Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The AVI software repairs doesn't recognize the file

• 08-12-2010 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi again :o

I'm crossing a problem I have a serial with 40 gb of avi files. This serial was recovered in the past from a broken HD.

Since that this serial never worked

in WMP and appears the information :
    "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to play."

or

in VLC and appears the information:
    "unrecognized format for 'C:\Documents and Settings\gab pc\Desktop\1x01 - I,Darrin, Take this witch, Samantha.avi'

After I get this information I tried to repair it with:
    divx repair
    video fixer_3.23
    Virtual Dub
    ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair

But I couldn't repair it cause all of them tell me the file is not recognized.

I googled and I learn how to see the RIFF chunk tree on the Virtual Dub's Hex Editor (even if I still don't understand what this means and for what I need that information). I load the file there and I got
    00000000 [Û ' µ□:1659349141]: invalid chunk

I would be delighted if someone could help me in this matter cause I'm pregnant and I would be really happy if I can see this serial during my pregnancy :o .
    I know the avi files doesn't have a complexed structure then I'll keep my hopes in that.

Thank you so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

You mean, you have a series/collection of videos that are all in avi format?

Another piece of software to try and fix the files
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divfix.htm
    You could also try AVIDemux.

Can you just confirm for us if you managed to play them with no problems, after originally recovering them from the broken HDD.
    Or is this is the first time you've gone near them since the recovery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

I would be delighted if someone could help me in this matter cause I'm pregnant and I would be really happy if I can see this serial during my pregnancy

Another option would be to download it again. Its big but it might only take a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I.m guessing they are from a torrent, having just checked isohunt for a few keywords ...
    I suggest you get the torrent file again if maybe you've lost/can't find it, fire up utorrent and point it at the location of the files (make sure the folder structure is the same) and get it to recheck the files, then it will re-download only those pieces that are not as they should be.

Advertisement