Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    You have justified your hygiene habits by saying it's kinder to the environment, uses less trees, the Japanese do it, it makes your hair only gorgeous. You've had every one of these points debunked. Tell the truth, you only did it because you're either too cheap to continue buying what most people in this country believe to be hygiene necessities, or you just weren't arsed.

Excuse me, the only thing I said that was debunked was about the trees, my initial statement was about the environment and actually I proved myself correct there. Check out page 8 of this thread, the production of toilet paper DOES impact the environment and chemicals from water treatment plants "are posing a risk to sea life, plants as well as people's health."

I am only trying to debunk the myth that they are necessities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

OP still havent responded to my hand cleansing issues. I think it is very important to the discussion

listermint wrote: »
    OP still havent responded to my hand cleansing issues. I think it is very important to the discussion

Right, I don't announce to everyone I meet that I don't use toilet paper, but I use my left hand to clean and the wash with antibacterial soap. I'm sure there are a few mothers out there who's baby pooh has ended up on their hand, do they have to tell everyone they meet this fact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Originally Posted by kjl
    you know this joke has been made like 4 times already, here's a thought, why don't you read the thread before making a stupid comment.
    heres a thought why dont you stop being an angry dirty person

Heres another thought. Put rice crispies into the threads of your tyres for that posh gravel driveway sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That would be a resounding "No".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

kjl wrote: »
    Excuse me, the only thing I said that was debunked was about the trees, my initial statement was about the environment and actually I proved myself correct there. Check out page 8 of this thread, the production of toilet paper DOES impact the environment and chemicals from water treatment plants "are posing a risk to sea life, plants as well as people's health."
    These are the chemicals they'll have to use anyway to clean up water full of raw sewage regardless of whether or not you use bog roll, yeah? Well done, you've made bugger all difference to the environment. Why not start pooing in a hole in your garden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Oh btw,

just did a little more research there.

In just America they use 34,000,000 rolls of toilet paper a day, which to produce uses 255,000,000 gallons of water, 88,000,000 pounds of green house gas's and 161,000,000 KWh of energy.

They are pretty shocking figures.

Indeed, how would you flush that much into one toilet each day!
    I think that person who uses that much loo roll should see a doctor though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I am only trying to debunk the myth that they are necessities.

Excuse yourself.

They are necessities to most people who have posted in this thread. This doesn't make their use of them "mythical". You've been preaching about a lack of open-mindedness, perhaps you should adopt that very same approach yourself and you might not have received such a harsh reaction.

You're not better than anyone else just because you don't use loo roll or shampoo. As another poster has said it's possibly not you who stinks, but your attitude certainly doesn't smell like roses.

EDIT: And just because you say only one element of your argument was debunked, doesn't mean the rest of them weren't too. You don't have to announce it to make it so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Sykk wrote: »

lol, was this before or after the south park episode?

• Advertisement

Mr Marston wrote: »
    . What do people think when they're on the continent and they see a bidet? Have people here assumed incorrectly and defacated/urinated in bidets or something?

Anybody with an ounce of cop on realises what bidet's are for. Washing after you have wiped first.

Op you are nothing short of rank, not washing your hair with something is bad enough but messing around handling heaps of your s**te is delusional. Id be concerned for your mental heath tbh.

Using toilet paper is not a luxury and tbh I'm not too bothered about the environment when it comes to essentials like toilet paper and shampoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Because I am being made out to be some sort of dirty knacker here, which if you were to meet me you would see I am clearly not.

What I do is an alternative, I'm not crazy, but I have to defend myself against people saying that I clearly must not have a girlfriend because I do this. I am simply making my argument for doing this.

Yes there is toilet paper in the picture, but this is most likely for the westerners who wouldn't use the bidet option.
    At least you know now never to bring it up in conversation in real life. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Is anybody else finding it weird that so many people have so much shít on their ass after a poo? I use toilet paper, btw, I'm just saying when I wipe I don't get massive clumps of crap on the bog roll. Surely I can't be the only one??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

To be fair, washing with soap & water probably feels a lot cleaner than using paper, a lot less convenient though.

I've heard the hair washing thing before, but my hair gets greasy very quickly :( Usually wash it every day.

Baby wipes are the perfect happy medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Right, I don't announce to everyone I meet that I don't use toilet paper, but I use my left hand to clean and the wash with antibacterial soap. I'm sure there are a few mothers out there who's baby pooh has ended up on their hand, do they have to tell everyone they meet this fact?
    Have you been to Japan before? Their toilets often look like something from the Space Shuttle - there's a load of buttons, one of which switches on a jet of warm water aimed directly at your anus. I pressed it out of curiosity and got a bit of a shock :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Baby wipes are the perfect happy medium
    True, I do use them if required :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I suppose the OP will save water by not needing to wash his hands afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

What does eveybody do if they are out of toilet paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

My mother is a fiend for buying toilet paper, so the issue would never arise at home! In college, we always get toilet paper when we see that we're down to the last few rolls (taking my mother's ways:rolleyes:) and if there were no toilet paper in a cubicle in a public toilet, I'd either find another one, or not go!

(I'm a woman, and I have a "thing" about not doing no 2s in a public toilet anyway, always have! Will try to avoid it if at all possible;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Hamster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    My mother is a fiend for buying toilet paper, so the issue would never arise at home! In college, we always get toilet paper when we see that we're down to the last few rolls (taking my mother's ways:rolleyes:) and if there were no toilet paper in a cubicle in a public toilet, I'd either find another one, or not go!

(I'm a woman, and I have a "thing" about not doing no 2s in a public toilet anyway, always have! Will try to avoid it if at all possible;))

Yeah, the only time it was ever really an issue was on my J1. "Not go" was often not an option due to excessive alcohol intake the previous night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

showercurtain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

heres a thought why dont you stop being an angry dirty person

You'd be angry too if your hair looked like you'd just washed it with the contents of your deep fat fryer and your hand smelled like you'd been fisting George Michael all day!
    Op, go and bleach your filthy paws at once, get yourself a bottle of pantene and stop being so god damn cheap.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm kinda amazed at how many people claim what the OP does is dirty. Have any of you been outside of Ireland/Benidorm????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

I'm kinda amazed at how many people claim what the OP does is dirty. Have any of you been outside of Ireland/Benidorm????

What's funny is , what the op does is actually more hygenic than just using dry toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

What's funny is , what the op does is actually more hygenic than just using dry toilet paper.

Use water, and your bare (left) hand. Wash your hand afterwards.

Water cleans your ass better than paper. It is the paper-users who are deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I just saw the tags on this thread, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

AntiMatter wrote: »

That is just the brain altering fecal parasites talking:

"Go on, relax, use your hand, kick back, make a sandwich..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

no i wash my hair with toilet paper and clean my arse with shampoo :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

AntiMatter wrote: »

Its the water cleaning hand shakers that are deluded.

You'd need a hell of a lot more than soap to clean poop from your hand. And tbh from the OPs posts on expense of shampoo and what not i doubt he uses antbacterial anything down to cost.

ah sure the oul bar a soap will clean me pooper scoopers

Advertisement