Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity donations

• 08-12-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm feeling very guilty coming into the xmas period and would like to donate to a decent charity.

Does anyone have any suggestions about who is doing the best work and not lining their pockets with my cash??

ps I'd prefer an Irish charity doing work in Ireland (no being racist you know, just feel thats what should be done).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

SVP is always a good one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

www.mycharity.ie for online donations to Charity of your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

I'm not going to push any particular charity - but a lot of the charities which help children/adults with special needs help to give people with special needs the opportunity to do basic things like swimming, bowling, day trips etc. There has never been very much money pumped into helping children with special needs, and there is a lot less money going into respite care, education and health-care than ever before at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GRCC

The rape crisis centres are always looking for donations. Much of their funding has been cut over the past year.

Advertisement