Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SDHC Card

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Most of the cards on that site will be fast enough for your needs

16GB Sandisk SDHC CL2 Secure Digital Memory Card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If your going for 16GB I'd say get 2 8Gb Cards instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

If your going for 16GB I'd say get 2 8Gb Cards instead.

@XiledSnipe , any reason to get two instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not putting all your eggs in one basket, probably. I have 16GB spread over 4 4GB cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Aidan!

padair wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have just got myself a Fuji HS10 and I was wondering what would be the best HDSC card to get.

I was initially looking at the 16GB one below from amazon ,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001AQ6282/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1YYDX80G7X52JR1GJRWW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

but i found this site

http://www.shop4memory.com/products/secure-digital.asp#sdhc

I am relatevly new to cameras and SDHC cards. Any advice on what type of card to get would be great. I have no idea what the classes mean but I am guessing that the faster the write speed is good for quick shooting and fast read speed allows for fast reading.

P.

Well, SD is a type of memory card which doesn't hold too much memory but SDHC is a better choice as it holds more memory, i think you should get two separate 8GBs because having two separate cards can be handy for dividing things eg. You were to go on holidays and take one card and then go on holidays again and take the other so then if you were looking back over the pics you would know which one was which and not have the two batches of pics mixed together:D
    Hope this helps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Aidan!

Aidan! wrote: »
    Well, SD is a type of memory card which doesn't hold too much memory but SDHC is a better choice as it holds more memory, i think you should get two separate 8GBs because having two separate cards can be handy for dividing things eg. You were to go on holidays and take one card and then go on holidays again and take the other so then if you were looking back over the pics you would know which one was which and not have the two batches of pics mixed together:D
    Hope this helps. :)

Because sometimes it can be a long task to scroll over all the pics if you have alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

not putting all your eggs in one basket, probably. I have 16GB spread over 4 4GB cards.

Cringes..

Yep. I understand that. I lost all of my photos of Peru when my last camera got knicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The advice above is great, so long as you don't need a single high capacity card for recording video or something...

redundancy is great in memory card terms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

A fine example of why you should use 2 cards, or more and swap out is because you never know when one can go, that way if it does, you don't lose all your images, and you still have something to shoot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I agree with multiple cards over one large one. I don't shoot video, but even for large RAW files which can fill a 4GB card very quick, I'd rather have 2 or 3 of them than one 16GB one. For all the reasons stated above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

padair wrote: »
    Hi there, P.

I'd consider something other than Transcend, the Fuji should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Try ebay - saw some great deals there on high capacity SDHC cards.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

The Falcon wrote: »
    Try ebay - saw some great deals there on high capacity SDHC cards.:)

I'd buy from some other place rather than ebay, most memory cards there are fake
    read more in this guide: http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-MagicGate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001236041

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Wow! Kinda scary! I recently bought a 4GB San Disk MicroSDHC on Ebay from an Irish seller and item was in what looked like original packaging etc with an SD adapter - Cost Eur 7.99 including postage. Using in my Nokia mobile phone and is working just fine. Did see some 'no brand' items though when searching on EBay so stayed well clear. Thanks for advice.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

The Falcon wrote: »
    Using in my Nokia mobile phone and is working just fine

probably a phone won't stress a memory card enough to see if can deliver as it should
    but let me add, I had a 4gb compact flash, it was labelled as a sandisk extreme iii but it wasn't the real deal
    that card worked as well as my 8gb of the same but a real one (bought from a well known brick and mortar shop, it passed all checks I could find too)

Advertisement