Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December Boards Foldathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Seems like the advice to fix the solder is to bake it in the oven :eek:

Might just get an aftermarket cooler....cant afford for it to go up in flames :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

I was going to do the same, but now I'm just waiting for it to die so I have an excuse to have a proper upgrade. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LiLChris

Hi everyone! :)
    zodac wrote: »
    Are people ignoring me? wth.gif

Good they should ignore you. :p
    I shall convert them to Boxxy the queen they should be listening to.

Oh good God no.

Oh good God no.

:D

• Advertisement

LiLChris wrote: »
    :D

Mods, might I recommend banning him now? Nothing good will come from him being allowed to post here. :pac:

Mods, might I recommend banning him now? Nothing good will come from him being allowed to post here. :pac:

Pfft! You have no power here. :rolleyes:

LiLChris wrote: »
    Pfft! You have no power here. :rolleyes:

:eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

aidan does! :pac:

Knew you guys would have my back. wubsmiley.gif

EDIT: Also, my PS3 is switching over to OCN for a couple of days. But then I'm bringing the whole farm over here until the weekend. :)

• Advertisement

Oh, shi-

rockal seems to be curtailing the folding, and while I'm throwing myself into it now, recent weather and family conditions and a severe case of heartbreak have severely delayed my crappy scratchbuild. As I have to have it in at least semi-complete order for Christmas my i5 might wind up being offline for the Foldathon so I'll be down two-thirds of my PPD :(

Short version: the two fastest folders may be sitting this one out :(

Yeah, I've noticed he was down. Our team PPD has plummetted because of it. And now you're going down too. :(

Well, I guess I'll have to do as much as I possibley can this time. :)

and I'm not sure if I can run my GPU client which was the strongest one at like 4-5k PPD....

****ing thing is doing insane things. Fan will die for 2 hours, card hits 96C idle, spontaneously starts working again, and right now the fan is at 5745RPM (I've never seen it above 3kRPM@100% speed)

To top it off... I've not one but 2 P6701's :mad:

I'll try get some of the other PCs in the house online for it...

Next month will certainly be better though, gonna invest in a VF-1000 for the 8800gtx before it goes on fire and I'll have a shiny new PS3 folding as well ;)

We'll just have to muddle through this month then, and hope for a massive start for 2011. :D

Three hours to go and I haven't even disassembled the testbed :o PPD shall suffer! :(

Gah... gotta switch all my clients over in 40 mins. OCN Foldathon ends just as this one starts, so at least everything I own is running. :)

Thunderbirds Folders are go!

Getting slaughtered by P6701s here :( C2D is now out of the running as its been nailed by yet another one which won't be finished until just after the end of the Foldathon! :o

My C2D has a 6701 that should JUST be completed by the end of the foldathon....I'm talking down to the minute :pac:

I've been out all day, and just came home to find the internet on my desktop disconnected. I had a P6701 that never dropped. :(

• Advertisement

...and another P67 has just eaten the i5! :eek: ETA... five minutes after the end of the Foldathon!!! :eek::(

Set the priority of FahCore_a3.exe to "High", and try not to use the computer. Should knock down the TPF enough for you to make the deadline. ;)

300th!

Sure... we'll probably lose it by tomorrow... but still. :D

looks like I'll have a gtx 460 OC folding next month instead :D

Nice; Fermis are awesome.

And so warm. :)

Nice; Fermis are awesome.

And so warm. :)

warm? I'm going from >110C to about 70C load! g'way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

I've a P76xx aswell- what TPF are people getting? I'm getting 18-20 mins on a X4 965.

~25min on the C2D, 12 mins on the i5 :D

Just came home to find the PC at the login screen....power cut at some stage! :eek:

Checked the FAHlog, thankfully the 6701 completed before the deadline though :D

how'd we do?

• Advertisement

18/19min TPF for a P6701 on my Q660 (2.4 Ghz).

And I just got back; gonna go run the stats now. ;)

EDIT: Or not... give me ~30mins. :o

Advertisement