Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat

Options
  • 08-12-2010 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hello, I'm wondering do you need a separate freesat dish for two separate boxes a Standard Definition (SD) and a High Definition (HD) box, or does one dish qualify for two separate boxes with different quality of picture and sound.
    Also if I were to purchase a freesat box in The United Kingdom would it work in The Republic of Ireland?, in other words are the boxes region locked?.
    Thanks,
    Kindest Regards,
    Aidan! :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Aidan!

Please Help if anyone knows the answer to my question:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Hd or sd work of the same dish via seperate cable . You need to enter a uk postcode is all a welsh or english one works best.
    You can get boxes in ireland
    Try sat-world.ie

Boxs with recorders require 2 cables for the 1 box

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Aidan! wrote: »
    Hello, I'm wondering do you need a separate freesat dish for two separate boxes a Standard Definition (SD) and a High Definition (HD) box, or does one dish qualify for two separate boxes with different quality of picture and sound.
    Also if I were to purchase a freesat box in The United Kingdom would it work in The Republic of Ireland?, in other words are the boxes region locked?.
    Thanks,
    Kindest Regards,
    Aidan! :D:D

You've posted in the wrong forum you should have posted in the Satellite forum.

To answer your question, you can run 2 receivers off the one dish. (you can run 1000's of receivers from one dish with the right equipment.)
    You will need a twin or quad LNB for your dish. The boxes are not region locked and will work perfectly with any 60cm dish in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Aidan!

Nowso wrote: »
    Hd or sd work of the same dish via seperate cable . You need to enter a uk postcode is all a welsh or english one works best.
    You can get boxes in ireland
    Try sat-world.ie

Boxs with recorders require 2 cables for the 1 box
    Ok I shall get an Irish one because I don't have a UK post code.
    Thats good to know they can be connected via the same dish,
    Thanks so much for your help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

It doesn't matter where you get it you will just look up a post code on the internet and enter it, it is just so the box knows which region of channels to display.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

If you want a London post cade use SW1 1AA, it is the home of a well known old lady. If you want a NI post code use BT1 1AA, I do not know who owns it, but I'm sure they wont mind.

The signal comes from a satellite and does not know where you live, Freesat only wants to know so you get the right regional news and the right adverts.

Advertisement