Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help i was hacked

Options
  • 08-12-2010 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi i took a break from wow since may,

and i cant log back in because its asking me for a authenticator code, and i've never set one of them up,
    so clearly my account was hacked i also have emails from blizz threatening to suspend/terminate my account, so if anyone has a good guide on retrieving my account feel free to help sorry about the bad spelling ha,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Contact their support, be ready to give up historical information (not over e-mail!) about how the account was paid inc. CC number/paypal account etc. and expect a stripped account if you get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Just open a ticket in game and a GM will sort it very fast as soon as he gets to you, i got hacked recently and they sorted it in no time at all, really impressed me tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

I got hacked a few weeks ago, gave the support number a call and they had it sorted pretty quick. A GM had restored all my gear/gold, and all the guild bank contents, before I even logged in! Make sure you run full virus/trojan/malware scans, on your pc, and change your email password too. If you have an iPhone or Android phone, definitely download the authenticator app, or but they keyfob one; the extra security at least gives you peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Don't reply to the emails,they will be scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I get 5 emails a day from them damn scammers, the best one was one i got today telling me to log in to worldofwsarcraft.com so i could get access to the cata beta.... even tho the full game was realeased today....

My advice is to get in contact with Blizzard support. they're very good at fixing these issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

I got hacked recently. I got in touch via email with Blizz support. They had it sorted quickly. Got all my gear back plus the stuff they'd mined plus maxed out mining skill. Made about 1k gold from selling what they'd left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Create in game tickets about the situation.

Send an email to the accounts department

Ring up blizzard(use skype since rining from ireland cost money, ring the UK line via skype) when you get through give all details, and all forms of contact you used(ie you set up a ingame ticket on char X on server Y and you sent an email at X time with email address Y)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

if you have an iphone or ipod touch download the free authenticator! not only is your account way more secure u also get a cool pet :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

"blizz threatening to suspend/terminate my account"

Blizzard don't threaten, they just do it.

no access to ingame - call or fill this in http://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml

or attempt to log into battle.net and use that new thing Account Recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

its alost impossible to get them on the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

hi i took a break from wow since may,

and i cant log back in because its asking me for a authenticator code, and i've never set one of them up,
    so clearly my account was hacked i also have emails from blizz threatening to suspend/terminate my account, so if anyone has a good guide on retrieving my account feel free to help sorry about the bad spelling ha,

Hmm i was hacked the same way, i wasnt even active had cancelled the sub for 2 months and got an email one morning blizz saying my password was changed..had to resub and go through the process of getting ym stuff back which Blizzard were excellent doing. First thing id id when i got stuff back was to add an authentcator.

My question is though how can an inactive account be hacked so easily? i got a virus from college which i thing read my firefox passwords, im not sure how it got my login info since i never logged in when i had the virus.

Did you get your stuff back? Also i dont understand how imposable it is to get them ont he phone when there down in cork..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If the virus read your firefox passwords, it might have read your battle.net web login if firefox had stored it for you. Authenticator is the solution to most hacking attempts (get it free on iphones etc). Dont forget to copy that id\code in it incase you need to remove it easilly later (if you lose the authenticator).

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Thought i would post this here. Came across this for people that dont have an Android/iPhone/BlackBerry:

http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/koaschten/443-emulated_authenticator_edition.html

It is an emulated Authenticator that runs on your PC.

Drakar wrote: »
    If the virus read your firefox passwords, it might have read your battle.net web login if firefox had stored it for you. Authenticator is the solution to most hacking attempts (get it free on iphones etc). Dont forget to copy that id\code in it incase you need to remove it easilly later (if you lose the authenticator).

What do you mean by copy the code? just wondering. u mean keep one the codes for use later in case something goes tits-up?

Shougeki wrote: »
    Thought i would post this here. Came across this for people that dont have an Android/iPhone/BlackBerry:

http://elitistjerks.com/blogs/koaschten/443-emulated_authenticator_edition.html

It is an emulated Authenticator that runs on your PC.

Gonna try that out seems great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Scram wrote: »
    What do you mean by copy the code? just wondering. u mean keep one the codes for use later in case something goes tits-up?

No, he means the serial number which you should find somewhere in the options/setup menu for the virtual ones. Not sure about the keyfobs, but would Imagine it's printed on the thing somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

No, he means the serial number which you should find somewhere in the options/setup menu for the virtual ones. Not sure about the keyfobs, but would Imagine it's printed on the thing somewhere.

It is, it's on the back.

Along with "Made in China" which didn't give me great confidence in it initially.

Advertisement