Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on quality of Lens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

never used this lens before, but for 15 euro, it cant be very good..

never buy a cheap lean.... if you want good images....

ukpartsdeal ( Feedback score of 93181Purple shooting star

99.8% Positive feedback

Jaguar240 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

There are a number of lens being sold on ebay both tele & wide angle.
    Has anybody used these type of lens or done business with this seller.
    I was also looking a remote for D60 & Battery Grip.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180469670637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Personally I would not consider that a lens. It's more a a lens accessory.
    You have to have lens with 52mm filter threads for it to fit and it will change the quality of that lens and reduce the effective maximum f-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

Hi Folks,

Yes I understand about lens, I have 18-55 52mm lens but was just wondering if anyone bought one of these or did business with this company who claim to be based in Swansea. They are also selling a battery grip including 2 batteries for approx €50 & battery grip for D90 also has a remote included. Its a D60 that I have which doesnt have remote.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Those things are a waste of money, there's no point buying them. For a remote shutter I'd go with dealextreme.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I agree with my esteemed colleagues.. and any gob****es that also agree.. these aren't worth getting unless you're specifically looking for the distortion & in consistency you get with them. It's not much of a lens.. it's almost fair to say it's a tube with a lens-shaped filter at either end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

How is 52mm considered a Telephoto ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

OP, you definitely get what you pay for. I bought a cheap ebay battery for about eu8 on ebay for my 40D, it never worked properly, most I ever got was about 50 shots then it needed a recharge. Seller replaced it foc no quibble but replacement was only marginally better. I eventually bought a duracell for about eu30 & that is good, and about a third the price of the canon battery.

I have never tried screw-on lens adaptors. By all means try it ( let us know how you get on!) I expect that you may have problems like vignetting, purple fringing/CAs. I have no idea what impact if any it will have on your camera's AF, metering should be OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

Thanks folks, I think I'll pass on lens & battery grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

the_monkey wrote: »
    How is 52mm considered a Telephoto ?

52mm is the filter diameter.
    It's a 2x converter so the lens will become a 110mm at the long end.

The 25£ it'd cost to buy and have it shipped to Ireland would be better put towards a 70-300mm lens or similar.

Never used those filters, but regarding your battery grip, I purchased a knock off battery grip from a Hong Kong seller on ebay a while ago. I also bought two batteries (off a different seller, I think... I know I didn't get them together).

Can't remember how much it all came to, but it would've been skirting around the €50-€60 area. I've nad no problems with either the batteries or the grip.

I've belted off about 2,000 shots one time, in the space of about five hours, without running out of battery power (using the two ebay knock off batteries).

That said, that's just my own experience. Foxt has obviously had a much poorer experience than I, but I just thought I'd throw my post up anyway, so you know there are some happy stories out there about Hong Kong sellers and batteries. It's obviously a case of hit and miss and hoping you're lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

I would stay away from the lens adapters. I bought and used the wide angle one on my G10 and the lens distortion is horrendeous. It was one of the 1st lessons I learnt when starting out in photography - good glass is key!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

As regards the battery grip...go with a Phottix grip (available on ebay). I've one on both my D80 and D300 and they work just as well as the oem grips at a fraction of the cost. At the time I bought my d300 grip it cost ~€50 delivered* including 2 free (and just as long lasting as the oem nikon) batteries.

*Bear in mind that you may be charged extra by Customs if your package is stopped.

Advertisement