Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

kjl wrote: »
    Listen buddy, Im not sure what kind of radioactive feces you have, but if 20 min of washing your hands doesnt remove the smell I would seriously recommend you see a GP or something.

You know as a user posted above, your hair only smell like it naturally should. If you are concerned about odour, which in fairness must vary from person to person because nobody would describe me a smelly, you can always use essential oils to fragrance you hair. Fact of the matter is you have just been brainwashed by shampoo companies to make you think you need to do it all the time.
    i think i've figured out why you're like this. your nose obviously doesn't work. if it did you'd know you DO have sh1tty smelling hands and stinky hair. :rolleyes:

the only way your hair smells like it naturally should is if your hair is actually meant to smell like crap. i get that you are used to the smell, but that doesn't give you the right to force other people to have to endure it because you're a dirty soap dodger.

it's like someone having bad breath. its very unusual that the people around them will be frank enough to tell them that they stink, even though they do. stop kidding yourself and just clean yourself properly like a normal person ffs and stop being so god damn stingy.
    that's why you need to wash your hands with hot water and soup a few times,and don't tell me that hot water and soap won't get rid of all the bacteria and smell because it will
    its not bad enough that we have mr poopy fingers, now we have mr soupy fingers too? :pac:

i AM telling that hot water and soap (soup is for eating remember?) WILL NOT kill ALL bacteria, particularly the nasty ones you'd find in turds, unless your idea of washing your hands in soap and hot water is the same as immersing your hands and scrubbing them in a 10% bleach solution in boiling water and scraping right under your nails till they bleed.
    off topic: another thing that i don't understand is why are we still using 2 different taps one for hot and one for cold water,what if you want warm water??
    it should be one tap so you can have warm water by using both the cold and hot water(that lead to one tap) and adjust how warm you want the water to be.
    that's an excellent idea, i suggest you patent the idea of this combined hot and cold tap immediately and then go and invent it and make millions off your very original invention. oh, actually wait a minute, i think someone might have actually beaten you to it...

Well your Italians must be different than my Italians. Bidet use is standard in Italy, google is your friend. They still use toilet roll to dry up afterwards, maybe that's where you're getting confused.

I'm basing on the fact that they have no problem using the toilet at work, in pubs etc, which they would surely be against if washing up was a major issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

vibe666 wrote: »
    the only way your hair smells like it naturally should is if your hair is actually meant to smell like crap. i get that you are used to the smell, but that doesn't give you the right to force other people to have to endure it because you're a dirty soap dodger..
    I haven't used shampoo for years (and years) either and though I have short hair now (to hide the receding bits), for years it was long and the ladys often commented on how nice it felt and smelled.
    I was often asked what shampoo I use and got looks of amazement when I said none. Hair genuinely only needs a good scrub in warm water every day.
    Might seem odd to some, but it's true. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

i think i've figured out why you're like this. your nose obviously doesn't work. if it did you'd know you DO have sh1tty smelling hands and stinky hair. :rolleyes:

the only way your hair smells like it naturally should is if your hair is actually meant to smell like crap. i get that you are used to the smell, but that doesn't give you the right to force other people to have to endure it because you're a dirty soap dodger.

it's like someone having bad breath. its very unusual that the people around them will be frank enough to tell them that they stink, even though they do. stop kidding yourself and just clean yourself properly like a normal person ffs and stop being so god damn stingy.
    its not bad enough that we have mr poopy fingers, now we have mr soupy fingers too? :pac:

i AM telling that hot water and soap (soup is for eating remember?) WILL NOT kill ALL bacteria, particularly the nasty ones you'd find in turds, unless your idea of washing your hands in soap and hot water is the same as immersing your hands and scrubbing them in a 10% bleach solution in boiling water and scraping right under your nails till they bleed.

that's an excellent idea, i suggest you patent the idea of this combined hot and cold tap immediately and then go and invent it and make millions off your very original invention. oh, actually wait a minute, i think someone might have actually beaten you to it...

No offence there vibe, but what you know about the subject could fit on a stamp. Show me one reference that show you are correct, just one. Because I went looking and couldn't find one.

No offence there vibe, but what you know about the subject could fit on a stamp. Show me one reference that show you are correct, just one. Because I went looking and couldn't find one.
    are you serious? there's that irony rearing its ugly head again.

you weren't able to find ANY references online to confirm that soap and water doesn't actually kill bacteria? i'm very sorry that you can't use google, but i thought this obvious fact was common knowledge? i'm starting to think your vision and cognitive abilities might be as deficient as your sense of smell. :rolleyes:

have you heard of MRSA, E-Coli or Salmonella?

soap might be a simple way to wash them off the surface of your hands if done vigorously for long enough, but it will do feck all to actually kill any of them. you have heard of those bacteria haven't you???

I'm assuming you have fingernails? cuticles? have you ever had cracked, cut or broken skin?

all these places are happy homes for all of the above nasties and they'll be hanging on anywhere they can whilst they laugh at you and gargle with your soapy water and your naivety.

why do you think medical professionals all wear gloves any time they go anywhere near a patient and then immediately turn them inside out before throwing them out rather than just going in with their bare hands and then rolling up their sleeves giving them a good wash afterwards?

you are playing Russian roulette with your health and the health of those around you. if you absolutely have to stick your fingers up your hole then do everyone a favour and invest in some latex examination gloves and do it properly before you make someone very sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Well your Italians must be different than my Italians. Bidet use is standard in Italy, google is your friend. They still use toilet roll to dry up afterwards, maybe that's where you're getting confused.

Have you ever been to Italy? Even in posh restaurants the toilets are an absolute disgrace, i wouldn't be too keen to emulate italian toilet habbits to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Just think, Klj could be your waiter, your barber, your dentist........

Just think, Klj could be your waiter, your barber, your dentist........
    or inadvertently your killer. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Well he said soap wouldn't kill all bacteria

here you go

Dettol Healthy Touch Hand Hygiene Gel

Kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.
    Protection on the go with no need for soap or water.
    Travel size pump ideal for use on the go: in the car, in public toilets/restaurants, on holiday, while shopping or picnicking, etc.
    Dermatologically tested.

99.9% is less then 100%, so not all bacteria killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

are you serious? there's that irony rearing its ugly head again.

you weren't able to find ANY references online to confirm that soap and water doesn't actually kill bacteria? i'm very sorry that you can't use google, but i thought this obvious fact was common knowledge? i'm starting to think your vision and cognitive abilities might be as deficient as your sense of smell. :rolleyes:

have you heard of MRSA, E-Coli or Salmonella?

soap might be a simple way to wash them off the surface of your hands if done vigorously for long enough, but it will do feck all to actually kill any of them. you have heard of those bacteria haven't you???

I'm assuming you have fingernails? cuticles? have you ever had cracked, cut or broken skin?

all these places are happy homes for all of the above nasties and they'll be hanging on anywhere they can whilst they laugh at you and gargle with your soapy water and your naivety.

why do you think medical professionals all wear gloves any time they go anywhere near a patient and then immediately turn them inside out before throwing them out rather than just going in with their bare hands and then rolling up their sleeves giving them a good wash afterwards?

you are playing Russian roulette with your health and the health of those around you. if you absolutely have to stick your fingers up your hole then do everyone a favour and invest in some latex examination gloves and do it properly before you make someone very sick.

Russian roulette??? Do you work for Dettol? Have you ANY idea on how to use a bidet? Are you under some weird impression that the OP is fisting his ass and rolling around in poo every time he takes a ****? The OP sounds conscientious regarding his hygiene and hand washing.

Stop pedalling your absolute rubbish about how dangerous his actions are when IN REALITY (that's where we sensible people live) his actions are cleaner than the use of toilet roll and pose no ****ing harm to anyone except nutcase germaphobes.

/rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Follow the shoe! ('tis not a shoe but a sandal)
    No, follow the gourd!

How about a poll? Those who think washing your backside is cleaner than those using dry toilet paper to smear the stuff away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Bravo.

KJL, if you went down the "this is what I do" route rather than the "I'm so much better than you because this is what I do" route, this wouldn't have resulted in such a battering.

I use shampoo. Why? Because I use wax/gel to style my hair, to look neat and good for work. If I didn't, after a day or so, it'd be all gunky and crap filled.

I use toilet paper, a dry wipe, wet wipe, dry wipe combination. Why? Because thats what I feel cleans me best.

Oh and to the people blethering on about how you must scrub you hands if you use your hand to wipe? Yeah, you have to do the same if you use toilet paper. Who has touched the paper before you? Where has the paper been, did it fall on the floor? Poop germs can travel through paper.

If I had a bidet, I'd use it as well. But wouldn't pretend it would be for any other reason than to get my hole cleaner.

What would annoy me more is the fact that some showers don't have a hand hose so you can direct the spray to "areas."

Also, why do toilet doors always have to have a handle to open and pull in? What about the dirty ****ers than don't wash their hands smearing their poop/piss on the handles, and you have to grasp it when you open it and pull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Also, why do toilet doors always have to have a handle to open and pull in? What about the dirty ****ers than don't wash their hands smearing their poop/piss on the handles, and you have to grasp it when you open it and pull!

yock dont get me started! pull sleeve over hand and grab. either that or lift up the bottom of my top and use that around my hand

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Bravo.

KJL, if you went down the "this is what I do" route rather than the "I'm so much better than you because this is what I do" route, this wouldn't have resulted in such a battering.

I use shampoo. Why? Because I use wax/gel to style my hair, to look neat and good for work. If I didn't, after a day or so, it'd be all gunky and crap filled.

I use toilet paper, a dry wipe, wet wipe, dry wipe combination. Why? Because thats what I feel cleans me best.

Oh and to the people blethering on about how you must scrub you hands if you use your hand to wipe? Yeah, you have to do the same if you use toilet paper. Who has touched the paper before you? Where has the paper been, did it fall on the floor? Poop germs can travel through paper.

If I had a bidet, I'd use it as well. But wouldn't pretend it would be for any other reason than to get my hole cleaner.

What would annoy me more is the fact that some showers don't have a hand hose so you can direct the spray to "areas."

Maybe you need to reread all my posts in this thread. Not once did I say I did it for environmental reasons, nor did I say I was better than people. I will say I am more open minded than people who are so close minded that they can't see past the way they do things to realise there are alternatives and sometimes those alternatives are better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I'd need a power washer to clean my hole not a bidet

• Advertisement

Russian roulette??? Do you work for Dettol? Have you ANY idea on how to use a bidet? Are you under some weird impression that the OP is fisting his ass and rolling around in poo every time he takes a ****? The OP sounds conscientious regarding his hygiene and hand washing.

Stop pedalling your absolute rubbish about how dangerous his actions are when IN REALITY (that's where we sensible people live) his actions are cleaner than the use of toilet roll and pose no ****ing harm to anyone except nutcase germaphobes.

/rant.
    and maybe you should have read the rest of the thread so you knew exactly how he goes about cleaning his hole using his bare fingers before you got your rant on. :rolleyes:

i have no doubt whatsoever that he's got one of the cleanest shiniest hoops on the forum, but it doesn't change the fact that he's sticking his fingers up his hole on a daily basis and thinks that soap and water will kill all the harmful and potentially life threatening bacteria left on is fudge smeared digits and if you're of the same opinion then you are as deluded as he is.

maybe you live in some alternate reality where germs don't exist and staph infections don't kill people, but for the rest of us the spread of bacterial infections due to poor hygiene is a very real threat. if you don't believe me then feel free to ask your nearest healthcare worker doing their best to fight against the spread of MRSA etc. in hospitals.
    Maybe you need to reread all my posts in this thread. Not once did I say I did it for environmental reasons, nor did I say I was better than people. I will say I am more open minded than people who are so close minded that they can't see past the way they do things to realise there are alternatives and sometimes those alternatives are better.
    its funny how you use opposite argument to justify each of the two main points to the thread.

apparently "hair isn't meant to be washed with shampoo" but at the same time, your backside IS meant to be washed, waxed & polished?

your teeth were never meant to be cleaned with toothpaste and your armpits, sex organs and other parts of your body weren't made to be washed and cleaned with soaps & detergents either, but i'm guessing you do all those things to keep the rest of your body as clean as your sphincter? :rolleyes:

and maybe you should have read the rest of the thread so you knew exactly how he goes about cleaning his hole using his bare fingers before you got your rant on. :rolleyes:

i have no doubt whatsoever that he's got one of the cleanest shiniest hoops on the forum, but it doesn't change the fact that he's sticking his fingers up his hole on a daily basis and thinks that soap and water will kill all the harmful and potentially life threatening bacteria left on is fudge smeared digits and if you're of the same opinion then you are as deluded as he is.

maybe you live in some alternate reality where germs don't exist and staph infections don't kill people, but for the rest of us the spread of bacterial infections due to poor hygiene is a very real threat. if you don't believe me then feel free to ask your nearest healthcare worker doing their best to fight against the spread of MRSA etc. in hospitals.
    its funny how you use opposite argument to justify each of the two main points to the thread.

apparently "hair isn't meant to be washed with shampoo" but at the same time, your backside IS meant to be washed, waxed & polished?

your teeth were never meant to be cleaned with toothpaste and your armpits, sex organs and other parts of your body weren't made to be washed and cleaned with soaps & detergents either, but i'm guessing you do all those things to keep the rest of your body as clean as your sphincter? :rolleyes:

I have read it and the OP specifically pointed out that it was rare that faeces touched his hand. You are aware that a very large percentage of the world manages to not use loo roll and amazingly they're still alive and not all rolling about in their death throes from e-coli.

You're insulting the OP and basing your ideas on the premise that because you grew up with loo roll then that is the cleanest and only way when it's not. If you ever go travelling outside of Ireland you'll be in for a surprise.

Yes I do, but ,my hair looks and feels better when I don't use shampoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Vibes666, do you live in a quarantine tent or something? You seem to me like a man afraid of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You when you were going on about the water 'wasted' when making bog roll, the alleged unrecyclability of water with shampoo in it, and the chemicals in shampoo which you say turn up in water systems you weren't talking about the environment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

orourkeda wrote: »
    are you muslim?

No, he's obviously ............. Shi,ite :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You are absolutely disgusting. If you've posted that just for attention, you're a freak but if it's true, then you're vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

fussyonion wrote: »
    You are absolutely disgusting. If you've posted that just for attention, you're a freak but if it's true, then you're vile.

No more Nutella sandwiches for Fussyonion.

I have read it and the OP specifically pointed out that it was rare that faeces touched his hand. You are aware that a very large percentage of the world manages to not use loo roll and amazingly they're still alive and not all rolling about in their death throes from e-coli.
    congratulations, you are totally clueless and you can go home now. how you get such basic facts so totally and utterly wrong is totally beyond my comprehension? :confused:

are you so clueless about the prevalence and severity of e-coli that you have no idea that EVERY YEAR there are 1.5 BILLION cases of diarrhoea caused by e-coli amongst children under 5 years old in the developing world and that 3 million of those children DIE annually after contracting it?

seriously, how are any of you still alive with such a complete and utter lack of basic knowledge about the cause, effects and spread of disease? :confused: if you ever actually make it as far as the developing world, you're never going to see any of it as you'll be too sick to get out of bed.
    You're insulting the OP and basing your ideas on the premise that because you grew up with loo roll then that is the cleanest and only way when it's not. If you ever go travelling outside of Ireland you'll be in for a surprise.
    and you're wrong again and have just re-proved you haven't read the thread, well done. :rolleyes:

i'm basing my opinion on the fact that i've travelled all over the world and have seen first hand what ignorance and a total lack of hygiene in these places that you *think* you're talking about (in which you have very obviously never been) can do and the rife sickness and death that happens as a direct result of it.

stop trying to pretend you know what you're talking about because you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself, something the OP is all too familiar with, if you'll pardon the pun.
    Mr Marston wrote: »
    Vibes666, do you live in a quarantine tent or something? You seem to me like a man afraid of the world.
    not at all, quite the opposite in fact as i've already said.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

What an utterly brilliant thread. Cap doffed, OP, you've made my afternoon.

My college roommate did the no shampoo thing for a long time, but I was never convinced. His wife is sufficiently horrified at the idea that he won't be conducting that experiment again. As regards paper vs. washing, why not take the belt-and-braces approach and do both? Cleaner arse, cleaner hands, win all round.

I just need to clarify one thing: do some people really only use 2 or 3 sheets while wiping? Really?

congratulations, you are totally clueless and you can go home now. how you get such basic facts so totally and utterly wrong is totally beyond my comprehension? :confused:

are you so clueless about the prevalence and severity of e-coli that you have no idea that EVERY YEAR there are 1.5 BILLION cases of diarrhoea caused by e-coli amongst children under 5 years old in the developing world and that 3 million of those children DIE annually after contracting it?

seriously, how are any of you still alive with such a complete and utter lack of basic knowledge about the cause, effects and spread of disease? :confused: if you ever actually make it as far as the developing world, you're never going to see any of it as you'll be too sick to get out of bed.

and you're wrong again and have just re-proved you haven't read the thread, well done. :rolleyes:

i'm basing my opinion on the fact that i've travelled all over the world and have seen first hand what ignorance and a total lack of hygiene in these places that you *think* you're talking about (in which you have very obviously never been) can do and the rife sickness and death that happens as a direct result of it.

stop trying to pretend you know what you're talking about because you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself, something the OP is all too familiar with, if you'll pardon the pun.

not at all, quite the opposite in fact as i've already said.

It's not like I scoop it out with my hands and start playing with it. My hand rarely comes into contact with faeces, and if it does I clean it with extra vigour.

Post 242 by the OP. I'd prefer if you'd direct your apology to the OP for your insinuation he is unclean. EDIT: strike through as misread your first point but leaving this in so you don't think I'm unduly editing

Your link shows the number of sufferers of diarrhea but doesn't link to infection causes. Is it through improper hygiene (sp?)as a direct result of not using toilet paper or because in many places food hygiene is low, cold storage of food is impossible and human faeces doesn't have a sewer system to be washed down along with humans living in 3rd world conditions on top of one another?

If you can link non use of toilet paper to an increase in bacterial infection then I'll happily apologise on this point.

Diapason wrote: »
    What an utterly brilliant thread. Cap doffed, OP, you've made my afternoon.

My college roommate did the no shampoo thing for a long time, but I was never convinced. His wife is sufficiently horrified at the idea that he won't be conducting that experiment again. As regards paper vs. washing, why not take the belt-and-braces approach and do both? Cleaner arse, cleaner hands, win all round.

I just need to clarify one thing: do some people really only use 2 or 3 sheets while wiping? Really?

I was curious about that too, when I am forced to use tp, I need like most of the roll, and it still feels dirty afterwards. One or two sheets, and they have the nerve to call me dirty.

With regards to your room mate, he probably didn't do it for long enough. Plus he probably just went cold turkey with the no shampoo, for the first three months you need to use baking soda and apple cider vinegar, after that your hair levels out.

Some people do still use shampoo, like one every 2 months or so. Since starting this I have used shampoo once, and the effect was horrible. It completely dried out my hair and took all the life out of it.

Oh and @vibe666, I take it you are not a fan of rimming then :)

If you can link non use of toilet paper to an increase in bacterial infection then I'll happily apologise on this point.
    e-coli is a common bacteria found in gut that is not killed by soap and water and spread by poor hygiene that kills millions of people every year. if you seriously need someone to find you a specific link online that joins those dots together with someone wiping their ar$e with their bare fingers and then washing them with soap and water then you really aren't looking for the truth at all.

the OP argued that soap and water kills all the germs that might be on his fingers from polishing his hoop and i've shown this was incorrect and specifically that the most harmful disease causing bacteria are more than happy to carry on living in a soapy environment and are only washed from skin surfaces by soapy water, not from nail cuticles or cuts & abrasions in the skin.

YOU then tried to argue that e-coli isn't some nasty killer bug and i've shown that to be completely wrong and that millions of people die as a direct result of e-coli infections every year.

there's also been some argument that i don't know what i'm talking about and i think i've pretty conclusively debunked that as well.

sooner or later you will have to accept that sometimes in life you don't know everything and that you should take the advice that people give you.

i'm not always right about everything and i'm well aware of that fact and i'm proud to say that when i'm wrong i'll always hold up my hands and say it on thread to let everyone know, which i've had to do on several occasions in the past.

BUT this is me online. its totally sad and i know that, but if i'm right and i know it then i just won't give up. the IQ of the world is dropping sharply and if i have to educate the masses myself to drag it back up again kicking and screaming then i will. :D
    Oh and @vibe666, I take it you are not a fan of rimming then :)
    no, not at all. i've had a curry i know what my arse is for. :pac:

e-coli is a common bacteria found in gut that is not killed by soap and water and spread by poor hygiene that kills millions of people every year. if you seriously need someone to find you a specific link online that joins those dots together with someone wiping their ar$e with their bare fingers and then washing them with soap and water then you really aren't looking for the truth at all.

the OP argued that soap and water kills all the germs that might be on his fingers from polishing his hoop and i've shown this was incorrect and specifically that the most harmful disease causing bacteria are more than happy to carry on living in a soapy environment and are only washed from skin surfaces by soapy water, not from nail cuticles or cuts & abrasions in the skin.

YOU then tried to argue that e-coli isn't some nasty killer bug and i've shown that to be completely wrong and that millions of people die as a direct result of e-coli infections every year.

there's also been some argument that i don't know what i'm talking about and i think i've pretty conclusively debunked that as well.

sooner or later you will have to accept that sometimes in life you don't know everything and that you should take the advice that people give you.

i'm not always right about everything and i'm well aware of that fact and i'm proud to say that when i'm wrong i'll always hold up my hands and say it on thread to let everyone know, which i've had to do on several occasions in the past.

BUT this is me online. its totally sad and i know that, but if i'm right and i know it then i just won't give up. the IQ of the world is dropping sharply and if i have to educate the masses myself to drag it back up again kicking and screaming then i will. :D

Internet swallowed my response. Long story short: if you're accusing the OP of dirtiness please show proof that using a bidet and diligent handwashing is more unhygienic than toilet paper.

That's also me in the picture BUT in this case I think it's really not merited to suggest a bidet is less hygenic.

• Advertisement

Just out of curiosity, do you think that toilet paper is some magical bacteria shield? You realise of course that the bidet takes 99% of the faecal matter away, and I only used my hand to add soap to the backside. Which I then follow up by washing my hands thoroughly.

I see your point about e.coli etc, but you have to know that these risks are present for people who use toilet paper too, to be honest I think tp seems dirtier, you stick you hand into you ass when it is covered in pooh, then proceed to check to see if its clean. Paper is not the shield you think it to be. I can tell you, I've been doing this for about a year now, I haven't had a single case of diarrhoea since, but I put that down to good diet.

And you know what, I don't think it should be hard to provide a source that says washing your hands with just soap doesn't kill all bacteria. You know there is e.coli and salmonella present in raw chicken and pork, but people still use soap and water to clean their hands after coming into contact with that. I think you are just some germ freak, and that's why you find the idea so repulsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Maybe I need to reread?

Excuse me?

Where did I once say you did it for environmental reasons? Did I? No. Jump the ****ing gun on that one, son.

I'm not the only one that has mentioned to you about your attitude, so maybe, JUST ****ING maybe you did come across as holier than thou.

You are more open minded? Right, I love how that makes you automatically right. Does it ****. Because you do things different to other people does not make you open minded.

Yes there are alternatives. The same way there are alternatives to the way you do things. Some of those alternatives do have benefits over what you do, what you do has benefits over what the alternatives are.

Have a read of what I actually said. I said what I did, and why I did it. Did I once say you were wrong? Did I? No, I said you attitude was wrong.

Maybe I need to reread?

Excuse me?

Where did I once say you did it for environmental reasons? Did I? No. Jump the ****ing gun on that one, son.

I'm not the only one that has mentioned to you about your attitude, so maybe, JUST ****ING maybe you did come across as holier than thou.

You are more open minded? Right, I love how that makes you automatically right. Does it ****. Because you do things different to other people does not make you open minded.

Yes there are alternatives. The same way there are alternatives to the way you do things. Some of those alternatives do have benefits over what you do, what you do has benefits over what the alternatives are.

Have a read of what I actually said. I said what I did, and why I did it. Did I once say you were wrong? Did I? No, I said you attitude was wrong.

Maybe you need to reread your post there before you get onto me about my attitude mate.

I am an open minded person, I am willing to try things despite the fact that they go against the social norms, a clear case of that is this entire thread. I call people close minded because they instantly state with a matter of fact attitude that wiping is the only way, and I must smell to high heaven or that no woman must come near me, because I do things differently.

What you might call an attitude was me defending the multiple attacks I have received in this thread. I have simple introduced a topic here, I have not once stated that I am 100% correct on this, but of course I am going to defend my side. That is the whole point of the debate. And don't think your aggressive, slippery slope, facetious argument is going to win this one for you. I simple asked you to read what I said before trying to draw conclusions I didn't make.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well I've seen some cack-handed threads in my time but this one really takes the biscuit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Anyone else reading vibe666's posts in cartman's voice? Perfect. :D

Internet swallowed my response. Long story short: if you're accusing the OP of dirtiness please show proof that using a bidet and diligent handwashing is more unhygienic than toilet paper.

That's also me in the picture BUT in this case I think it's really not merited to suggest a bidet is less hygenic.
    i'd have serious doubts about 2-3 sheets of two ply bog roll that some people had suggested earlier in the thread would keep out anything at all, but a good handful of bogroll that puts many layers of paper between you and your mookie sticks followed by a good hand wash is going to be a lot more effective than tickling the brown trout trail with your bare hands even after a blast from a bidet.

i'll be more than happy to spend some time providing links to back up my point further as soon as the OP can provide links to show that "that the bidet takes 99% of the faecal matter away" before he starts prodding the chocolate starfish.

i have to say that i'm still totally baffled that you are clinging to this falsehood that soap actually kills bacteria, i thought we'd gone past this already but i guess not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

And you know what, I don't think it should be hard to provide a source that says washing your hands with just soap doesn't kill all bacteria.
    Plain soaps have minimal, if any, antimicrobial activity. However, handwashing with plain soap can remove loosely adherent transient flora. For example, handwashing with plain soap and water for 15 seconds reduces bacterial counts on the skin by 0.6--1.1 log10, whereas washing for 30 seconds reduces counts by 1.8--2.8 log10. However, in several studies, handwashing with plain soap failed to remove pathogens from the hands of hospital personnel. Handwashing with plain soap can result in paradoxical increases in bacterial counts on the skin. Non-antimicrobial soaps may be associated with considerable skin irritation and dryness, although adding emollients to soap preparations may reduce their propensity to cause irritation. Occasionally, plain soaps have become contaminated, which may lead to colonization of hands of personnel with gram-negative bacilli.

Emphasis mine
    Source: http://www.learnwell.org//handhygiene.htm

i have to say that i'm still totally baffled that you are clinging to this falsehood that soap actually kills bacteria, i thought we'd gone past this already but i guess not.

I hope that's directed at someone else because I'm more than aware that soap simply binds bacteria to it and the mechanical action of washing ones hands removes said bacteria.

I hope that's directed at someone else because I'm more than aware that soap simply binds bacteria to it and the mechanical action of washing ones hands removes *most of* said bacteria.
    FYP but no, I think you're grand on that one, it is directed at the OP.

unless you're still clinging to the idea that e-coli isn't a dangerous and highly infectious bug spread by contact with faeces that is killing millions of people in the developing world every year? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

OP, you could still wash your hair but without using shampoo. A quick rinse of water through your hair wouldn't do you any harm like...grease is oil so you need to get rid of all that and dead skin on your scalp need to be rid of too! My hair gets greasy with dandruff but I have to wash it at least every two to three days, it wouldn't last a week. It would look like a wet towel!

Seriously, I don't think using one piece of toliet paper to wipe your behind now and again wouldn't be a bad thing...get a bio-degradable toliet paper and you be sorted! Washing your bum is not enough you need to be spotless cause otherwise...you don't know what could be hidden that could cause an infection or something!

By the by what about conserving water if you are that pre-occupied about saving the environment, there are more important and more easier ways to do that without risking your own health!

For staters start using a hand gel that kills germs 99% thank you very much, your hands won't know where it has been when you handle other things! Don't want other people picking up your germs now do we!

you're wasting your time mate, it turns out the OP doesn't give a crap about the environment. it turns out he does wash his hair with water, just without shampoo.

he's also convinced that ordinary soap kills all his arse germs and he can't be convinced otherwise, despite being told several times by more than one person.

MRSA can quite happily survive just about any toxic cleaning substance and e-coli & salmonella are increasingly resistant to multiple antibacterial substances, but he's convinced that a scrub with a bar of soap is all that's needed to keep him germ free. :rolleyes:

just keep your fingers crossed he doesn't work in your local sandwich shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Go for it OP,

I used to wash my pits.....now I just spray a load of Pledge under my arms to mask the hideous odour. Also I don't bother washing my knob either. My knickers stick to my bell-end most days and pluck off the crust when I take them off. Feet too. Just let the dog lick them. Although he has been puking more of late.
    Now as for my arse....after you take a dump, just sit there until your asshole dries out. Not a bother! And hair...easy. When you've had a fry-up just allow the pan-grease to cool down then plaster it all into your head. The gloss is amazing and if you sweat during the day and it all starts to dribble down your face you can just clear it with your hand and lick it off. Delicious.
    Now onto teeth and breath. Pickled onions and garlics everyday for your breath. Natural disinfectant and don't forget to gargle with the vinegar either.

Man, the amount of pussy I get!!!

Hate toilet roll myself by now... The Spray is the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

:eek: what a thread :D cant believe i read it all :cool:

Love the tags :D
    dirt trail to hairdresser, dirty hole, finger of fudge, fingered my brown star, fudge tunnel maintenance, funniest thread ever!!, goddamn hippy, i haz klingon, ignorance, mouldy wet dog smell, poopy fingered, seriously dude?, sh*tlocks, sh*tty balls, smart, smelly hair & fingers, soap dodger, stinky stinky britches, vibe666 loves rimming

Advertisement