Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alphas (Syfy) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Why is it that nearly every last science fiction programme has an episode with underground arena fights?
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hopefully be put to better use than the one in Heroes.

Haha, that ended pretty badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Monotype wrote: »
    Why is it that nearly every last science fiction programme has an episode with underground arena fights?

Wait until they do the alternate universe episode and also each of the characters will die at least once. And I'm sure there'll be a body swap episode as well.
    Am I missing any? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wait until they do the alternate universe episode and also each of the characters will die at least once. And I'm sure there'll be a body swap episode as well.
    Am I missing any? :)

A mysterious illness sweeps across everyone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Don't forget the holodeck/virtual reality/shared hallucination episode.

Ah I forgot(funnily enough) about the episode where they all lose their memories and the episode where one of them is trapped on another plane where he/she can't be seen but he/she can see everyone else.

And of course, the time loop episode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

5/5....a stunning episode, dark and disturbing....NIna, jesus....messed up man!
    Gary was superb.....see my fruit! LOL!

The forums have been raving about this ep, ALOT of hatred for Nina.....what she did all round....that was super villan suff!

Terrific and fleshed out backstory, terrific editing, superb stunt falling off the roof. Best episode to date!

The see my fruit bit is @ 2.20__ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have to agree, I'd actually say it's the strongest episode of the show full stop. I also really like the new girl. I wouldn't have been bothered at all if Nina died; I think she Rosen's daughter is a better and more interesting love interest for Hicks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Anyone know the name of the song that played over the last few scenes? Drivin me mad, can't think of it.

"I've Seen All Good People: A. Your Move, B. All Good People" by Yes.
    http://www.tunefind.com/show/alphas

Yeah Nina's pretty messed up and the backstory explained why she was acting the way she was. With her dad trying to leave and she wouldn't let him but he left her anyway by committing suicide. Then Rosen, who's like a father figure to her, leaving her drove her over the edge. So at least it wasn't a random backstory to explain some random thing a character is doing.

So was it Nina robbing the bank?

And have to say it: Rachel was going all out on Nina, being sure to grab the pole behind Nina to get in tight. :D

Wonder if we'll see any effects from Kat's memory loss. It's not like she'll suddenly forget the team since seeing them every day, but she may forget her victory over Bill. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they seem to have dropped the whole I lose one of my senses when i am maxing out another one for Rachael as her sense of smell is always on as far as I can see

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    they seem to have dropped the whole I lose one of my senses when i am maxing out another one for Rachael as her sense of smell is always on as far as I can see

Noticed that as well. In the first episode she wasn't able to hear while using here supersight, but then the second episode she was able to carry on a conversation while watching someone with her supersight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Well they have been saying that their abilities can grow stronger as we have seen with Harkin and Nina so that might explain rachel.

As for that episode with Nina,it was brilliant, best of the show so far. Really good back story and I'm glad they didn't kill Nina, she is a very good character because she is so complicated. Really enjoyed that episode.

^ everyone seems to be getting power upgrades....me thinks Kat is a trojan horse and working for Parish....possibly his daughter!

tvnutz wrote: »
    Well they have been saying that their abilities can grow stronger as we have seen with Harkin and Nina so that might explain rachel.

As for that episode with Nina,it was brilliant, best of the show so far. Really good back story and I'm glad they didn't kill Nina, she is a very good character because she is so complicated. Really enjoyed that episode.

I posred an interview with the actress, she confrms she's got or will get power upgrades as the series goes on, Hicks will have some killer predictive forsight as well, like the stunt on thr roof.

Btw....the refrence to rachel "getting off" with a kiss....well that will be a plotline soon, :D

"I've Seen All Good People: A. Your Move, B. All Good People" by Yes.
    http://www.tunefind.com/show/alphas

Yeah Nina's pretty messed up and the backstory explained why she was acting the way she was. With her dad trying to leave and she wouldn't let him but he left her anyway by committing suicide. Then Rosen, who's like a father figure to her, leaving her drove her over the edge. So at least it wasn't a random backstory to explain some random thing a character is doing.

So was it Nina robbing the bank?

And have to say it: Rachel was going all out on Nina, being sure to grab the pole behind Nina to get in tight. :D

Wonder if we'll see any effects from Kat's memory loss. It's not like she'll suddenly forget the team since seeing them every day, but she may forget her victory over Bill. :)

WHY do people keep thinking her meltdown was due to Rosen?????? :confused::rolleyes:

It was due to hicks!, didn't yáll see the parralels between Hicks and her childhood sweetheart?

I think Hicks was the first guy Nina loved and trusted since her childhood....when she pushed Hicks by accident and he broke up with her she fell apart!

That's why she tried to fake what she had previously with her childhood BF, she tried to push herself into thinking it was real, she broke up her childhood BF's marriage....and then pushed him!

Thing you have to remember is, Nina feels everything is fake, relationships and love etc. with Hicks she finally felt safe and truely loved. Tbh i never felt they were suited, or that it was anything more then physical....at least for Hicks.

Ah yeah forgot about that similarity.

As Gary would say..i'm being inapproiate :p

Who is Anna? Oh right, Gary's friend.

Who is Anna? Oh right, Gary's friend.

I guess you could nearly say she's the one who made people notice how good this show is. The first episode she was in was the one where most people went from "I'll check it out" or "Meh, it's a Heroes/X-Men ripoff" to "Holy s#!t" :D

• Advertisement

I guess you could nearly say she's the one who made people notice how good this show is. The first episode she was in was the one where most people went from "I'll check it out" or "Meh, it's a Heroes/X-Men ripoff" to "Holy s#!t" :D

She's starring in season 8 of Supernatural as a love interest for Sam, or is it Dean?...:confused:

At first I thought she was Natalie Portman until I remembered she probably wouldn't do a tv series at the moment

Brutal episode!....don't get it, you go from the BEST episode of the series to the worst in one ep.?

But, they seem to have setup the season arc with the machine...cue Summer Glau!

http://twitter.com/Anna_Lives

Were they implying that Gary set up that account? Or was he just looking at it?

At first I was thinking Nina was quick at figuring out how to pull memories from people but then realised she was basically using a similar technique hypnotists would use.

Were they implying that Gary set up that account? Or was he just looking at it?

At first I was thinking Nina was quick at figuring out how to pull memories from people but then realised she was basically using a similar technique hypnotists would use.

He set it up, that machine is doing things ;)

Most important thing the machine is doing is giving an excuse to bring Summer back. :D

• Advertisement

Most important thing the machine is doing is giving an excuse to bring Summer back. :D

For five episodes! :D

Ooooh, testing the threshold of how many episodes she can be in without getting the show cancelled.

The 4400 managed 8 Summer eps.

Folks over at TVBTN are gagging for Mondays ratings...to see if the Summer Glau curse lives :p

Yay! Summer's back. Though she looked different somehow. Maybe it's since she was playing a mum.
    When the 2 guys confronted her on the bridge I was just thinking "Yeah great idea taking on River Tam and Cameron" :D

Another great wee bit of dialogue involving Gary.
    Nina(or Rachel) - "What do these 2 do?"
    Rachel(or Nina) - "We're about to find out"
    Gary - "He opens doors!"

So what are the chances of Bill finding the leak and not getting the wrong person? 3 possibilities: He finds her or Someone is set up to take the fall or He finds someone else that we didn't know was involved with Stantaon Parish but keeps Rosen's daughter free.

Another very meh episode, but Zoe the little girl was awesome!....the Gary line was funny, but the only real one. It went more like....Gary says, he's an alphas,,,i wonder what the other two do. Nina....we don't wanna find out, Gary.... he's opens doors!

Be interesting to see if Parish turns Skylar + if Rosen outs Dani....but as you said ^ Bill might frack that up our they'll throw a patsy up, but be MUCH more interesting if all the team were implicated and see how that plays out.

• Advertisement

Thinking about it and based on previous episodes, I think Dani will be found out. The reason I say that is because if I remember correctly this show does have its twists but at the same time they don't do anything that's too out there. It seems if there's only one possible outcome, then that's the outcome that'll occur.

Episode 2.07 - Gods and Monsters
    The team is confronted with evidence of Parish's evil agenda; a young Alpha reveals a deadly ability.

Episode 2.08 - Falling
    Rosen discovers the identity of the mole; Kat tracks a mysterious new street drug that makes users temporarily invincible.

Episode 2.09 - The Devil Will Drag You Under
    Hicks turns defector and begins working for Parish; the team uncovers a plot to cause a massive, deadly blackout.

^ ah jaysus!....2x08!, couldn't they stretch at arc out longer? :rolleyes:

But 2x09...... :eek: , double agent! :confused:

No episode next Monday btw.

Returns tonight...

Decent enough episode. I like when the main villain and the hero team leader calmly talk to each other in shows like this.

If Rosen saw Parish's thoughts, does that mean Parish saw Rosen's? Though does Rosen have anything to hide?

And was that Sean Astin that we got a glimpse of?

Solid episode this week, lots of enotional scenes...Dani doing her Alpha thing on Cam and his son, the heartbreaking scene at the end with Dani and Rosen....some tears flowed!

Kat got to kick some ass + loved the continue dynamic duo of Kat vs. Gary with added Bill for comedic value. Getting bored of Rachel though, and Nina has gone a bit meh as well.

So next week Cam and Dani infiltrate team Parish.....hmmm.

Kat's my favourite character. I don't know why but I have no investment in any of the characters or the show in general. I still watch it, but I find myself not caring about anything that happens.

I really like it as a show, think its better than a lot of the crap out there. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:( RIP dani :(:(:(

I liked her and Cam together alot, seems Rogue....eh, BSG shot in the head chick sees the future as well, hmmm......i wonder what Dani transfeed to Nina right bebore dani died?

Cams feelings for Nina?....like back when they were together, his love for her....i'll bet that's it as it's something Dani would do and she would want Cam to be all happy and loved up with Nina.

So Parrish is nuts....check, population cull to save the planet, Alphas are the way forward.....checking all the X-Men boxes :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Decent enough episode, but I really found myself not caring about Dani, and the fact that her death was telegraphed right from the start of the episode didn't help much.

I'm starting to worry that this peaked with that brilliant Nina episode and it's all down hill from there.

I liked her and Cam together alot, seems Rogue....eh, BSG shot in the head chick sees the future as well, hmmm......i wonder what Dani transfeed to Nina right bebore dani died?

When did she see the future?

So death in 2 shows I watch in the same week.

At first I thought Cameron would be mad at Rosen for this but I'd say he'll just be more determined to take down Parrish.

Did find it strange Cameron called for Nina, considering Rachel might've been able to help as she usually does in medical emergencies.

• Advertisement

Knew it!...100% filler....i had a feeling we''d see a stop gap filler ep. but it was utter crap!, a fracking baby!.....only good thing was Azita's/Rachel's *KILLER* bod!....hot damn!
    Thing is....once she gets into her sex groove she'll be MAD for it!

So basically Cam and Rosen are out for blood, literally....next week looks much better based on the promo, it'll be non stop action now for the final three eps. to the finale.

When did she see the future?

So death in 2 shows I watch in the same week.

At first I thought Cameron would be mad at Rosen for this but I'd say he'll just be more determined to take down Parrish.

Did find it strange Cameron called for Nina, considering Rachel might've been able to help as she usually does in medical emergencies.

She predicated Parish would be seeing Dani rather soon, he interpreted this as her death was already forseen.

Knew it!...100% filler....i had a feeling we''d see a stop gap filler ep. but it was utter crap!, a fracking baby!.....only good thing was Azita's/Rachel's *KILLER* bod!....hot damn!
    Thing is....once she gets into her sex groove she'll be MAD for it!

So basically Cam and Rosen are out for blood, literally....next week looks much better based on the promo, it'll be non stop action now for the final three eps. to the finale.

It was hardly filler,it was showing the reaction of Rosen and Hicks to here death,the baby was just a subplot. I hate shows that kill off a character and don't explore what happens after. Rosen was not the type of person to go all revenge like right away,but after this episode now he is ready.

So how do you kill Parish? Cut of his head I assume! Keep it seperate from the body! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope, definitely filler. Pretty bad episode.

Rosen! :eek: ...he's gone off the reservation!....he's nuts! :eek:

Holy crap!, man this show!....who is the bad guy now eh?....show flipping the antagonist and super villian is good stuff!, that's the thing about Alphas....the so called good guys are not really that good.

They kill people, use Alpha abilities to get what they want....Rosen learned that Parish really cared about Dani and regretted her death, but Rosen used that in a way you'd not expect.

It made him even more hardline and nuts!....he even burned down Parish's house! :eek:

The Senator!....he threatened her! :eek: ....she was right, Rosen is just as bad and as dangerous as Parish!, very solid ep. - poor Gary :( ....made worse because he dosen't understand or feel the emotional impact a non autistic person would :(

Sean Astin was a poor man's Gary....lose some weight fatty!, so two left...both with Summer Glau, two parter.....me thinks they'll be crackin'

Thought it was generally good, but it's the overall series that is annoying me. I can't deal with this one good episode, one bad, etc.

Also, I just can't see where the show can go from the eventual death of Parish (presumably at the end of the season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Meh. Kind of bored with this show. I'll stick it out until the end of the season, hopefully they can pull it out of the bag and give us some surprises.

Mr E wrote: »
    Meh. Kind of bored with this show. I'll stick it out until the end of the season, hopefully they can pull it out of the bag and give us some surprises.

Personally I think its better than a lot of stuff on at the moment, not talking excellent stuff like Boardwalk Empire,Breaking Bad, Homeland etc but most of the other rubbish,really enjoying it bar maybe 2 or 3 eps that were slow.

"are you a Terminator?"..... :p , nice one writers!...nice nod to TSCC, pretty excellent episode all round...lots of Matrix like mind control with Skylar and Nina....though i called both before the reveal ;)

You could tell by the weird camera angles in Skylars thing it was The Matrix. Scipio was great....eat my ass...nice try bitch!.....:D , pretty clear now Rosen is has gone off the deep end and his henchman Hicks will do his bidding.

Pretty shocked Rachel was in on it too, though saw sense in the end....did anyone suspect the mole who gave away the convo's info to Parish was...kat?

I just totally 100% suspect her for some reason....should be a great finale next week, with the power grid and beefed up Alphas and Rosen vs. Parish etc.

• Advertisement

Agreed, the show seems to be getting stronger but feel like it's getting ready to wind up. I could definitely see
    Rosen not surviving
    for some reason.

Advertisement