Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Cowen: I'm sorry, I'm extremely sorry... Nobody is more sorry than me ....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

K-9 wrote: »
    Was weird listening to Gerry defending 12.5% Corporation Tax though.
    Considering just a few years ago, getting rid of it was at the center of their "economic" plans. But you know what it's like with them. They'll say anything to appeal to the mob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

dotsman wrote: »
    The analogy here being Ireland. ETA is a terrorist organisation murdering the people of spain. The IRA are a terrorist organisation murdering the people of Ireland (as well as the UK). They are enemies of the state, enemies of democracy, enemies of free speech, enemies of peace etc. We legitimized Sinn Fein in an attempt to bring about peace in Northern Ireland. For the most part, it has worked. However, the down side is that they now attract a wide range of uneducated sheep into voting for them here in the republic.

No, the analogy here being completely flawed by way of basic geography. ETA don't want to govern Spain any more than Sinn Fein want to govern Britain.

It wasn't sinn fein that savaged freedom of speech in this country back in the good old days, it was labour, fine gael and fianna fail but don't let that stop ye ****eing on about it in relation to the shinners.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Because he's playing the cancer card?

i don't think i have ever seen a worst post than this, jesus, I'm fairly un pc myself, but the man is dying of cancer... and you make a comment like that... imagine someone in his close family read that post... sleep well, hope you never have to experience cancer yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dotsman wrote: »
    Considering just a few years ago, getting rid of it was at the center of their "economic" plans. But you know what it's like with them. They'll say anything to appeal to the mob.

Nationalising basically everything including the banks was a big policy in the early 90's. FF achieved that one!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Because he's playing the cancer card?
    I have never been a Fianna Fáil supporter even before all this, and I am on record on Boards (and elsewhere) on numerous occasions over the last couple of years advocating that we the electorate should annihilate them as a party at the next election.

But that comment sticks in my craw.

No-one "plays" the cancer card, even in politics. It's not something which is funny or a game, and I have yet to meet someone who had it who thought it was.

Nor has Lenihan made any kind of a big deal about his cancer; in fact, I don't recall him doing anything but shy away completely from the subject when it was brought up publicly.

Other people in the public and the media constantly bring it up, certainly; that's their issue, not his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

At about 18:15 on that radio clip you can hear someone fapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    god thats awful to say he's playing the cancer card - shame on you.
    Thats low - He may not be anyone's favorite politician at the moment, but you have to give the guy kudos for sticking with the job instead of retiring when he was diagnosed, as everyone expect him to do in fairness.
    i don't think i have ever seen a worst post than this, jesus, I'm fairly un pc myself, but the man is dying of cancer... and you make a comment like that... imagine someone in his close family read that post... sleep well, hope you never have to experience cancer yourself.

Oh yeah - it's very fucking easy to take a post completely out of context & have a go at it.

Hardly fair though.

The post I responded to to was "Why would anyone feel sorry for Brian Lenihan?"

Now, as there is no possible reason why anyone would feel sorry for him politically, the only reason could be a personal one - in this case, his cancer.

It's obvious that he hasn't played the cancer card, which is why I phrased it as a question.

But sure, whatever.... take it whatever way you like, call it non-PC & act all offended, if that makes you feel better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

But sure, whatever.... take it whatever way you like, call it non-PC & act all offended, if that makes you feel better.

i apologise, misunderstanding. I feel sorry for him as a person, politically my views may also differ but thats a tangent. I didn't think dying of cancer was something your can throw around with loose meaning thats all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Oh yeah - it's very fucking easy to take a post completely out of context & have a go at it.

Hardly fair though.

The post I responded to to was "Why would anyone feel sorry for Brian Lenihan?"

Now, as there is no possible reason why anyone would feel sorry for him politically, the only reason could be a personal one - in this case, his cancer.

It's obvious that he hasn't played the cancer card, which is why I phrased it as a question.

Or as Cowen would say "I don't accept that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ColHol wrote: »
    Or as Cowen would say "I don't accept that"

I love being compared to Brian Cowen. It's even better than having my post taken out of context.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Confab wrote: »
    God knows what'd happen if SF got into power, but I can guarantee it'd be much, much worse than having FF, FG or Labour (the union rimjob experts) in power.
    How do you know? Of the latter three only one has released anything vaguely resembling a body of policies, and that was kind of torpedoed for me when Noonan started talking about "putting a floor on property prices" and "getting the whole thing started again". There isn't enough facepalm in the world. Regardless though, at least SF have put out some sort of a roadmap. True, the roadmap involves not firing anyone in the public sector or raising any taxes, but eh... never mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Anyone see the front page of The Star.

It's headline is ' I'm in charge ' , should have read for the lol'z

' I'm the gaffer '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dionysus wrote: »

Jim Corr............. fuck yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

Dionysus wrote: »
    President: I'm sorry too, Dimitri. I'm very sorry. Alright you're sorrier than I am but I'm very sorry as well....
    :D Very funny, class movie Dr Strangelove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

As you know, personal insults are a grounds for a ban on boards.ie-I wouldn't want to give you that power trip.

I stand by my statement-calling for people to be hanged or murdered is for scumbags and little Hitlers. I'm sure any right thinking person will agree, regardless of how angry they justifiably feel about the goverment's handling of the banking crisis.

Sorry to break up the hate fest, but I try to be rational and not engage in Ian Paisley politics.

Calling for people to be hanged does not make you a scumbag, this government are traitors to this country, they deserve the death penalty. That would be justice served on this country. We need a general election and trials for treason against the cabinet. They have ruined this country for the long term future and generations to come.

Advertisement