stupid:rolleyes:.

Look, I am in no way an expert of water treatment, but I am also not an advocate for green peace. Dude, I don't even recycle :)

Truth is, I do both these things for comfort. Saying it could help the environment was just a possible side effect, not a reason for doing it.

When I stopped using shampoo, my hair gain so much life and was no longer dull looking, I now only have to use a tiny bit of gel to shape it, where as before I needed loads. It 100% has saved me money and everyone says it looks much better.

With regard to not using toilet paper, I too feel it is a little gross, but I genuinely feel cleaner after doing it. I couldn't be too crazy, like the bidet was invented for just such a purpose. In Japan, they do this all the time, sure have you never seen a Japanese toilet?

I never once stated that I did this to save the environment, but I have researched it before and this was one of the premises that others have argued.

Fine. Continue on then.

Oh btw,

just did a little more research there.

In just America they use 34,000,000 rolls of toilet paper a day, which to produce uses 255,000,000 gallons of water, 88,000,000 pounds of green house gas's and 161,000,000 KWh of energy.

They are pretty shocking figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I have a pretty healthy diet myself, I don't have a bidet but it would suit me much better as I use very little toilet paper.

I can vouch for the no-shampoo rule, people tend to put their hair under too much stress what with washing it at too high a temperature, blow drying and whatnot, the less you do to it the better IMO, healthy hair starts from the root. Any chance of some photos of the hair OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

you're not wiping your arse properly..

i am in shock.. but fcuk me i'm lol'in hard :D

I thought i was the only one that thinks this is hilarious....phew !!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

OutlawPete wrote: »
    When you when young, someone shoved a shampoo bottle up your bum.

#A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
    And all the birds in the trees
    Well they'd be singing so happily
    Joyfully, oh playfully watching me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Late entry for thread of the year.

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    He does give off that unwashed, hobo air, but to be honest I wouldn't feel too good about that comparison unless you're looking to attract twelve year old girls that want you to sneak into their room to watch them sleep.

Don't believe for a second that a woman with her own line of hair extensions doesn't wash her hair. Or have it washed for her by an army of stylists. Frequently.

:confused:

Anyway, you might have nice hair, good for you, but I don't think you'll find many people agreeing that having dirty hair is something they might be into. And yes, maybe your hair "regulated" itself after a number of months, but seriously, your scalp and hair must have felt absolutely disgusting until it did.

http://blogs.hairboutique.com/index.php/2010/07/06/is-no-poo-politically-correct/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OutlawPete wrote: »
    You don't like shampoo?

You think wiping after a poo is a sham?

I think I see the problem.

When you when young, someone shoved a shampoo bottle up your bum.

from experience that would make you like it more :pac:

this thread is why I read boards, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The only people truly qualified to judge this thread are the rimmers, for only they are close enough to the situation. I am not among them, FWIW.

You should read your posts again. You're the only one here that's coming across as defensive.

I've been sitting here laughing at you. You don't wipe your arse or wash your hair & have been trying to back it up with a nonsense argument about "saving the trees" and all the while, telling anyone who disagrees with you that they don't understand basic chemistry.

You even claimed that some types of waste water "cannot be recycled".

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

And yet, you continue to tell people to "educate" themselves & to go look up dictionaries, or go back to school.

Dude, if you don't see the irony in that, I really can't do anything for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Your hair regulates the oils after not washing for a certain amount of time but you will still collect atmospheric dirt. so no, your hair is not cleaner.

And seriously dude. wipe your arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Are you single? You have to be, apart from the whole ar$e washing thing sounding completely mad. :eek: Not washing your hair at all is just manky! I’ve spoken to a few people who do this and they always say "my hair is back to its natural state, it doesn't smell, honest", when in reality they smell like wet mouldy dog! I think you’ve just gotten used to the smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

wrongun

i hope u drink guiness and are covered in scutter

Advertisement