Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom24 meg broadband

Options
  • 08-12-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys/gals :)
    I'm currently with eircom and want to upgrade my speed package.
    My exchange in Pallaskenry was enabled for 24 meg yet eircom insist my line is only capable of approx 5-7 meg which is bull considering I was on the 7.6 meg package for the first 18 months until the 24 meg deployment caused widespread issues across Ireland especially Munster.
    Tech support lowered it to 7 meg to see if that would resolve my ping issue (interleaving is switched on for the higher speeds) with no effect but left it at the 7 meg limit.
    Whatever app the sales team use is obviously flawed as I've often seen my speeds jump to over 10-12 megs for a few mins before settling back down to 7 meg.
    I rang sales and asked them if I could upgrade to the 24 meg package to see what speed increase I could get (I'd be happy with 10-12meg) but their system wouldn't allow me and Tech support can't upgrade me (for test purposes) without the sales team putting through the order..
    It's ridiculous that an obviously flawed app is stopped me from this and I'm highly tempted to move to Vodafone or other ISP as my current Eircom contract is up since about 6 months ago.
    Can any of you help out here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Hey guys/gals :)
    I'm currently with eircom and want to upgrade my speed package.
    My exchange in Pallaskenry was enabled for 24 meg yet eircom insist my line is only capable of approx 5-7 meg which is bull considering I was on the 7.6 meg package for the first 18 months until the 24 meg deployment caused widespread issues across Ireland especially Munster.
    Tech support lowered it to 7 meg to see if that would resolve my ping issue (interleaving is switched on for the higher speeds) with no effect but left it at the 7 meg limit.
    Whatever app the sales team use is obviously flawed as I've often seen my speeds jump to over 10-12 megs for a few mins before settling back down to 7 meg.
    I rang sales and asked them if I could upgrade to the 24 meg package to see what speed increase I could get (I'd be happy with 10-12meg) but their system wouldn't allow me and Tech support can't upgrade me (for test purposes) without the sales team putting through the order..
    It's ridiculous that an obviously flawed app is stopped me from this and I'm highly tempted to move to Vodafone or other ISP as my current Eircom contract is up since about 6 months ago.
    Can any of you help out here?

Hi Sc@recrow,

Can you private message mw with your eircom telephone number or account I can check it out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hi Sc@recrow,

Can you private message mw with your eircom telephone number or account I can check it out for you.

Thanks, Mark

thanks Mark..sry bout the delay but there doesn't seem to be a link to this forums..boards are investigating..

thanks Mark..sry bout the delay but there doesn't seem to be a link to this forums..boards are investigating..

Hi Sc@recrow,

No problem :)I will log the case and look ino it and get back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark...any update on this?

Hi Sc@recrow,

No problem :)I will log the case and look ino it and get back to you by the end of the week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Sc@recrow,

I apologise, I am still checking a few things at the exchange but I will get back to you by tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Sc@recrow,

I apologise, I am still checking a few things at the exchange but I will get back to you by tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Sc@recrow

I am very sorry about the delay I have sent a request to have the libe checked at the exchange and to managers in broadband technical support they have been checking every possibility givin the dramatic decrease in speed.

So as soon as they have checked all the connections they will get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Sc@recrow

I am very sorry about the delay I have sent a request to have the libe checked at the exchange and to managers in broadband technical support they have been checking every possibility givin the dramatic decrease in speed.

So as soon as they have checked all the connections they will get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

thanks Mark..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Sc@recrow
    I have spoken to Mark and this case is still with him, you should have word on this today. My apologies for delay.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Welcome to the world of Eircom Support

• Advertisement

Hi Sc@recrow,

The exchange you are under is showning no issue. I had the port checked at your exchange and again no issues were found. The bandwidth as you otlined still should not decline.

So broadband technical support advised that you call them directly on 1890 260 260. I apologise but The issue doen't sound equipment related but I checked every possibility before refering you to technical support. Which is the reason for the delay.

Support are open between 8-10pm.

I am very sorry for the wait.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Mark..I don't have a problem with slow speeds...my problem is eircom won't allow me to upgrade my net telling me I can't get more than 6meg when I've previously been on the 7.6meg package before..
    Tech support say they cannot put me on the 24meg for test purposes until sales take my order and Sales cannot put the order through since eircom's flawed app won't allow them to....it's bloody ridiculous that a simple app is blocking this otherwise simple process

Mark..I don't have a problem with slow speeds...my problem is eircom won't allow me to upgrade my net telling me I can't get more than 6meg when I've previously been on the 7.6meg package before..
    Tech support say they cannot put me on the 24meg for test purposes until sales take my order and Sales cannot put the order through since eircom's flawed app won't allow them to....it's bloody ridiculous that a simple app is blocking this otherwise simple process

Hi Sc@recrow,

I appreciate your point. However Pallaskerny is exchange in Limrick is not enabled for the 24MB as yet. Also the peramiters of the 24MB package require a minimum bandwidth of 10-12 on telephone line to avail of the package.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I had the same issue although it was via. Vodafone. I asked on 2 seperate occasions what was the max. my line could take and was told 10mb. Then a week later was told 6mb. The line had been re-graded.

Tell them to put your profile on ADSL2+ this should fix the issue.

Advertisement