Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

socom-gear m9

• 08-12-2010 2:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

guys, i can't remember if i'v asked this before, but due to cold weather and the fact i don't wanna blow up an expensive sidearm im going to ask it again.

has anyone ever used CO2 mags in this particular brand of M9? or know for a fact it won't blow the slide clean off or destroy the internals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Socom Gear are rebrands of WE, and the WE M9 found here says that it is compatible with CO2 magazines.

I'm not sure if they're compatible with KJW Co2 mags, but I haven't seen a WE CO2 mag yet - there's one on Redwolfairsoft.com that says it's Co2, but its picture is of a regular green gas mag. It's probably worth the time to drop them an email to ask about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭goblin59

cool, thnks very much

hey guy, i got a kjworks CO'2 mag for my socom m9a1, and it works grand just incase anyone was thinking about doing the same.

it chrono'd in at 1joule on average with .25's.
    results were roughly

1j
    .9j
    1.05j
    and once at 1.10j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

1 joule with .25's? Do you mean 328fps with .25's? If so it's over 1 joule. I could be reading that wrong. :)

That gun looks to be coming in quite hot. CO2 is high pressured, so fire a few shots off before chrono as the first few are usually very high.

• Advertisement

iv a .25 setting on my chrono, i'll check it again though with .20's to be safe and put up the results in fps and joules on that.

but apart from that it should be within the legal limit apart from that one shot.

first shot on .20's came up as 1.02
    second shot again was 1.08 / 341fps
    the 3rd shot was 0.98 / 324fps
    the 4th was /98 / 324fps
    and the 5th was 0.94 / 318fps

this was using a kjworks CO2 mag & .20 gram bb's

Aye, first shot is always higher. Good to know:)

yeh, just fire the first shot off,
    plus the chrono i have always clocks my stuff in slightly higher than most chrono's (including madbull ones and the skan chrono's)

Advertisement