Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joining 2 pictures like a cd/dvd cover

Options
  • 08-12-2010 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

For my assignemnt for college, we had to create a dvd or cd cover in photoshop cs4. I remember the lecturer told us we could create 2 seperate pictures (front and back of cd/dvd) and then join them together at the end as it would be easier, but now I cant remember how. Can anyone help me please? I want to keep the layers also as its an assingment. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can you explain what you mean again I don't really follow you.
    Do you mean have the two images side by side as if the jewel case were opened and laid flat so you can see both the front and back covers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yes that is correct. I have them both finished but want them side by side in one psd file with all the layers still retained. Cheers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can place the second psd file into the first, or both into a new document and they will appear as smart objects. File>place..

Alternatively you can simply select all your layers in the layers pallet and drag 'n drop them onto the other document and they'll be added to that documents layers pallet.

Advertisement