Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for Student Welfare

Options
  • 08-12-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking, with all this snow about the place and the library closed for several days last week, is there any chance that Paul et al. in the SU could go buy some shovels with our money and do something genuinely useful like move some snow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Pickaxes and mini diggers are what's needed by now unfortunately... friend of mine from Canada couldn't believe snow in Dublin on paths etc was just being let sit there, it needs to be cleared immediately before it gets compressed into packed ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Would it really make sense to buy equipment to lift snow that we might not see the likes of again in 20 or 30 years? If people made an effort with shovels, salt etc, it would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Would it really make sense to buy equipment to lift snow that we might not see the likes of again in 20 or 30 years? If people made an effort with shovels, salt etc, it would be fine.

Nope! But I'm sure they could rent/hire a mini digger if it was really needed.

If anyone from UCD's reading, I'll shovel it all up in exchange for a pass in all my xmas exams :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Nope! But I'm sure they could rent/hire a mini digger if it was really needed.

If anyone from UCD's reading, I'll shovel it all up in exchange for a pass in all my xmas exams :cool:

That is probably do-able. My comment was more mis-directed annoyance at people complaining about various councils not having the same equipment that countries covered in snow have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

How about just getting some salt for the path from the library to the N11. Ridiculous how much ice there is there

• Advertisement
Advertisement