Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitehorse Echo - Proof plenty goes on in Mountrath

Options
  • 08-12-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I read on here a while ago, somebody trashing Mountrath saying there was nothing to do for either themselves or their kids. To be honest, it struck me as a load of crap, and that they hadn't made the effort to get out their front door and get involved in their new community that they had lived in for about two years.

Why am I saying this? Well, a new magazine called the Whitehorse Echo was just launched at the weekend and it's packed with stuff. Sports clubs, youth clubs, social clubs, a diary that has every single date covered with activities etc

Maybe people who move to an area like Mountrath should open their eyes and see all the activities they can get involved in to become part of a community rather than sitting in and sniping at it from their sitting rooms

Sorry for the rant, but that post a couple of months back just p***ed me off

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I hear ya, we have the same issue in our village. While it's more true to the point that there is not much going on, nobody was doing anything about it. So more and more locals are setting up groups and clubs to expand youth entertainment. If anything good comes out of this recession it may be that we treat each other a little more like human beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

But there isn't anything to do in Mountrath for the under-60s if you don't play sport..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

baz2009 wrote: »
    But there isn't anything to do in Mountrath for the under-60s if you don't play sport..

Plenty of pubs! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement