Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Parking & Weather

Options
  • 08-12-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question that hopefully someone has a good answer to.

I am parking my car in CC for about 2 hours this morning and went to pay at the machine, but the coin slot it totally stuck (frozen?). There are loads of other cars parked there and nobody seems to have a pay-ticket on their dash.

Are parking patrols out clamping in the snow and ice, or are they giving a bit of leeway? Should I leave a note or something to say the machine is out of order?

I've lived in Dublin my whole life but actually never once parked on a street where the machine was broken, so I'm not sure what to do really. It'd be silly not to move it over getting clamped.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I saw a few cars clamped on my way through the city centre this morning, i'd be careful if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I left a note saying the machine was broken and chanced my arm.

No clamp when I moved it at 1 :D

Advertisement