Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports Channels

• 08-12-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Thinking of this free sat tv for my house, are they any sports channels with it, like golf rugby ? got upc at the moment basic channels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Magners League is covered by BBC2 Wales and S4C. You wont find much in the way of live golf outside of Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Golf highlights can be found on CNBC at the weekend.Sky has the live stuff pretty much tied up bar one or two tournaments that the BBC have (The Open I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dellasale

zerks wrote: »
    Golf highlights can be found on CNBC at the weekend.Sky has the live stuff pretty much tied up bar one or two tournaments that the BBC have (The Open I think)
    Is it right to say you can get live treams from bbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

As I said, Sky have 99.9% of the live golf.So very little left for fta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

dellasale wrote: »
    Thinking of this free sat tv for my house, are they any sports channels with it, like golf rugby ? got upc at the moment basic channels

If you get a HD Freesat box you'll get the 6 Nations and The Masters on BBC in definition. They have The Open as well. Great coverage of Wimbledon too.

As others have mentioned lots of Rugby on the Welsh channels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Snooker streams on bbc . And some other sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

dellasale wrote: »

Football;
    Match of the day Live/Highlights (BBC One HD)
    Match of the day 2 BBC 2
    Sportscene Highlights (BBC 1 Scotland)
    Carling Cup Live Semi (BBC One HD)
    Champions League Live/Highlights (ITV1 HD)
    FA Cup (ITV1HD)
    EUROPA League Live/Highlights (Five, ITV4)
    World Cup Live (BBC HD, ITV HD)

Rugby
    6 Nations Live/Highlights (BBC HD)
    Autumn Internationals (BBC 2 NI)
    Magners League Live/Highlights (BBC 2 NI, BBC Wales, S4C English Commentary)
    Aviva League Highlights (ITV 4)
    Rugby League (BBC, ITV4)

Boxing
    KOTV (Channel 4)

Cricket Ashes Highlights (ITV4)

Many other sports along with Digital Terrestrial RTE 1, RTE2, TV3, TG4 and 3E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

You're missing Sgorio on S4C on a Monday night. Highlights of Spanish, Italian and Welsh top flight matches. The only FTA show that I know of that does La Liga and Serie A highlights.

Live NFL ( Channel 4 Sunday night) 'I forgot to mention'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Football;
    Match of the day Live/Highlights (BBC One HD)
    Match of the day 2 BBC 2
    Sportscene Highlights (BBC 1 Scotland)
    Carling Cup Live Semi (BBC One HD)
    Champions League Live/Highlights (ITV1 HD)
    FA Cup (ITV1HD)
    EUROPA League Live/Highlights (Five, ITV4)
    World Cup Live (BBC HD, ITV HD)

Rugby
    6 Nations Live/Highlights (BBC HD)
    Autumn Internationals (BBC 2 NI)
    Magners League Live/Highlights (BBC 2 NI, BBC Wales, S4C English Commentary)
    Aviva League Highlights (ITV 4)
    Rugby League (BBC, ITV4)

Boxing
    KOTV (Channel 4)

Cricket Ashes Highlights (ITV4)

Many other sports along with Digital Terrestrial RTE 1, RTE2, TV3, TG4 and 3E

Don't forget BBC Alba for ML rugby as well. Unsure about RL on ITV4 - have ITV signed a new contract as Super League highlights have been on BBC last few seasons?

• Advertisement

Correction, thanks
    Rugby League highlights on BBC not ITV 4.

I also forgot to add Rugby Heineken Cup highlights on (ITV4/S4C)
    and Club TV (Celtic/Rangers), along with delayed coverage of an SPL game (BBC Alba)

O and Classic World of Sport, Wrestling (Loved it when I was young) on (Men and Movies)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ban for the next person that mentions the word "streams" and isn't referring to water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

You serious icdg?
    The "Red Button" service on BBC provides access to sporting events or music programmes. The channels are named as STREAM-0 to STREAM-6 and I'm sure that is what the posters are referring to.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Forgo to mention, live Tour de France and extensive highlights of same on ITV4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

fat-tony wrote: »
    You serious icdg?
    The "Red Button" service on BBC provides access to sporting events or music programmes. The channels are named as STREAM-0 to STREAM-6 and I'm sure that is what the posters are referring to.:)

lol

Advertisement